• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Captain L

Smash Champion
Lol sure I can get like 50 if I try.

Also if anyone was confused I don't play jiggs intending to replace pika, it's so I can try to get a better perspective

:phone:

| Big D |

Smash Master
3 Ice climbers - Love trash talking, want to reach the top and base match ups a lot off their own personal matches.

5 Snake mains tend to have quick reflexes. They have a habit of choosing unnecessary options to be fancy and stir up the crowd.

9 Wario- They tend to have clown personalities and rust slower then any other main. They can take breaks for months at a time and barely change.

12 DDD mains are a sad bunch of players. When they win they think nothing of it, but if they lose they take it heart.

Only things I would disagree with is trash talking and think nothing of wins, although it depends on the mu.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Mail me some of that **** or something dude. I eat like 3 slurpees a week minimum.

Yo arcansi I might be in super emo mode now but I'd still take any mm with you
9 months until you can experience true camping, sir.

18 Pit -Never happy because they feel they are always in the shadow of another player in their regions.

I don't believe at all.

EDIT: I guess it's half true, I'll probably never be happy with my standings. But that's got nothing to do with you people.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Ahaha I loved the pikachu one. And yoshi

Lots of people have been getting into PM, didn't it have like more entrants than brawl?

:phone:

| Big D |

Smash Master
It was a pretty bad meme not gonna lie. I really wanted to use "You merely adopted the nado, I was born in it" when Luke was here but I kinda got wrecked by nado so...

All I meant by it was Landon is phenomenal at spacing and execution, and that vid was just an example of how safe he can be. Plus ya know 7 minutes 7%.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
If Landon chose MK against Dawson's ICs he'd have it IMO. Just needs to level up his MK.
A lot.

Guys I made it pretty clear in one of my recent posts why jigglypuff. It's because she has so few and so simple options that it's really easy to think clearly. I mean, her ground game is trash except mixups and grabs, which just makes it a question of fair, nair, bair, or pound.

Ps my dad is 2 on the Canada wide PR for 711 managers
That's pretty impressive. =3

Also if anyone was confused I don't play jiggs intending to replace pika, it's so I can try to get a better perspective
As much as I hate Jiggs, that's kind of legit.

25 Yoshi-They all have a tendency to be socially awkward.
This is actually one of the worst ones there. It's not even accurate. =/

1 Meta-knight- They tend to take losses the hardest and feel the unwanted pressure of being role models.
Much better. A few of the descriptions for other secondaries kind of work for me too...

:005:

Jason!

Smash Lord
Anyone else planning on going to the smashfest on Saturday besides Daze, Starwaffle, Kantrip, Jason, Yakal, SinisterB, Dawson, and Rusty?

We could have a 5v5 P:M Crew Battle if we get 2 more c:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
From what I have heard, that description of Yoshi definitely fits one person. Also, maybe it has something to do with [badly] singing anime songs in the car and freaking out when the CD with said songs got "thrown out" the window.

I had one Slurpee in my life. I got brain freeze and I haven't had one since.

I guess the Zelda one kind of suits me. Maybe Fox somewhat fits and I'm still thinking about learning him. Not sure about Ike... considered playing him but completely forgot about him.

Are the newcomers definitely coming Saturday? May go depending on their attendance.

SKidd

Smash Master
19 ROB- They tend to be liberal and they are not afraid to stand for what they believe in.

10/10

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Anyone else planning on going to the smashfest on Saturday besides Daze, Starwaffle, Kantrip, Jason, Yakal, SinisterB, Dawson, and Rusty?

Confirmed for this week's Saturdaze fest:

Yakal
Rusty
Dazrin
SinisterB
Dawson
Starwaffle
Kantrip
Jason
maybe Skidd
+1 special guest (hypeeee)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden

Good way to try out the new PM Crew mode. Mitebcool.

14 Wolf mains hate admitting other wolf mains accomplishments are impressive, lone wolves to the end in singles, but if somebody trashes the character it is scary how quick it turns into a pack.

spot on

Jason!

Smash Lord
Wowowowowowowowoow P:M has a crew mode? That's godlike.

Also I feel that I should tell you that Dawson thought he should tell me that

[8:09:11 PM] Big D: I feel I should tell you
[8:09:18 PM] Big D: I chuckled in the shower
[8:09:22 PM] Big D: wanna know why?
[8:09:29 PM] Big D: Was thinking about deep regret

:troll:

Regretful Crew Battle lehgo.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
It was a pretty bad meme not gonna lie. I really wanted to use "You merely adopted the nado, I was born in it" when Luke was here but I kinda got wrecked by nado so...

All I meant by it was Landon is phenomenal at spacing and execution, and that vid was just an example of how safe he can be. Plus ya know 7 minutes 7%.
There's no way I can explain my point here.

I literally never try and use my full potential in everything but video games, and it shows.

Yet, due to a stupid series of events called my life, I've never been able to get anywhere with it yet.

But I've yet to find a group of people who, after being able to practice the game and play it with them for a while, and being dedicated to it, I couldn't beat.

I don't intend for this to be my first.

Jason!

Smash Lord
So I've been relying on Brawl smarts to play P:M, but it's getting to difficult to get regretful clips. Just downloaded P:M.. Will be ready for this saturdaze. :troll:

Captain L

Smash Champion
deap regret pls

also I won't try to deny this, my jiggs play on delfino took very minimal skill. It was just doing what came naturally, aka not approaching

can someone pay mike and I'll pay them back? I can post a picture of me holding 23$ if that makes you feel better

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's my fault. I didn't want to nag for money back only to be ignored and forgotten.

Also, I need Smashville songs please.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Wowowowowowowowoow P:M has a crew mode? That's godlike.

Also I feel that I should tell you that Dawson thought he should tell me that

[8:09:11 PM] Big D: I feel I should tell you
[8:09:18 PM] Big D: I chuckled in the shower
[8:09:22 PM] Big D: wanna know why?
[8:09:29 PM] Big D: Was thinking about deep regret

:troll:

Regretful Crew Battle lehgo.
You, sir, need to check my updates on smashmods.com more often ;)

Captain L

Smash Champion
oh wait I thought you were leaving this week

yeah I'll be there soon enough just not this weekend or next weekend but after that one I'm done finals so I can come like every day of the week!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I just watched your pika match vs Dawson, Landon. You played so much better than before, I didn't even realize. You'll notice that you only got grabbed because you made REALLY bad mistakes that are easily fixed. Dawson didn't trick you into a grab, or use a legit setup, you just let it happen. Your first gimp on him was beautiful, and I think if you incorporated more fsmash into your game you'd do much better.

Captain L

Smash Champion
that one time I dash grabbed him and he did a sick pivot grab that was pretty tricky but other than that yeah.

I've done similar gimps to that quite often

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think going for a grab there was a bad idea in general :/. I guess I wasn't in the game, but from an observer point of view I saw that pivot grab coming. It seemed really uncharacteristic of you to make a move like that considering how safe you play usually. I think playing as aggressive as you did that match is a big step in the right direction.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
No need to apologize, lol. The answer to that question is no. I've usually only kept it at one 2.5 setup just because I've never gone through the effort of making a second SD card with 2.5 on it. I guess it's also to decrease the risk of leaks.

However, with that being said, Starwaffle will be there and he is PMBR as well, so he could likely bring his 2.5 setup as well.

BUT YO--

Stronghold is having a charity event this Saturday and the whole place is pretty much booked as a private function for that day :( Our other option is to move over the fest to either Friday or Sunday. What do people think about this?

Top Bottom