• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
not necessarily use bananas against him (althought that is a good idea rofl), it's simply dealing with bananas, being comfortable with them being around, keeping them away from diddy, etc.

a ledgedropped bair will kill a diddy trying to up-b
powershield nanners
idk how falco deals with diddy's side-b, but i'd avoid shielding excessively or you'll just get grabbed w/ it

Crisis

Smash Ace
yeah the mu is so annoying >>
what options do i have to pick up naners on the ground/on a platform?

also the usual jab/ftilt pressure doesn't work really well, and killing him is *** unless i get a gimp :glare:

Asa

Smash Hero
yeah the mu is so annoying >>
what options do i have to pick up naners on the ground/on a platform?

also the usual jab/ftilt pressure doesn't work really well, and killing him is *** unless i get a gimp :glare:
on the ground, you can
dacus
dash atk
walk up grab
dair, nair (i think?)
catch with z/r as you land (reallly helpful! you can't be afraid to land on nanners or diddy wins)

platform you can zcatch, instat throw, any of your aerials

jab pressure works good on him iirc, idk if diddy's dtilt outranges ftilt. alphie would know

T-block

B2B TST
air dodging onto a banana is like...the most important technique to be aware of when learning to deal with bananas. when i show people that they immediately become much much better at the matchup.

not sure how useful it is for falco, but dash > short hop > air dodge > instant throw is really smooth and pretty useful. you dash until just before you're going to trip, then short hop and air dodge immediately to pick up the banana, then cancel your air dodge with a throw. i'm pretty sure falco can fire a silent laser when he lands, so that might be a good option to keep in mind.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So yeah guys, got any advice for my Zelda vs. Diddy?

inb4usesomebodyelse

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I would but I'm going pure Zelda against you for seriouslies. After I'll bring out Sheik and Peach.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wait, this is for against me?

I thought you meant against good diddies.

Yeah against me just like throw out moves and stuff. Charge Ike's forward smash to kill, rack damage of kirby's rock thingy, and if you want a mix-up just start randomly jabbing.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah Zelda's pride is on the line! (If she has any...)

Otherwise I'd go Sheik or Peach vs. Diddy.

Asa

Smash Hero
So yeah guys, got any advice for my Zelda vs. Diddy?

inb4usesomebodyelse

pretty mcuh same deal yo

powershield nanners
instant throw or z catch bananas on landing

don't be predictable with your nayru's love to reflect bananas cuz that **** won't work more than once or twice lol

be aware of side-b
dash atk is probably useful in the mu

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
When I watched my matches against Dawson as Diddy (first time I got videos of Diddy uploaded), the biggest thing that stuck out to me was that I need to get better at using side B. Being a Yoshi main has taught me the command grabs are kind of amazing, and being able to mix in those flip kicks make it even more useful. It was counter-intuitive for me to implement side B into my playstyle though, and I think it's mainly due to the fact that the physics of the move are so different than what I'm used to with egg lay. I still love the move though, and I definitely agree that Mike and Trevor don't use it enough. =p

I also agree that airdodging into bananas is surprisingly useful...when I started doing that and buffered a shield when landing, I found that even Yoshi isn't completely helpless because he can throw items out of shield without any dumb lag. It's obviously not something that should be done all the time, but it's a good option to keep in mind, and having a good item game is all about knowing everything you can do with them so you can avoid becoming predictable.

Man, I really wish I had a Wii so I could keep my instant throwing and things like that polished. I could do it pretty consistently over the summer when I could practice, but I'm pretty bad at it now. >.<

And thanks for the HB stuff guys. =p

:005:

| Big D |

Smash Master
ICs suck on FD.

Seriously though, ICs vs Pika is like jumping over a candlejack.

I'll face you on BF.

And I don't use ICs anymore. If I face you, I will most likely g

| Big D |

Smash Master
Damn, I was going to take you to brinstar with DDD, oh well.

On another note, you cannot make friday/sunday, and I can't make saturday :(

I see you lurking down there Landon. I know you're waiting for it.

| Big D |

Smash Master
gordos are the best
I know someone who agrees :troll:

Edit: I went to go get some milk, I came back and there as a "must drink more milk ad" OMG. I feel sorry for those who must endure bag milk.

I kind of want to move out east after high school, it would be a cruel fate.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Well you do have to space it, and some characters have something that can shut it down on reaction.

(Olimar Up-B, MK tornado, etc)

Top Bottom