• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Rockstar

Smash Ace
@ Raptor, I might be able to go. 50 50 chance on this one. So far so good.

@ Perfect Duck, i`ll try my hardest to make it.

@ Fino, there are different tier`s for trolling. Bottom tier`s are the ones who get trolled and are helpless. Low tier`s are the ones who throw in a smart *** comment every now & then, but not too often. Mid tiers are the ones who throw in a smart *** comment whenever they possibly can. High tiers are the one`s who make extremely confusing posts that clearly are targeted to make someone frustrated. And top tiers are the best kind. They`re the professionals. The ones that troll the trolls, giving them a taste of there own medicine.

Dnyce

Smash Master
@ Raptor, I might be able to go. 50 50 chance on this one. So far so good.

@ Perfect Duck, i`ll try my hardest to make it.

@ Fino, there are different tier`s for trolling. Bottom tier`s are the ones who get trolled and are helpless. Low tier`s are the ones who throw in a smart *** comment every now & then, but not too often. Mid tiers are the ones who throw in a smart *** comment whenever they possibly can. High tiers are the one`s who make extremely confusing posts that clearly are targeted to make someone frustrated. And top tiers are the best kind. They`re the professionals. The ones that troll the trolls, giving them a taste of there own medicine.
Okay... and the point you're trying to make was...?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ok im gonna have to put my foot down. STOP ****ING TEXTING ME BEFORE ELEVEN. im soooo tired of getting woken up every monday by texts. happens every monday, and its not even the same person every time. so please stop

Dnyce

Smash Master
Your philosophy was that trolling is like sex. I look at it a little differently.
Umm... no, that was you pal. You said troll are like STDs... so getting trolled is like getting an STD... and the way you get STDs is by sex. This was all you, none of these words are my own. I would appreciate it if you avoid putting words in my mouth.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Stealth, someone's bound to forget and send you a text before eleven in the morning on some random Monday.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Stealth, someone's bound to forget and send you a text before eleven in the morning on some random Monday.
Yo.

Also i was gonna show up today for kicks and to help quote a lil but altenator on the ride went out last night...so prolly not gonna happen.
if it does then it will..if it doesnt then it wont

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Yo.

Also i was gonna show up today for kicks and to help quote a lil but altenator on the ride went out last night...so prolly not gonna happen.
if it does then it will..if it doesnt then it wont
Just don't take it to the same garage Rockstar takes his car to or else we won't be seeing you until next year.

The Evidence:

Damn I wanna go sooooo badly, but I don't have a ride today. My cars in the shop right now so I dont have a way to get there. FML. I wish I could make it guys.
... but I need a ride again.
Yeah Quote. Maybe I could tag along with you?
we should carpool & go to Wichita. Gas on me.
just pick me up from the johnson county library as usual.
Ok so what time should I be at johnson county library, Quote?
Sadly, my car is still down. If I could fetch a ride from anyone, that`d be appreciated.
Make sure you stay away from the Garage Ares. It's where cars go to die. The saga continuessssssss

There are different tier`s for trolling. Bottom tier`s are the ones who get trolled and are helpless. Low tier`s are the ones who throw in a smart *** comment every now & then, but not too often. Mid tiers are the ones who throw in a smart *** comment whenever they possibly can. High tiers are the one`s who make extremely confusing posts that clearly are targeted to make someone frustrated. And top tiers are the best kind. They`re the professionals. The ones that troll the trolls, giving them a taste of there own medicine.
Fino, you got trolled. This is obviously not real. The evidence:

I personally don't believe in tiers.
Rockstar trolled Fino.

Therefore, Rockstar is a troll of the highest tier.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Woah... I feel like I just got 5 stocked. GG`s (Lux).

No, my car was in terribad condition. And I couldnt afford to pay all of it at once. Lol you guys have no idea.

As for tier list, I should`ve made myself more clear. I dont listen to them at all. I think theyve messed up alot of characters potential to advance in the metagame due to people going with "better" characters instead. See what I mean?

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
I defiently can't make it tonite, I work 4 to 9 and sat 4 to 9 aswell so probably can't make the witchita. where I work they don't tell me my hours until the fri the week before and i have to request time of two weeks ahead so if there are any other close tourneys i need to know it atleast 2 weeks ahead to make sure I don't have work.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Well, my next biweekly is scheduled two weeks after this upcoming one. There. I gave you a two-weeks notice.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Theres gonna be a really good tournament May 7th, at the Lawrence Library. (Lux) can tell you more about it then anyone. You shoould go to it.

DeLux

So let's do some shout outs :) :) :) GGs

Let me think

Jason - I was just kidding. You aren't bad :( Please don't leave us you're too cool

Rick - Your MK is actually really good at the IC matchup. It took me like 4-5 games to figure out how to stop it. You're way more tourney ready then you gave yourself credit for when we were talking. Come to some tournies and do work with it.

Michael - I don't think Falco is the character for you. First, it would suck to spend so much time on him because you play Danny a lot AND you live in an IC heavy region. But then, one of the main issues I saw with your Kirby when you played him was you didn't play patient enough, and then you'd let opportunities to capitalize slip by when they did show up. Kind of the same thing with Falco. Gotta camp, gotta punish when you see it. Keep working at it whatever is fun for you though and you'll find it. I personally think you'd have more success with MK or Diddy than Falco because of the pressure style they apply.

Danny - We are getting too good too fast. Best ROB at the IC matchup. Although I kinda had your pika's number tonight. You better watch out for when I stop biting on spot dodge.

Blake - I hope you weren't offended when I said that Danny has the best ROB that I've played in the IC matchup. It's not a knock on you. It's just Danny plays way more patient and does quite a bit of more spacing things with the gyro that messes up my game than you were doing.

Rockstar - :metaknight: No Grab Releases Necessary

Pictochat - I hate you

Frigate - I hate you even more

Halberd - I hated you the most

SquivyT - Man, your MK is terribad lol

DeLux

yeah, FU guys. Nobody but me gets a shout out from Danny.

I love shout outs. I just never get them because I'm a general douche bag :(

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Rick reached the next level before me. So it's up to me to make us both better now by surpassing him. And yes lux, even though you kid, i am bad. :)

Party Like a Rockstar - ggs pimp ..not quite sure what to think of my falco.. forget what the trolls be sayin, u have improved alot since we last played

(Sux) Like Me - MK dittos too good. I regret ever going MK vs ur ICs... its time i learned that MU w/ falco

Hands off my Bread said:
Just find whatever character you enjoy. Trust me, you'll be happier when you find that character. Then learn every in and out of that char.
Blake Griffin - all our matches were close i enjoy playing you even though i hate playing against rob

Dan the Man - u scurred

Jason is SOOOOOOOOOOO - madcuzbad

RickCity aka #1 MK in KS - eat **** *****

DeLux

lol

KS is known as "The Free State"

Coincidence? I think not

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

Raptor- Great games. Same old good PKchu.

Rick- MK vs Ness is one of my favorite matchups. I play really aggresive, while you play your mk was really fast, so those were by far the fastest paced games all night. You should show to some tournaments and do work.

Duck- Only got to play you once. Good game I guess. Ever since I played you at Finos tournament, you've gotten amazingly good at the matchup. Rob is definently tied for my most hated matchup, along with King Dedede.

Ares- Great games. I knew I had to learn that Mu. Thanks. Ive been playing this game way too much, so Ive gotten a bit better. Looking forward to more matches with you.

(Lux)- Down smash and ftilt. Great job.

Smash Lord
Mr. Doom- alfhfbvpcuMyhbpitnpquerhgfnerogin

Ares- asdfh;aohrngldknfFalcopbihjas[gjao[

Stealth- a;lsdfj;diReallyfjladkgadiohgklcnbgshgb

(Lux)- lasdfuh;asdfhgFreakingogoiadjoigopdigjpodi

Quote- loasdhf;ahf;hdf;jasdflSucksgj

Shoutouts are so dumb. A lot of it ends up just being point stuff after the second person or so.

Danny can you elaborate on what you were trying to say about me getting baited into stuff. I was a tad bit too zoned out to really adjust my playing much at the end of last night. Examples and explainations would be great.

I know that my falco is terrible and I know that. Regardless of that, I want to learn how to play him because it teaches me a lot. It lets me understand the thought processes of other people playing him. To me, that is a large factor in getting reads, knowing how to deal with situations and so on and so forth.

DeLux

So I can host on Thursday. For people that wants to come. Although clear it with me first so I know who's coming and can give the Ok. can't be having too many people running around here.

DeLux

Whenever > Whenever. I'd prefer earlier so that I can get some sleep before my intership Friday morning.

So why don't we say something like 2pm - 9pm is fine

DeLux

Theres gonna be a really good tournament May 7th, at the Lawrence Library. (Lux) can tell you more about it then anyone. You shoould go to it.

whoa whoa whoa pump the brakes...
Since when is there going to be a tournament on May 7th at the Lawrence Library?

Rockstar

Smash Ace
@Quote, there's a good chance I can make it, and an equal chance I won't be able to.

@ (Lux), Midwest Brawl & Melee: (Event 52) (MW:W Circuit) KC Smash Presents: Battle to End Hunger ft. Rick City - May 7th, 2011 - Lawrence, KS

Wait my bad. Lawrence church I think.

Top Bottom