• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well then Melee players should play Brawl more. It's not that bad a game. The hate is really undeserved and the attitude from the Melee players is makes me think twice about their game and community. Last tournament, one of the "special guests" was obnoxious to extremes and I just made it a point to keep my distance from him.

Super respect for the Melee players that play Brawl competitively as well. Even more so for those that stuck with their character.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I don't think anyone "should" play anything more if they don't enjoy playing it.

With that said I know a lot of people including Brandon who disliked PM at first but then got into it once they learned more.

I don't mind the occasional joke about Brawl but at a point it becomes hard to listen to. The last Brawl tourney had people on stream calling Brawl players ******** for playing Brawl.

T-block

B2B TST
Well then Melee players should play Brawl more. It's not that bad a game. The hate is really undeserved and the attitude from the Melee players is makes me think twice about their game and community. Last tournament, one of the "special guests" was obnoxious to extremes and I just made it a point to keep my distance from him.

Super respect for the Melee players that play Brawl competitively as well. Even more so for those that stuck with their character.
What is the point of this?

@Everyone: Unless you have something original and enlightening to contribute (hint: you don't), don't respond.

second edit: don't know why i didn't just double post :\
because i would END YOU

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
There needs to be a point? It's just conversation.

I'm not sure why there was a need to call my post pointless and not deserving of a response.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
What is the point of this?

@Everyone: Unless you have something original and enlightening to contribute (hint: you don't), don't respond.
This is not an attitude I have come to expect from you, but one I am very familiar with.

I question what makes you think this is acceptable in this thread.

Had I acted like this in the past, I probably wouldn't even be able to talk here any more.

You are aware of this, are you not?

T-block

B2B TST
is it actually good bryan?

had never heard of it until i just googled it

edit: @kev, @arcansi: The issue is specifically the Brawl vs Melee topic. It's overdone on these forums, and overdone even in this region. The avenue that would lead us down accomplishes nothing but a rehashing of old thoughts, and the inciting of unnecessary drama.

Asa

Smash Hero
its_an_okay_mo\/ie_8ut_I_ha\/e_fond_memories_of_watching_it_in_my_room_when_I_was_younger_cus_there_were_8oo8ies

:3

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
There needs to be a point? It's just conversation.

I'm not sure why there was a need to call my post pointless and not deserving of a response.
It's just that the topic has been beaten to death long ago. Most Melee players have hated Brawl for years, and generally, if asking them to respect it, let alone play it was going to make any difference, it would have done so years ago. People like myself and Mike, who have been in the community for a long time, see these kinds of posts as nothing more than an exercise in futility.

Edit to point out that I got ninja'd by an edit.

:005:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
edit: @kev, @arcansi: The issue is specifically the Brawl vs Melee topic. It's overdone on these forums, and overdone even in this region. The avenue that would lead us down accomplishes nothing but a rehashing of old thoughts, and the inciting of unnecessary drama.
This is merely a problem with you and the people who think like you.

There is nothing that stops me from learning or accomplishing stuff in this topic, because I don't do things unnecessarily.(not the best way to explain this, but the best combination of words given context.)

So...

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Lol @ Kevin trying to start more drama and failing

The level of knowledge here is frustrating.

Like, you come to expect a certain amount from people, and then randomly this.

It's just that the topic has been beaten to death long ago. Most Melee players have hated Brawl for years, and generally, if asking them to respect it, let alone play it was going to make any difference, it would have done so years ago. People like myself and Mike, who have been in the community for a long time, see these kinds of posts as nothing more than an exercise in futility.

Edit to point out that I got ninja'd by an edit.

This makes much more sense. I still can't see the sense in stopping a topic before it has reached the point of being bad, but that's probably just me and being 'logical' or something.

EDIT: This thread being live is kinda annoying. Also, probably not getting a response to this.

T-block

B2B TST
This is merely a problem with you and the people who think like you.

There is nothing that stops me from learning or accomplishing stuff in this topic, because I don't do things unnecessarily.(not the best way to explain this, but the best combination of words given context.)

So...
it comes down to this:
-different players value various aspects of a game differently

that's the only conclusion that logic can extract from such a discussion

i cite experience as my source

Lol @ Kevin trying to start more drama and failing
and then we completely missed the meaning of wanting to avoid unnecessary drama

Arcansi

Smash Champion
it comes down to this:
-different players value various aspects of a game differently

that's the only conclusion that logic can extract from such a discussion

i cite experience as my source
If it came down to this, would not melee-bashing to the extent that there is brawl-bashing be a thing?

Or have we seen melee-bashing on our streams?

and then we completely missed the meaning of wanting to avoid unnecessary drama
Not necessarily bad

When you've seen this topic as often as some of us have, you tend to know how it's gonna end before it gets there.

Your predictions are not perfect, espicially when a topic is new.

There are many paths this particular one could have taken. And in theory, I was bringing it down a different one.

T-block

B2B TST
i fully admit to being a jerk

but real talk, i thought you would be able to infer the reason, since this isn't the first time if my memory serves. my bad.

Arcansi

Smash Champion

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Actually, I don't know much about this Brawl vs. Melee conflict or whatever. I just know about the apparant dislike for the game. That video is really dumb.

Also, I am actually rather dumb. I'm also not a mind reader. A sponge is a really good analogy. I soak in information, then after I've used it, it's all gone. I don't think very much nor do I even attempt to read people in Brawl.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I decided to watch an anime a few days ago, since it was recommended to me, even though I hate anime.
I think the name of is was Saikano. It was at least interesting, and kept me entertained. The characters were pretty outlandish, dumb, and silly though, but I think that's all anime. It was good for an anime 7/10

Jason!

Smash Lord
[7:21:03 PM] Ðãź.є ダズ тιõşє¢ø°·~*♫×: tblock infracted me
[7:21:04 PM] Ðãź.є ダズ тιõşє¢ø°·~*♫×: wtf
[7:21:57 PM] Ðãź.є ダズ тιõşє¢ø°·~*♫×: my infract virginity has been stained
[7:22:00 PM] Ðãź.є ダズ тιõşє¢ø°·~*♫×: my spotless account
[7:22:20 PM] J̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶ ♫: he poped dat cherry

Top Bottom