• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JULIA GILLARD CONFIRMED FOR PM - lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its true, I happen to know that secret and I suppose now that its come to this I can reveal it without worry.

kevin rudd is giving up his seat to the true king and ruler of australia, dekar.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I support luke's claim.
All politicians annoy me.
"Oh I will save the world"
Ugh.
Get a realist in power.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I don't recall any PM saying they'd save the world.

Pretty sure they understand just how real it gets aswell considering they run a country.

In any case, get Howard back etc.

unreon

Smash Ace
I support luke's claim.
All politicians annoy me.
"Oh I will save the world"
Ugh.
Get a realist in power.
"The environment is ****ed, the children are ****ed, our health system is ****ed, money is ****ed, your jobs are ****ed, we have no clue how to fix it"

Sounds like a great slogan to make your campaign around.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
It's better than "Oh I'll do this that and the other" and never do it.
Campaigns have always annoyed me, though.
Political ads around election times, ugh. "Omg this guy is so evil from what he said 6 years ago in an Interview".

THEY'RE ALL STUPID.
But I agree with Sieg, I think Howard did a better job, which is odd because I didn't like him much either.
But I don't really like anyone I don't know, so yeah. Rant rant blah blah.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The thing is, if he's not, then who? Gillard's said repeatedly and as recent as today that she doesn't want the job, so who else would it be?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Ugh, Gillard, her voice is more annoying than mine.
I don't know why I'm posting here.
Politics annoy me, and I clearly have no idea of what I'm talking about.
BUT! Tony Abbott, hahah, just...no.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
not much choice... ide rather rudd... surely he is getting better at the job... also its a pain to constantly change..
but screw it if i have to vote for gilard.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Gillard would be a horrible pm, and Abbot would be infinitely better, even though its Abbot. That's how bad she'd be.

EDIT: Also, yeah, Howard was a god tier leader. He improved the economy, saved up tons of reserve funds, only for Rudd to blow it on a faulty scheme in an attempt to revitalize the economy in a way that would only work if people weren't scared of spending.

Toby.

Smash Master
Times like these make me question whether people actually have even the vaguest understanding of the economic factors that influenced the past 15 years.

It sucks how almost everyone parrots the opinions of their parents without knowing anything past "derp derp howard saved lots of money" or "derp derp liberals cause cancer".

Bleeeeeh.

Too many people take the oversimplified hype of their favorite party/newspaper/family member without really bothering to learn about any of it. Case in point: the mining super tax.

OH WELL

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I'd pick anyone but Abbot, anything is better then him spending his time trying to enforce his own religious values and beliefs onto others

Sieg

Smash Champion
GST.

It takes a real man to implement it and see it through to a benefit for the country.

A real man with AMAZINGLY BUSHY EYEBROWS.

And balls of steel.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Times like these make me question whether people actually have even the vaguest understanding of the economic factors that influenced the past 15 years.

It sucks how almost everyone parrots the opinions of their parents without knowing anything past "derp derp howard saved lots of money" or "derp derp liberals cause cancer".

Bleeeeeh.

Too many people take the oversimplified hype of their favorite party/newspaper/family member without really bothering to learn about any of it. Case in point: the mining super tax.

OH WELL
This is essentially why I don't vote. I consider myself so horrendously uninformed that any decision I make has almost no point, and I don't want to be a puppet for someone else's opinion that is in all probability only marginally more informed than mine.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure how I feel about Rudd vs. Gillard. Rudd's social policies are too conservative for my taste, so Gillard might be a positive change.

Abbott is terrible.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Fark, as long as Abbott is not elected I will be happy. Also John Howard was the new Stalin, George Bush himself said so.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
It was more to do with the fact that Bush (and the general public of both America and Australia) , had such a poor understanding and knowledge of world history that George Bush could call John Howard the Man of Steel.

Top Bottom