• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
the best

:awesome:

it reminds me of the same thing on Corneria in Melee, oh man did not expect that at all

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thought this was pretty funny.

Creative Writing professor told his class one day: "Today we will experiment with a new form called the tandem story. The process is simple. Each person will pair off with the person sitting next to his or her desk.

As homework tonight, one of you will write the first paragraph of a short story. You will e-mail your partner that paragraph and send another copy to me. The partner will read the first paragraph and then add another paragraph to the story and send it back, also sending another copy to me. The first person will then add a third paragraph, and so on back-and-forth.

Remember to re-read what has been written each time in order to keep the story coherent. There is to be absolutely NO talking outside of the e-mails and anything you wish to say must be written in the e-mail. The story is over when both agree a conclusion has been reached."

The following was actually turned in by two of his English students:

Rebecca (PINK)
Bill (BLUE).

THE STORY:
(first paragraph by Rebecca)

At first, Laurie couldn't decide which kind of tea she wanted. The
chamomile, which used to be her favorite for lazy evenings at home, now reminded her too much of Carl, who once said, in happier times, that he liked chamomile. But she felt she must now, at all costs, keep her mind off Carl. His possessiveness was suffocating, and if she thought about him too much her asthma started acting up again. So chamomile was out of the
question.

(second paragraph by Bill )

Meanwhile, Advance Sergeant Carl Harris, leader of the attack squadron now in orbit over Skylon 4, had more important things to think about than the neuroses of an air-headed asthmatic bimbo named Laurie with whom he had spent one sweaty night over a year ago. "A.S. Harris to Geostation 17," he said into his transgalactic communicator. " Polar orbit established. No sign
of resistance so far..." But before he could sign off a bluish particle beam flashed out of nowhere and blasted a hole through his ship's cargo bay. The jolt from the direct hit sent him flying out of his seat and across the cockpit.

(Rebecca)

He bumped his head and died almost immediately, but not before he felt one last pang of regret for psychically brutalizing the one woman who had ever had feelings for him. Soon afterwards, Earth stopped its pointless hostilities towards the peaceful farmers of Skylon 4. "Congress Passes Law
Permanently Abolishing War and Space Travel," Laurie read in her newspaper one morning. The news simultaneously excited her and bored her. She stared out the window, dreaming of her youth, when the days had passed unhurriedly and carefree, with no newspaper to read, no television to distract her from
her sense of innocent wonder at all the beautiful things around her. "Why must one lose one's innocence to become a woman?" she pondered wistfully.

( Bill )

Little did she know, but she had less than 10 seconds to live. Thousands of miles above the city, the Anu'udrian mothership launched the first of its lithium fusion missiles. The dimwitted wimpy peaceniks who pushed the Unilateral Aerospace disarmament Treaty through the Congress had left Earth
a defenseless target for the hostile alien empires who were determined to destroy the human race. Within two hours after the passage of the treaty the Anu'udrian ships were on course for Earth, carrying enough firepower to pulverize the entire planet. With no one to stop them, they swiftly initiated their diabolical plan. The lithium fusion missile entered the
atmosphere unimpeded. The President, in his top-secret mobile submarine headquarters on the ocean floor off the coast of Guam, felt the inconceivably massive explosion, which vaporized even poor, stupid Laurie.

(Rebecca)

This is absurd. I refuse to continue this mockery of literature. My writing partner is a violent, chauvinistic semi-literate adolescent.

( Bill )

Yeah? Well, my writing partner is a self-centered tedious neurotic whose attempts at writing are the literary equivalent of Valium. " Oh, shall I have chamomile tea? Or shall I have some other sort of ****ING TEA??? Oh no, what am I to do? I'm such an air headed bimbo. I guess I've read too many Danielle
Steele novels!"

(Rebecca)

( Bill )

*****!

(Rebecca)

**** YOU - YOU NEANDERTHAL!!

( Bill )

In your dreams, Ho. Go drink some tea.

(TEACHER)
A+ - I really liked this one.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
10 years from now, books won't exist. There's going to be some random computer thing like Siri that's going to do all the work for us.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Speaking of tea

i need to satisfy my craving for Offline Smash

someone help me

Crisis

Smash Ace
how bout small smashfest at the venue tommorow? dunno if there's anything else happening there, or if melee ppl are playing. but it's free right?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
It's not my fault that most people simply can't see where I'm coming from because they don't want too.

But I end up as a pariah anyway.

Everyone says certain people lived before their time.

I wonder if this is the same with me.

I see the world in a different way then most people, and when I talk comparing mine and their views, I always seem to end up with an undisputed idea that my view is logically better then theirs. And I feel bad, but I can't deny it.

But I won't know until the community smartens up and understands what I can without trying.

:fluttershy: /Nobodieslisteningorcaresbecausesmalltalkmattersright...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Omg I love the People's Court. How is the show still on TV after all these years?

I prefer Judge Judy though, because she's such a ***** to everybody.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Dunno about Law and Order. CSI blows it out of the water but when I'm in the mood I'll watch Law and Order: SVU.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
arcansi what specifically are you referring to right now?
I see everything literally and objectively.

I am fundamentally unable to understand art as far as I can tell, and to an extent music.

Yet I am able to have a presentation 'miss' me because (it was on suicide FYI) I can come to a simple conclusion (suicide=part of natural selection=good. Why do we want to understand it when it's intrinsic within the person? I compare this to me not needing to understand your reason to do almost anything unless it directly affects me.)
and not have it dispelled at the end of the presentation when I bring it up.

I mean, I thought they would able to be expand, tell me I'm wrong because of this or something, they're(they referring to both the person presenting the presentation and my psych teacher(a counselor)) adults and way more knowledgeable in this kind of stuff, right?

Yet when I bring it up they seem to absorb it and have no response to it. And then I bring up that a big part of the reason the presentation missed was because I don't feel sad when pets die or relatives get cancer, and all I get is my teacher asking if I've seen a doctor about that. I tell her no and she says something like 'interesting' and doesn't tell me if I should or not, so now I have no idea.

I find myself extremely different from the average person and yet as well as I can describe it I end up with the above where my possible conclusions(because they certainly didn't provide any information) are something like...

1. It was new material to them (How am I able to come up with new material for them? I mean, I'm just a high school student...)

2. They had no response to it, for some reason.

I can't think of much else....

I find things similar in essence to this happen more then they should, and other things like I can never know what's going to happen when I do something without previous experience. For most people they can ask themselves what it would be like for them (or some iteration of that type of question about themselves) and be right.

For me, I'm almost always wrong.

I'm also afraid of being outcasted because the smash community doesn't want to deal with me. I don't know how many people have me on ignore already, although that's something that actually makes me sad, illogical loss of potential. Most people seem to be unable to preform consistent logical reasoning, especially over longer periods of time, and end up coming to some weird conclusion (see: Aisights last post in my thread) and leaving the argument.

If everyone did this, I would be right (logically, if nobody can argue against me I am right.)

And although it matters more then you understand that I find out who is correct, it matters much less if nobody feels like listening to me because of this, because of me being who I am with no restraints.

And I don't want to be outcasted for being who I am.

Does that answer your question?

:fluttershy:

EDIT: We need to host a side event with the items brawl on. There are arguments for it being more balanced/better for the game when done correctly and I'd love to see it in testing/play it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It seems like your amygdala and/or cingulate cortex may not be functioning properly, who knows?

Last monthly, we had AllBrawl which is choosing random as our character, with all items on and all stages activated for random stage selection. It was fun, but it's clearly not viable since a scrub like me got 4th.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I don't know if courier was serious or not.

I'm slightly more scared now because I just got non permanently banned from my ventrilo server for what I can only describe as being myself.

It was noted that I was arguing too much and about too little things, I asked too many questions, etc.

I just got removed from an extremely close community for being myself.

:fluttershy:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I was actually serious, but don't let what I posted bother you because I'm sure there's a better explanation for your current situation. You like My Little Pony, which probably refutes what I said anyway. :p

But yeah nobody hates you, just keep in mind that people in this thread dislike arguing against you in general. (See the similarity!?)

Ventrilo is only good for karaoke nights and... MS boss runs.

Top Bottom