• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JULIA GILLARD CONFIRMED FOR PM - lol

megapup

Smash Apprentice
I didnt say we need to do more. I said they bring it on themselves by chosing to live in places where they have little access to anything the government has setup, and the government spends money in incorrect ways to compensate.

The fact remains that because of where they chose to live and HOW they chose to live, they ARE disadvantaging themselves as far as good food, health and water supplies goes. As a result, the majority of aboriginals receive a much smaller % of annual health budget than white people but that's because white people are positioned better to take advantage of the public health options AND they voluntarily chose to take advantage of these benefits.

The correct way to help the aboriginals is not give people that are 1/35th aboriginal guaranteed access to university or other crap, the correct way to help them is to educate them to fit in to society normally.
but you cant be 1/35th aboriginal

relevant, i know lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so this one time some abo threw half a brick at my head, with means they are all evil *******s, trust me I know, one of them threw half a brick at me, I have strong opinions because I've researched this from every possible angle and I know exactly what I'm talking about.
did I mention one of them threw a brick (excuse me, half a brick) at me, what more proof do you need?
btw I'm not racist.
scoot, I really cannot comprehend how you are so stupid, the more I think about it, the more your stupidity hurts me.

but it makes sense, such strong commpelling opinions and arguements are something you should hold on to, dont change your wondeful opinion no matter what anyone says or does.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
new zealand people are inferior to the rest of the world, also I'm not racist!
get at me.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
You're an idiot.
If this was directed at Technodeath then I agree wholeheartedly.

Also climate change what a joke. A few years ago I was somewhat interested in the topic, however over time it became increasingly obvious that no one was going to do anything. The world is going to hell and we're all on board for the ride, should be fun.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Luke, all you did there was twist my words and completely change the quote. omg you're so smart!

i gave one example that's influenced my opinion. not all of them .

Zero

Smash Hero
Technodeath, if you're actually racist and not being facetious about the nature of this thread, there's nothing you can be but an idiot.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I'm not interested in her being the first woman, or athiest for prime minister.
I'm concerned about her having red hair. Before we know it the gingers will rise up under their new leader and take over the country and then the world. IMO we should build up our defenses soon. Launch a false sun into the sky so they can never leave the shade of their homes!
Also I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally you guys you should try it sometime.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
luckily redheads make up less then 1% of the worlds population, and the redhead gene is recessive and is dying out, your sun plans are already working!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Racists and general discrimination & judgements on how people live are things that irk me.
Is it that hard, really, to just accept people without dumb premature opinions based on some minor, utterly inconsequential crap?
Seriously.
And yes I know some dumb**** will say "well maybe you should accept racists/discrimination, as you hating on their likes/dislikes is no difference", to those of you, eat dog ****, it's nowhere near the same.

****ing get over trival crap and deal with how people act towards YOU, not on their skin colour/features or preferences.
I didn't read half the topic, but that's my opinion on what I assume it's been about.

Oh and Julia Gillards voice.
:(

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
The unfortunately politically safe stance. Advocates for gay rights sure won't find help in Abbott.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Sigh I knew we couldn't trust a ranga to look after australia, she's also against gay marriage..

Oh well least that 900 sandwhich workers reward thing should be tasty.

In all seriousness though what does every politician have against gay marriage..

unreon

Smash Ace
I hope hope hope hope hope it's just to please the Christian/Catholic voters. There's really no other explanation - she's completely secular afterall, and has no reason to be a bigoted witch.

I just wish someone would come out and say just how absurd the whole thing is, and call out any opposition of equal marriage as being intolerant dimwits. Which would be appropriate.

EDIT: What is the history of the running ranga gags? Somebody clue me in lol.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I hope hope hope hope hope it's just to please the Christian/Catholic voters. There's really no other explanation - she's completely secular afterall, and has no reason to be a bigoted witch.

I just wish someone would come out and say just how absurd the whole thing is, and call out any opposition of equal marriage as being intolerant dimwits. Which would be appropriate.

EDIT: What is the history of the running ranga gags? Somebody clue me in lol.
Just call up the whole whatserface US pageant scandal and start running it against her. Lol.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
its not like gays cant have the same legal rights as an marriage.
they are fighting over the word marriage. something like union, parring, partnership, partners is fine.
it is different from a marriage.. its 2 same sex people. should be called something else. is it sexist no.
the rights are the same, is just a way to condense information. the gay haters will still hate.

government fights cause 64% are christian. and oppose it.
as a christian, they tell me its wrong but i dont think so alot of young christians feel the same way.. so my solution pleases me and the church... -.-

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Why should the Christian image of marriage be forced upon others? The concept certainly doesn't belong to Christianity. Various religions make it a religious thing as they make their own versions of it, but they don't own it. Atheists and agnostics marry. Marriage is a public institution, something recognized by all of society, and that's an important reason why people care about gay marriage over simply "recognizing civil unions" or whatever cop-outs people argue to be adequate. Saying generic official partnership is okay but marriage isn't is just a way of saying a homosexual relationship can't have all the same meaning as a heterosexual one, and simply put, that's bull****. All the significance of the marriage ceremony and the implications for the lives of the participants are not at all compromised whatsoever if both participants are of the same sex.

Why should you even care if homosexuals want to call their unions a marriage? It doesn't even affect you, but to some of them, it means a lot.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Exactly what Atticus said, I agree with.
I personally don't want to get married, but people that want to should be given the right.
Gillard is most likely, as suggested, playing for (some) religious votes.
Again though, if two other people wanna do something in mutual agreement (reasonable of course), they should have the option.

Sooooooooo many people care too much about what others do. :/

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
same goes for gays. they want to be reconized and accepted. it really doesn't impact the love of the situation.

its not really a cop out. if it gives the same rights as a marriage. you can even have your own cermony. I think it would be the same predice upon it because of haters and the victums would be thinking they aren't respected.

the only added thing that marriage has is the fact that its the start of a family unit and the prospect and welfare of the child is reconized, gays cant really have childern (they can adopt though =D). church thinks its a slippery slope, and they do care about how people live, because it creates a culture. church is afraid of change, they will lose power imo.

bottom line. i think gays cant have the same as straight relationship but its not a bad thing. they should be respected equally and treated accordingly. A+B =/= B+B but who is to say which is better.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
nope its an unending battle based on opinions.
post something more helpful toby =P

A+B = B+B then A=B..
ide also agrue that men and women rights are not the same. but they are also both being balanced, impossible to do because of the differences but do your best. people are different but as a general rule should be treated equally it cant always be that way though.

did some research about the rights of these "unions" I say they should get more rights. its not quite equal to marriage.

unreon

Smash Ace
Civil unions are not equal to marriage people. Please stop saying things that you don't know to be true.

http://www.law.yale.edu/news/2432.htm

Arrow, curious question:
they are fighting over the word marriage.

government fights cause 64% are christian. and oppose it.
as a christian, they tell me its wrong but i dont think so alot of young christians feel the same way.. so my solution pleases me and the church... -.-
1. No, it's the church that is fighting over the word marriage. As Atticus said, churches do not have a monopoly on marriage, and nor did it begin with religious rites and practices. Marriage began much, much earlier than any concept of Christianity. The church is trying to claim ownership of an idea when it belongs to the entirety of society.

2. If you think they should be given the same rights, and your church says otherwise, what is making the younger generation think a little bit differently? Could it be...a sense of ethics and responsibilty that is independent of doctrine? Do you foresee gay rights going along the lines of suffrage and slavery - both of which were historically sanctioned by doctrine in the past?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah i know unreon i edited my post earlier ^ syaing that they aren't the same but should be. rights wise.

its not just the church i can see how you can fight over it if you believe its different.

well if we are going history wise.. i think male and female were first to produce offspring and get married... yes it doesn't belong to the church. the church is just a part of society and gets an equal say.

well these young people didn't really understood the meaning of the church meaning of marriage. btw church doesn't really have a problem with suffering leads to growth and enlightenment...

i guess christians can just have a "christian marriage"... but their would be predudice against "marriages"

the main part about love being the main ingrediant to a marriage is what the younger genration think. the church also has no problem with 2 gays loving each other.

in the end someone is forcing thier believe on others subtle... but you dont need a title to love someone.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
Arrow, I can't really add much because most of your replies seem to have completely missed the point of my original post. I would like to mention that the fact that gays can't make babies is laughably irrelevant. Should we stop infertile couples from marrying too? There is no reason a loving gay couple can't provide just as good an upbringing for an adopted child as a hetero couple.

This is the great civil rights movement of our generation. It's never an easily won battle - sexism and racism remain major issues in today's society, as evident by posts I've seen on this very forum - but progress has been made for gay rights in our time, and with more time I think gay marriage is inevitable. The church can hinder it, but they can't stop it. It's only a question of how long society makes gays wait for the rights they deserve.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Its funny how in an age of tolerance and political correctness. Denying a racially different person than yourself a job based on skin colour is seen as Racist, but denying someone marriage based on sexual orientation is ok.

What next? Infertile people can't have marriage?

Edit: Inb4 ignorant, discriminatory opinions.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i got your point its not the churchs place. its the public.
church is part of public...just giving their opinion. mine is different.

i agree about the gay parents. its not natural though. so under it should be called something else.
the difference between discrimination and classification is rights. all i am saying is that it should be classified differently is that so wrong? i agree there is equal love. and the term should reflect that.

say i had a pair of scissors that happened to be the colour red. ide call them red scissors.. not scissors because that loses information. the sentance doesn't say that red scissors are better than blue scissors. they can be in some situations though. differences are different so you classify them as it is. btw i love both blue and red scissors.

yes i believe its inevitable aswell. even after its passed the church has made it clear to me that they will still complain about it. maybe over time they will get usta it.

Top Bottom