• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Just letting you all know, there is a Victoria tournament (hosted by the smash club) on the 21st. Just saying if anyone is interested.

Link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128992540508879&ref=notif&notif_t=event_invite

If you don't have a facebook account, I don't think you are able to view that page, so here's the info:

Matt G said:
Okay, so here's the plan. I've officially graduated, and since I don't think I'll be living in Victoria anytime in the near future, I wanted to express my thanks towards the smash club and everyone else by hosting something huge. So here's the best I can practically come up with: 2 day extravaganza!

Both days start at noon (maybe sooner in order to fit more events), and will go till when the events are done. Registration for the ...first event will start at 1pm sharp.

Day 1 (the 21st) will be dedicated to smash games. I'm hosting 64, Melee, and Brawl singles for sure, doubles if time permits. I'm willing to replace Brawl singles with Project M or something else if there is more demand for that, or add it in, also if time permits. There will also be a Yomi event with enough interest (and I should hope that there is), since we don't need a TV for that and we can run that throughout the day if necessary.

Day 2 (the 22nd) will be dedicated to other fighting games. Guaranteed events will be MK9, SSF4, and MVC3. Time, interest (8+ people) and equipment permitting, I can host other events, too (Samurai Shodown V, Breakers Revenge, Melty Blood, Arcana Heart 3, mystery event?).

Also somewhere in the two days I'm looking to host a BBCS event. Given people's interests, It'll be on Day 1 unless I run out of time, in which case it'll be on the second day. If CS2 is out by then and we have enough people that have it, we'll use that.

Schedule highly subject to change, but here's what I got for now. If we're running short on time, we'll start another event as one finishes.

Day 1:
Brawl (registration at 1pm sharp, event starts at 1:30)
Melee (hopefully with registration starting at 4, event starting at 4:30)
64 (while having other events (BBCS, Yomi) going on at the same time, due to having fewer 64 setups)

Day 2:
MK9 (Registration at 1pm sharp, start at approximately 1:30)
MvC3 (hopefully with registration starting at 4, event starting at 4:30)
SSF4 (hopefully with registration starting at 7, event starting at 7:30)
other stuff

Here are the individual rules for each event:

General:
Pot split 50/25/15 for all events. The extra 10% goes to the TO and people that help organize and run the tournament.

All sets except finals are best of 3 games. In games that use rounds (eg SSF4, MK9), these games are best of 3 rounds. In all other games, they are considered one iteration of a fight between two teams or characters.

All finals (winner's, loser's, grand) are best of 5 games.

All singles events are $10 per person. All doubles events are $20 per team.

General smash:

Stage striking is used to pick the first stage. For all other stages, advanced slob picks are used (loser picks stage, winner picks char, loser picks char). You can't counterpick a stage you won on unless both players agree.

No items. Any character. All legal stages.

64:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295918
TLDR: 5 stock, stage selection/bans in thread.

Melee:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229
TLDR: 4 stock, stage selection/bans in thread.

Brawl:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032
TLDR: 3 stock, stage selection/bans in thread.

Fighting game rules:

No turbo or macros on your controllers outside of what the game allows (eg SSF4, the LP+MP+HP command is allowed).

After a game, the loser can change his or her character(s), but the winner cannot. However, both players may change their ultra in SSF4.

Other stuff:

Bring your own controllers, if possible. Arcade sticks are allowed, obviously. Smash 64 is an exception to this (but we won't stop you from bringing your own!).

If anyone has TVs and setups to bring, please do! We can probably get someone to pick it up on the way if you're reasonably close to the university.

It's my first time actually hosting an event, so if I'm being a bit too unrealistic (or wrong) with some things, let me know and I'll make changes.

Invite people! I can't invite people from two Facebook groups at once, so I'm inviting one (plus people I have on my friends list) and hoping people get the message.

But most importantly, GET HYPE!
The brawl ruleset may change though...

Maybe another reason to have the monthly tournament on the 28th? ;)

T-block

B2B TST
Yo Asa (and anyone else who might now be interested in Genesis 2 =o), a lot of details have been sorted out, so check the Social Group. Looks like a lot of them will be flying through Vancouver, so you may be able to work something out there.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Wtf deap is 19.

I'd go to that tourney BY but Victoria's a pain in the *** commute. sadface.

Genesis 2. hypehype.

Edit- WTF DEAP WE HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Well, at first I just so happened to be going to Cali around the time of Genesis so I figured I'd go. But now i'm thinking that if my plans fail, i'll go just for Genesis anyways. If there's a group of you going maybe I could go with you guys.

And BY, where would I get picked up from? Maybe I'll go. :upsidedown:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, depending on when you come (Friday, Saturday, and what time), I can either pick you up at a bus stop on Highway 17/McKenzie, or if I am not rushing to set up the tournament (slept in, procrastinated leaving), I can even pick you and others (if there are any) at the ferry. The bus from the Ferry to McKenzie is basically direct. Depending on which one you take, you may take a 5-10 minute detour into Sydney, but if I am not stressed for time, I can pick you up at the ferry.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
@Bloo Yoshi, as long as the bus after the ferry is simple I don't mind taking it, though meeting after the Ferry might make it a little easier for me, since I've only really been to Victoria a couple times (get@me). It's not really a big deal to me though as long as I know what to do. It's a ***** to get too but i'll probably end up coming. :upsidedown:

@Deap my birthday is better than your birthday

P.S. Jigglypuff sucks

:awesome:

SKidd

Smash Master
Sounds great. I'll see you here then :)

Anybody else wanting to join Sinister in coming to the Victoria tournament? I hear Max is willing to give "special favours" to those who come ;)
What do these special favors consist of?

Top Bottom