• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Drake12

Smash Ace
^I SAW THAT!

One of these days we'll figure out the Marth MU.

I didn't know you had a lucario.
Based off of what you saw does that count as a lucario? Haha, I was just enjoying him a felt comfortable giving him a go.

Like, if I roll I get dancing bladed. If I nair (which I can use as spacing against almost every character) I get DP'd, if I fair he fairs me back (his is better) gyro is hard to use due to horizontal movement. I have options (ftilt), I just suck at the MU :p

You better beat him and knock his ego down a bit. I expect it!

Dawson and I both saw it. I got a screen shot of it :p
That makes me laugh!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i saved that screen so hard

like you don't even know

Drake12

Smash Ace
I have an SD card with minus on it (that I'd wanna use too). All I want/need to do is put homebrew on my wii. I know I need to crash the wii, but thats all i know :p

| Big D |

Smash Master
You would probably need another SD card.

Unless you had like an 8GB one and then you could switch between code sets using riivolution.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Yeah, I would do that. I could download PM onto it or grab it from a frieend, but I still need homebrew on my wii xD I've looked it up before and have simply not followed how to do it.

Anywho, I'll look into it when I'm not dead tired (its 4:20 am on this side of the country)

Basil

Smash Apprentice
How does it keep an open mind?

All that path tells you is that you can't 100% know anything. This is only evidence for disproving other peoples things, not staying open minded about them.
Being able to accept new ideas that contradict deeply rooted beliefs is open-mindedness.
There is nothing wrong with not knowing things 100% of the time. We're probably at like 99.9% accuracy but if something were to contradict these findings, we shouldn't shun it just because it is different.

Keep an open mind. Watch Korra.

Another amazing episode :)
Yeah, I'm loving Korra right now! Re-watching ATLA too.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Very unlikely I'll show up next tournament. I will be in Campbell River the weekend before the tournament for Kyle's birthday party, and I don't know if my work would support me taking that weekend and the next weekend off back to back... not to mention one is expensive enough, both would be too much... And of the two, I'd prefer to go up to Campbell River.

And before Caiden or Dakota (or anyone else) asks, no, I won't be able to do other stuff that weekend. I will work the day before and the day after (only taking one day off), so I only have days off to hang out with Kyle for that weekend, so... yeah. Maybe another weekend I'm up there and I don't work the day before/after (i.e. when I have more free time).

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Being able to accept new ideas that contradict deeply rooted beliefs is open-mindedness.
There is nothing wrong with not knowing things 100% of the time. We're probably at like 99.9% accuracy but if something were to contradict these findings, we shouldn't shun it just because it is different.
You...missed the point completely.

The path that I was suggesting we don't go on is a series of facts that leads to the statement 'You can't know anything 100%'.

There's a general rule about things. If it applies to everything it's assumed and doesn't need to be noted unless directly gone against. And it's usually stupid hard to go against these types of things, e.g. if I say something has a 100% chance to happen, I can't ACTUALLY know that.

But, because that was assumed when the concept of 100% was created, it's already assumed and I'm fine.

That's why 'by that logic, that applies to everything' is a legitimate rebuttal.

And also why it's dumb to ever bring that path up, knowing the logical conclusion.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It seems illogical to not be a part of the Debate Hall. I'm sure your argumentative urges will be satisfied there.

Basil

Smash Apprentice
You...missed the point completely.

The path that I was suggesting we don't go on is a series of facts that leads to the statement 'You can't know anything 100%'.

There's a general rule about things. If it applies to everything it's assumed and doesn't need to be noted unless directly gone against. And it's usually stupid hard to go against these types of things, e.g. if I say something has a 100% chance to happen, I can't ACTUALLY know that.

But, because that was assumed when the concept of 100% was created, it's already assumed and I'm fine.

That's why 'by that logic, that applies to everything' is a legitimate rebuttal.

And also why it's dumb to ever bring that path up, knowing the logical conclusion.
I guess our conversation is going nowhere then.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
We did play P:M last time but attendance was low since some of us went for sushi when we could have had the event :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Arcansi, I assume (and hope) I mis-read your post, but this is what I got from it:

"Lets not discuss this because it may lead to a contradiction to what I believe or think".

Here is a bad analogy, but one I use very often to troll people (I don't use this specific example, I generally use whatever is related to the topic being discussed, but since this is a brawl group, I'll use this one):

"Jigglypuff is the best character in brawl. Ignoring everything that is wrong with that statement, that statement is 100% true."

I have just proven, using logic, that Jigglypuff is the best character in brawl. Obviously in this case, my logic is very flawed, but given what I said, it proves that Jigglypuff is the best character in brawl.

This is exactly what I see in your post (and, to be completely honest, I see this in some of your other posts as well). And you finish it off by saying (continuing with my analogy) "it's dumb to bring up the possibility that Jigglypuff is not the best character in brawl, knowing the logical conclusion".

edit due to lulz:

OMG IT'S DAZE!!! WHEN DID YOU GET BACK INTO BRAWL? HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVER!!!

-Looks at location...

Wait... when did you move to Vancouver?

-Views profile

Oh wait, nevermind, seems like you're a different Daze... oh well... :(

Though I feel like I've already gone through this once already... haha :p

T-block

B2B TST
actually that doesn't really apply to what arcansi is referring to

he's referring to the philosophical train of thought that our perception of "reality" is obtained through our senses, which may be inherently flawed, and since everything we know is ultimately built up from our perceptions of reality, we can't really know anything.

it's kinda like multiplying both sides of an equation by zero i guess... in that you end up losing information.... or something.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Which of the three smash games is it most similar to?

I am asking because, in my opinion, brawl minus is most similar to 64 of the three, and old brawl plus is most similar to 64 as well (it's now some random thing lol).

Arcansi

Smash Champion
It seems illogical to not be a part of the Debate Hall. I'm sure your argumentative urges will be satisfied there.
I have no urge to debate most of what is being debated in that place.

I would also have to undergo some sort of thing to actually get in, which I remember not liking when I read what it was.

I strongly recommend people get into PM, it's a lot of fun and can get very competitive.

Unless you're like me.

#BrawlSmart

I like how people listen to you, but when i was advocating THE SAME EXACT THING months ago nobody cared.

| Big D |

Smash Master
IMO it definitely feels like melee with some brawl aspects, like pivot grabbing and reverse aerial rushing.

You were advocating Bbrawl :p

Nobody liked bbrawl.

Top Bottom