• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Cook

Smash Master
IF you make these changes will there still be overnight on Friday?
**** yeah dude, we're going rollerskating on Friday!

Picture pending

(Of course, if people just want to stay in the venue and Smash, I GUESS they can do that. But those people suck.)

Legan

Smash Lord
Ill be here, Turns out I wont be leaving for Jaimaica until may 29th. So I guess this officially a real tournament now.

Cook

Smash Master
Ill be here, Turns out I wont be leaving for Jaimaica until may 29th. So I guess this officially a real tournament now.
Yay!

Also, we now have a ROLLER SKATING attendee list for all those planning on ROLLER SKATING!

Me and Nicole made it at like 6:00 AM when we were ******** tired. It is very inaccurate and probably funny to no one but us. Oh well.

Nicole

Smash Champion
ROLLERSKATING!!!! IT'S SO LEGIT!!!! Plus now we have Legan (who is going to rollerskate)!

nightwing2024

Smash Cadet
So, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news, we might have two more people coming from WI.

The bad news...

All my friends are really complaining (omg johns) about the fact that Lylat and Halberd are Neutral, and that Port Town and Yoshi's Island (Pipes) are even on the Counterpick List.

Personally, I don't mind Halberd as a Neutral. And I could deal with Lylat as Counter. But I can't stand Port Town (No edges, I'm a Wolf/DK Main, I mean really come on not exactly the best and fairest stage.) And Yoshi's Island seems unfair because of the CG to oblivion side.

So my numbers may be substantially reduced if those stages are still on.

Also, apparently there's a Tournament in Madison, WI. On the 2nd of May, right in the middle of KMYM.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
There is no problem if they are neutrals, if you dont want to go there thats what stage striking is for. As for pipes if facing a D3 then just ban it and go get infinited somewhere else. And port town is falcon's home turf, so leave it be.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
starters are not changing... stage striking means you don't have to play on halberd or lylat, just like i don't have to play on fd ever. as for the counterpick list, i think it can still change depending on what other complaints people have, and whether asc can be convinced.

anyway, port town is a barely used counterpick, and if you're that worried about it ban it. asc is an olimar main, and he does fine there, it's really not that bad. if you miss the ledge you take some damage, and that's all. occasionally it can kill you but it doesn't happen very often. yoshi's isn't that bad either, even though i agree that it should be banned. the blocks in the middle stop chain grabbing, so if you stay in the middle or on the left, you'll be fine.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
All my friends are really complaining (omg johns) about the fact that Lylat and Halberd are Neutral, and that Port Town and Yoshi's Island (Pipes) are even on the Counterpick List.

Personally, I don't mind Halberd as a Neutral. And I could deal with Lylat as Counter. But I can't stand Port Town (No edges, I'm a Wolf/DK Main, I mean really come on not exactly the best and fairest stage.) And Yoshi's Island seems unfair because of the CG to oblivion side.

That is why there is a thing called stage banning, and stage striking.

Also its called a counterpick for a reason.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
So, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news, we might have two more people coming from WI.

The bad news...

Also, apparently there's a Tournament in Madison, WI. On the 2nd of May, right in the middle of KMYM.

Don't worry about the neutrals too much because it's going to be stage striking. That means you wouldn't have to ever play on Halberd as the first match because you can always strike it out. (you get to strike 3 stages)

And I agree with Port Aero and Pipes being banned. The cars at port town ko at ridiculously low % which could be game changing. Pipes have small edges that also allow quick low percent deaths and as mentioned before, chaingrabing will be a big issue here. (DDD can 0-death anyone with relative ease)

EDIT: Holy crap I'm slow at posting. 3 posts jumped in before I posted mine.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about the neutrals too much because it's going to be stage striking. That means you wouldn't have to ever play on Halberd as the first match because you can always strike it out. (you get to strike 3 stages)

And I agree with Port Aero and Pipes being banned. The cars at port town ko at ridiculously low % which could be game changing. Pipes have small edges that also allow quick low percent deaths and as mentioned before, chaingrabing will be a big issue here. (DDD can 0-death anyone with relative ease)
lol i played razor's d3 with wario on pipes yesterday, and didn't get chaingrabbed once without the blocks messing it up.!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
lylat is legit. having seven neutrals is imo better than 5 or 9 (what were you thinking OS....). Halberd, i dont think is as neutral as say... delphino, though. But as for stage striking, remember that as long as there arent four stages that you despise as neutrals of the seven stages, you wont end up playing on a bad stage. you'll be fine.

Cook

Smash Master

The bad news...

Well, your friends know that we do stage striking, right, not just a random neutral? So if they don't like two of the stages they can use two of their strikes on them. What stages do they want for neutrals, anyway?

I'm an Olimar main and I don't think Port Town is unfair. I can't grab the ledge, but then I just end up bouncing up off the road anyway, so it's actually EASIER to avoid gimps. Cars are really ********, though. Besides, you get a ban anyway. As far as Pipes goes, I know it's been discussed before: does the hill mess up DDD's chaingrab? For some reason I was thinking that it does, and that he couldn't chaingrab people to death, but now I forget whether people said that was true or not. If it is true then I may consider banning it, but I will say that Mario Circuit was legal at MWC and DDD definitely did not dominate there, despite the easy walkoffs.

All this said, I am still considering banning a few stages, but mostly the two you mentioned, Pipes and Port Town.

Edit: Wow, I'm slow. Um, I forgot about the blocks stopping DDD's chaingrab on Pipes. Plus, you can just ban it against DDD! Still, I'm open to the possibility of banning more stages, I want to wait and see what others say, though if having these stages will REALLY keep people from coming then I may have to ban them.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
If this was going to be a small tournament, I wouldn't mind the stages, but it's not. A lot of OoSers are planning to come to this. You got KS/IA/WI/MN/IL/KY planning on attending. Imagine how crappy it'd feel to travel however many hours and to be knocked out due to a car on Aero Port (which shouldn't be there in the first place because big tourneys don't allow dumb stages except MWCE).

Nicole

Smash Champion
Andrew, you should maybe ban Port Town and keep Pipes. A compromise might be helpful here, instead of one side saying "We don't want gay stages" and the other saying "These stages are perfectly legal." Since most people are taking LOTS of hours to drive to this tournament, I think you could maybe concede and ban the more hazardous stage.

edit: NeoMagic took the words right outta my mouth.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
well kentucky may not be able to make it out to this after all.... =(

seems this is a bit farther than i remember it to be >.>
had thought it was only four hours, but it's seven apparently.

sucks, since this'll probably be the closest MWC:W event to us

Cook

Smash Master
well kentucky may not be able to make it out to this after all.... =(

seems this is a bit farther than i remember it to be >.>
had thought it was only four hours, but it's seven apparently.

sucks, since this'll probably be the closest MWC:W event to us
Ah, come on, seven hours isn't that bad at all! We have to drive that far to go to events in our own circuits!

On a separate note, I'm banning Port Town and Pipes. Sorry Razor!

Nicole

Smash Champion
I think it's about 7 hours from Wichita and they're coming! Don't back out on us now, we've got so many OoS'rs (did I get that right?) showing up, it'll be very worth it for you guys.

Plus...ROLLERSKATING!!!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i'm all up for going actually lol

i'll just have a hard time convincing crash to want to drive all the way out :x

Nicole

Smash Champion
So...I counted the people that are coming. And then I counted the setups we're getting.

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that the number of people is 7x greater than the number of setups. And that SEEMS like a slight problem. So you should write something in big letters like "we need setups" or "if you're super cool you'll bring a setup" somewhere around the area of this thread.

Cook

Smash Master
So...I counted the people that are coming. And then I counted the setups we're getting.

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that the number of people is 7x greater than the number of setups. And that SEEMS like a slight problem. So you should write something in big letters like "we need setups" or "if you're super cool you'll bring a setup" somewhere around the area of this thread.
WE NEED SETUPS!

Am I doing it right?

Seriously, though, we've got a month. More people will pledge closer to the actual date.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i can bring a tv and a wii, so count another one in. only rule is that you can't play metaknight on my wii cuz he must remain last in K.O.s

Top Bottom