• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Can we have a Smashfest on Friday or Saturday please? <3

I know everybody's sick of Peach but... what prevents more people from playing her? Is it simply because there are better characters that are easier to use?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I feel like BC Brawl is still going pretty strong despite our numbers. We're all improving loads! :peach:

We should play on a day the new people can make. :)

:phone:

| Big D |

Smash Master
So on the way to my road test someone backed into me in an ally way. My Dad assures me they are to blame but it really ****ed with my mind during the test, felt like I was going to puke the whole time and failed.

Reason was I often stopped before making turns, nothing dangerous.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't worry the N test is much harder than the Class 5 test unless you were in North Vancouver or Maple Ridge. Just know what you did wrong and learn from it.

I also failed my first N test but don't let t get you down. I would suggest phoning in once every few says to see if you can get an earlier time slot to be examined in.

You got this :)

Arcansi

Smash Champion
So on the way to my road test someone backed into me in an ally way. My Dad assures me they are to blame but it really ****ed with my mind during the test, felt like I was going to puke the whole time and failed.

Try not to blame anything but yourself for these things. It quite often does more harm than good.

But it's not like there's a big penalty for these things, so you're fine.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Whadya mean maple ridge has easy n tests

I had a dream where I got the 30 thousandth post and rob was lurking for it to make his big comeback with the hi guys thing but I still got it

| Big D |

Smash Master
So I just found out I'm not working this weekend meaning I can do anything whenever.

Been playing mostly PM, probably will get back into Brawl once December ends.

Edit: I was already stopped and she backed into me, I kinda froze and my Dad took control after that.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Jake can I trouble you to ask the new people if they can come on either Friday or Saturday? Thanks! :peach:

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
definitely dying lol
Shouldn't say that if the new players read this .-.

Dammnn that sucks .-. Don't let it pressure you (: That reason is only a small thing that I'm sure you'll forget about next time (stopping before turns)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Jake can I trouble you to ask the new people if they can come on either Friday or Saturday? Thanks! :peach:
Dawson got it. Thanks!

On another note, my last exam is on Wednesday and I fly out to Nova Scotia on Friday. Does anybody want to go for dinner or something on Thursday? It would be nice to hang out with some of you again before I go (especially Mike, who won't be here when I come back ;-; )

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks! And sorry I can't do anything till Friday afternoon :(

To Dawson's credit, the roads in his area are really busy and not an ideal area to get examined. Maple Ridge in comparison has smaller, more manageable roads. Coquitlam was definitely one of the most difficult because the routes were hell if you didn't know them. There are so many "hidden" signs and you're pretty much taken to places where you're not allowed to right turn on Red and you get cars passing/honking you. Luckily they moved to Port Coquitlam now. I imagine Port Coquitlam is rather easy as well. It's like a ghost town here.

First time I failed, it was due to dangerous driving by driving too slowly, watching my mirrors too often, and pausing too long at stop signs. My Class 5 was near flawless with just one demerit. Class 5 is extremely easy and I didn't even need to do anything aside from driving on the highway and reverse park at the end. Now I wonder what would have happened if I had to parallel park...

Jason!

Smash Lord
Soo I was browsing posts of various users on this thread and Brandon's post led me into the Wolf social and the first thing I see after Brandon's post is

Sinister, I saw you get triple-rested in P:M. That was shameful, and while using Lucas too :urg:
I had the biggest ****ing smile on my face for at least 10 minutes.

Top Bottom