• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hi, I'm Kevin.

I've been playing this game on and off for a while, but all my friends that used to play this game with me have moved away so I'm stuck playing with the CPU or not at all. I stumbled onto this thread and lo and behold there's a place to play Brawl that's a 5-10 minute drive from where I live! I've never played this game competitively but I don't think I'm too bad of a player and I'm sure I have much to learn.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how long these meetings last on any given day. As much as I'd like stay the whole time, I have to work every Saturday at Richmond (looking for a second job also) but if there's even a few hours of playing to be had, I'd love to come and join.

Thanks!

By the way, Home Video is the place by the 7-Eleven and across from the RBC right? :o

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm Kevin.

I've been playing this game on and off for a while, but all my friends that used to play this game with me have moved away so I'm stuck playing with the CPU or not at all. I stumbled onto this thread and lo and behold there's a place to play Brawl that's a 5-10 minute drive from where I live! I've never played this game competitively but I don't think I'm too bad of a player and I'm sure I have much to learn.

Anyway, I'm just wondering how long these meetings last on any given day. As much as I'd like stay the whole time, I have to work every Saturday at Richmond (looking for a second job also) but if there's even a few hours of playing to be had, I'd love to come and join.

Thanks!

By the way, Home Video is the place by the 7-Eleven and across from the RBC right? :o
Welcome, and yes. It's near 7-Eleven and RBC. Uhh, these meetings usually take the whole day, lol. Like..start at 10 AM, end at 10 PM.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Welcome, and yes. It's near 7-Eleven and RBC. Uhh, these meetings usually take the whole day, lol. Like..start at 10 AM, end at 10 PM.
Oh wow, fast response.

I read that the Venue closes at 10pm, but I assumed that's when Home Video itself closes. In that case, I'm interested in joining. Is there anything I need to do beforehand, or is this like a drop-in?

I'm most likely not as good as you experienced players so it's pretty intimidating, haha.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey :)

The tournament sign-up happens officially at the venue, so you can just drop in anytime before we start, play some friendlies, and sign up there. Confirming in this thread also helps the TO know how many people to expect and set up the venue accordingly.

I'm new too and got my *** handed to me on both the occasions I came as well, so no worries.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
I can give you tips and stuff when and if you brawl me. Don't worry dude, the BC smash community is friendly (:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh okay, that sounds good. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it for the tournaments due to work but I start in "1-2 weeks" and the hours aren't confirmed.

Thanks for the kind welcome :D

Edit: @above Sure, I need all the pointers I can get although you might have your hands full since I'm a self-proclaimed "anti-bandwagon". :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha, no, but close. I've been playing Zelda since Melee and Sheik ever since I found out she wasn't that great on the tier list. I also play Ness occasionally since I used him most in Smash 64 but I'm not too great with him. :D

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah, I went to my first Tourney a little while ago. Everyone's pretty chill and you got nothin to worry about.

So the 21st it is I guess.

Btw BCake you still have my controller right?

Edit - And just to be clear, am I taking the bus or getting picked up, Bloo?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I can pick you up. Depending on what my family is doing that weekend, I may be able to host people at my place for the weekend, but that's only if my parents are out of the house.

Come on guys, the more people that come, the better :)

And just to be clear, the Victoria tournament is on the 21st. It has nothing to do with the monthly tournament which is happening on either the 21st or the 28th (very likely the 28th, since everyone's saying that day works better). So... just for clarification.

Asa

Smash Hero
Haha, no, but close. I've been playing Zelda since Melee and Sheik ever since I found out she wasn't that great on the tier list. I also play Ness occasionally since I used him most in Smash 64 but I'm not too great with him. :D
i used to main ness, i can help you out

srsly though use mk

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I agree with Bloo more people should go. o:

And don't listen to Asa MK sucks.

:awesome:

Asa

Smash Hero
yeah i lose to wolves, don't listen to me

is genesis still looking good to go, sinister? O:

Captain L

Smash Champion
Yessssss new player!

Blue Yoshi hold a Victoria tourney in the summer and I'll possibly go!

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Yeah, I went to my first Tourney a little while ago. Everyone's pretty chill and you got nothin to worry about.

So the 21st it is I guess.

Btw BCake you still have my controller right?

Edit - And just to be clear, am I taking the bus or getting picked up, Bloo?
yuppers, still have your controller

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'll host tournaments once I find out what my work schedule is. I wasn't able to host any during the year since I worked every Saturday/Sunday, or wasn't given enough notice.

Anybody else wanting to come to a Victoria tournament on the 21st? :)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Genesis is like the perfect date for my schedule Asa, so hypehypehypehype.

And BCake I'll have to grab it the next time I see you then.

More people should go to the Victoria tourney so i'm not all alone. Just sayin. :upsidedown:

Asa

Smash Hero
sinister (what's your first name btw)

you could probably stay with the rest of canada

Asa

Smash Hero
K, i'll call you brandon XD

anything longer than 2 syllables sounds odd

Asa

Smash Hero
also Brandon

i saw that you wanted some videos recorded

i can do that for you in the future as well :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I like this guy already :)

Don't worry, no matter what character you use, there is always someone who can give you pointers. Every character is used by at least two people in BC.
Sigh, talking about Smash 64 makes me feel old qq. Looking forward to meeting like-minded (non-existent) Zelda players :D

i used to main ness, i can help you out

srsly though use mk
Sounds good, although I'm not sure how much I actually like using the guy. I really just play him out of nostalgia :<

Woot, Canucks won the series against Nashville. No talk at all about them?:079: Better not be rooting for SJ Sharks :c

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Ignore the hater. He's just jealous because there's no such thing as ice in Hawaii, so he doesn't want to have anything to do with hockey. :embarrass:

I'm just glad the series is over TBH. Some of the goals Nashville were getting were just plain dumb, and the momentum they kept gaining from them made the games painful to watch. (especially game 5 >.>)

:005:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Sooooo that Alberta tourney, anyone going?

I'm up for a carpool if Breez wants to drive or something. Probably be hella fun :awesome:

btw Breez Killock told me to tell you to bring your **** gf too. :troll:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
And asa(bryan?) i'll defs give you a shout if I need some replays, would help me out a bunch since i'm a nub and can't record my own :upsidedown:

I think I have one of our matches recorded but idk if it's you, do you use Bloo oli?

Top Bottom