• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The Wii is heavy and I don't want to damage it. Also, I hate setting it up all the time.

I'm frail and weak. If somebody else brings a Wii, then that's another story.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Ok so I did some digging and in a way I wish I hadn't but here goes.

Let me start off by asking are the Ice Climbers siblings, lovers, or just really good friends?

Nobody really knows for sure, and Nintendo's official statement on it has been it is up to our interpretation.

In the smash series however, there have been two instances suggesting what Sakurai's interpretation of their relationship is.

As you can see from this picture, they share many physical attributes, not to mention they sound a like (same voice actor), it wouldn't be out of the question to think that they are twins on first glance.

During Snake's codec call with Meiling, things get interesting.

Snake: So those two are the Ice Climbers, huh?
Mei Ling: Snake, have you ever heard of a "blood bond"?
Snake: Sure.
Mei Ling: It refers to a bond between two people that's so strong they'd die for each other. The Ice Climbers have conquered frozen glaciers and dangerous mountaintops together. I think they've formed a bond that we can't even fathom.
Snake: I dunno. Seems to me they'd get in each other's way fighting to see who gets to the top first.
Mei Ling: Snake, in China they say, "Though brothers may quarrel at home, outside they defend each other from slight."
Snake: Is that really a Chinese proverb?
Mei Ling: Even though they may get in each other's way occasionally, they'll pull together in times of need. They're an inseparable team, Snake. Don't underestimate them!
Source

This proverb is typically used to describe family members. Just based on this it would seem Sakurai's interpretation is that they are siblings, and it makes sense.

However it doesn't stop there.

While there have been numerous hints that they are siblings, there is one piece of media that doesn't just hint, it exclaims that they are lovers.

This shot is seen 1:17 seconds into the melee intro.

With that I don't know what to think, perhaps they are both siblings and lovers?

Technically we are all related and this was a common thing in the past. I'd recommend watching this video for more information

[12/4/2012 2:48:31 AM] CoF DeLux: maybe
[12/4/2012 2:48:37 AM] CoF DeLux: they are both lovers and siblings
[12/4/2012 2:48:46 AM] CoF DeLux: which would explain why they are ********

Acute.Anthrax

Smash Cadet
What 'lovers' give each other high-fives? Pretty sure they'd hop behind that fence and do the deed if it was true. Seems more like a typical 'this is cute so we're adding a heart' anime style thing.

Plus they are clearly twins. Nothing other than the outfit seems to state that one is even a girl... Their voices are fairly similar and everyone knows parents dress their kids in the exact same outfits, sometimes just in different colors.

T-block

B2B TST
other than the heart, there's really nothing that screams erotic love

even the heart could represent familial love

they don't even look into each other's eyes or anything

| Big D |

Smash Master
other than the heart, there's really nothing that screams erotic love

even the heart could represent familial love

they don't even look into each other's eyes or anything
I want you to look hard, really hard at the gif. (Their white pupils)

The heart is everything, don't write off the heart.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I personally think they're unrelated lovers. Look at China. Pick any two people from there and you could argue that they were siblings.

SKidd

Smash Master
I just read all the Reika stuff from when I was gone

God damn

you guys are ****ing idiots lmfaooo

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah that was a really stupid thing to do.

Somebody should see when the next time the new players are available to play. This includes AA and KKOrange&Co.. I doubt Yonder will come. One of those people who struggle to say no when it is totally fine.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
KKO is busy with school and he plays a bunch of Dota2 atm. Also, let's not bring that whole thing up again, haha.

So who's down for Saturdaze? :O

@sniper
Probably won't be another Brawl monthly until next year.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah that was a really stupid thing to do.

Somebody should see when the next time the new players are available to play. This includes AA and KKOrange&Co.. I doubt Yonder will come. One of those people who struggle to say no when it is totally fine.
The guys on the FB group said they'd be free next week.

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Real talk they were holding hands.

Who would look at their hands when they high five, unless they were trying to avoid awkward eye contact... I sense chemistry.

Captain L

Smash Champion
hey so I work like the next 69 saturdays in a row but also I'm done school pretty soon!

Wednesdaze pls

Top Bottom