• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm going to be free for most of today so I'd like to practice some more techniques, since I don't think that a computer is a good practice partner. If anyone wants to play online, just send me a text at
913 601 1792

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hey thanks for taking your time to do this with me, thanks for everything today lux. For next time I'm going to practice pivot grabs and DI-ing.
That's a very good start imo. You might also want to learn how to jump cancel egg toss out of Dash/Run because it lets you throw eggs while slightly moving for even more safer spacing.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
@ Fino Lol. Not what I meant, but... it`s a given

GG`s Boomer. Your Yoshi seems really familiar. Hmm. Did you go to a tournament on October 9th with a friend?

You should come to Perfect Duck`s house with us on Mondays to get in some great offline experience.

Your yoshi has a good look. Nice egg spacing and pressure. Your grab release chain grabs were impressive.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I did in fact I was going to ask if you were at that tourney.
I'll try to go to the offline sessions but it might be hard to get parents permission.
And they were good games, except for the fact that, because of the internet lag, half the time when I tried to throw an egg, I'd egg roll of the cliff.

DeLux

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Lies.

Yoshi doesn't have a grab release chain grab on Ness. Bad Rockstar. Bad

DeLux

Fino must be right that Rockstar likes getting grab released.

Of your gameplay, it was he said impressed him.

Premises:
Rockstar Mains Ness
Ness gets grab released
Rockstar is impressed by grab release shenanigans when used against him

Conclusion.

Rockstar mains Ness because he likes getting grab released

Rockstar

Smash Ace
@ Lux. Yoshi has a chain grab on Lucas. I only used Ness against him once, and your right. The grab release wasnt any good. (I rarely use ness on wifi) Every other time I used Lucas. So the chain grab was a good idea for him.

Egman, I definently remember you. I was wondering when you'd make an account haha. I have one of our matches up from that tourney. Here's an old casual match of ours. Rockstar (Ness) vs Egman (Yoshi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU9oLLtpNt4

DeLux

It doesn`t make a difference what character you main. Despite the millions of advantage/disadvantage situations in this game, and insane predicaments that occur. It`s about commitment. Discovering what your character does best, and what you have to work on. Sticking it through, one game at a time.
Dude, I'm using this mentality in competitive pokemon. So far it's working because I can beat every top level CPU all the way through the Elite Four.

Ima make my pokevideo soon so you guys can comment on it. As long at it's a good comment, I'll let the world see what you think of my pokeskills :)

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, back then u think it was something like you won 2/3 of the time, of course, in the past few months, I'm pretty sure I've gotten better then I was then.

just not on wifi...

Rockstar

Smash Ace
I know what you mean. Yeah we've both gotten better since then. Trust me, everyone sucks on wifi lol. That's why I always prefer offline. I practice at perfect duck's on mondays, but what gets me really good is going against my neighbors. Theyre nothing special, but good enough to make me better.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Makes sense. My parents used to be like that, until they gave me a chance. Now they trust the Kansas crew. Since then i've become alot better. Well, when they let you, you won't regret it.

DeLux

What criteria do you guys use to measure how you've gotten better out of curiosity?

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
... Well I looked at what i did in that video and realized that the mistakes or bad moves I did in the video, I no longer do or I bettered the move or technique.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Fino must be right that Rockstar likes getting grab released.

Of your gameplay, it was he said impressed him.

Premises:
Rockstar Mains Ness
Ness gets grab released
Rockstar is impressed by grab release shenanigans when used against him

Conclusion.

Rockstar mains Ness because he likes getting grab released
Fin...I mean, that one chick is right, you're trolling level is getting off the charts.

DeLux

To be fair, most STD's are very treatable.

You just have to stay away from AIDS and the Herp. Those will destroy you. Go back to school lol

This is why I took him off ignore; some of the things he says are too valuable to pass up. I'm starting a thread soon called "Life Lessons with Rockstar". It'll be the most visited thread in the Midwest lol

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
hey rockstar I can get on wifi again in like 10 minutes. You want to play, I think Lux can also bridge to connection to make it better if he wants.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
So, Boomer, what would your folks say about you wanting to go to a tournament in Wichita this coming weekend?

Better half of Kansas is coming, right? Oh yeah, we may run a stage-list viable for all characters. Might not this weekend, but will next biweekly.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ill be there. speaking of which, as im obviously a driver, i need to know whos going so we can divy up people. if we need two cars any volunteers?

also fair warning, if KU makes the NCAA championships i will not be at the smashfest

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMATION: Smash at my house Monday evening 5:30-11:00pm. Directions to my place on the first post.

I was told by my parents (once again) that things got rather loud last time. So (once again) I'd like to ask we keep the noise level down. This starts with having low TV volumes. Low TV volume = not having to shout over the tv to be heard. When something exciting happens, maintain a level of self-control and do not shout at the top of your lungs with expletives. I cannot stress that last part enough.

The talk I had with them was harsh. I was asked 'Who was it who said that?' and 'Should you continue to invite that person' ... I want them to be perfectly fine with me doing this, not -tolerating- me doing this.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I don't even acknowledge troll attempts anymore. They're lame. Trolls are like STD's. Fall victim to one, and it's all over.
Lux getting too obvious with his trolling. Gotta kick it up a notch mang =]

Also, according to rockstar, getting trolled is like having sex.

Though, you can be a better troll than someone... I fear being a better STD wouldn't have the same effect :(

For the record, I've had full blown AIDS twice. Still holding strong :3

EDIT
... Well I looked at what i did in that video and realized that the mistakes or bad moves I did in the video, I no longer do or I bettered the move or technique.
Unfortunately, that's not very good criteria to judge getting better =/

Smash Lord
I'll be there tomorrow.

I want to learn the high tier characters right now, whether I plan to use them or not. If anyone can help out with that, please do so.

Strongly thinking about going to Wichita this weekend. I haven't checked anything yet, but I want a spot in the car.

I guess I have a second car if we really need it, but I would avoid having to use it if all possible because stick shift = me driving the whole way.

Top Bottom