• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think we should tell the newcomers and ask which date they'd prefer, and have the fest on whichever date they would prefer.

I'd come on Friday, but not Sunday.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I wasn't even aware there were new people coming? Anyways, I just want the day that more people can make it to. So what'll it be? Friday, or Sunday?

I think it could be important to note that the store will close at 10pm on Friday.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm okay with the hours. I think the new players should take precedence but that's just me.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
But seriously, somebody needs to tell them because I don't want them to come on Saturday only to be ditched by the rest of us.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
As of now, I have a pretty decent shot at getting a job with BC ferries. If that happens, then I can probably come to everything at all times, ever. lol

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I'm thinking Sunday is a better day since some people have school on Friday, and I have plans scheduled for Friday anyway lol

I don't know who the new people are, Kevin, so if you know them then please inform them.

Sundaze, anyone?

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
You should totally get me like a BC ferries coupon or something so I can come down someday

I mean GOD DAMN that thing costs an asston of money.
I'm not sure what kind of benefits are gonna come with it yet. So far I just know that I will be able to ride for free and get free food on-board. Probably other neat secret things.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
K, SinisterB and Starwaffle can't make it on Friday, and I kind've have plans on Friday as well, so the fest will be moved to Sunday.

I'll be there around 2~3ish. See you guys there! ^ - ^

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
O**** BC ferries! Maybe you can get Blue_Yoshi a deal as well. Maybe .-.

Idk my grandpa works for BC Transit and he only gets him + his wife for free.

Either way, It'll be great if you get the job.

Also can't do it at my house this week because I'm not there, and it's messy.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Not too sure about the BC Ferries job. I've been hearing because they are cutting costs, many lower level workers are not being scheduled for work and as a result, workers end up looking for a second job. On the other hand, working for BC Transit is great. They pay a lot and they cover their costs by imposing additional carbon taxes, increasing property taxes, and increasing fares. To the typical person though, Translink is pretty awful.

Random bit of information. Translink is building the new Evergreen line and can't afford it. They are increasing fares because of this and not because of inflation like they advertise. They are also trying to increase our property taxes for the umpteenth time and municipal mayors are actually protesting this for once. >_>

I don't use Facebook anymore so somebody else will need to let the new players know. Let's do Friday :)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Random bit of information. Translink is building the new Evergreen line and can't afford it. They are increasing fares because of this and not because of inflation like they advertise. They are also trying to increase our property taxes for the umpteenth time and municipal mayors are actually protesting this for once. >_>
I thought it was common knowledge that Translink is increasing fares (and cracking down on fare enforcement) to support Evergreen Line construction...

:005:

Captain L

Smash Champion
I'm more thinking about thread post count and how there'd be a sudden spike in activity leading up to the 10000th post or whatever

that said I'm getting 30k

Top Bottom