• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
damage ratio 2.0 Temple only

bombs on high

&i can't make saturday

Kantrip

Kantplay
It helps with the zelda only hyrule only super special giant franklin badge fixed camera light gravity invisible brawl with 2.0 damage ratio and super scopes on high

Captain L

Smash Champion
the problem with that is, why would anyone suggest picto against a diddy main?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Not in singles, no. We will do the Pictochat only if that turns out to be the most popular side event idea though.

:005:
So you mean, that whole argument and suggestion thing that you nicely ignored, was also irrelevant?

How am I supposed to go about bringing change then?

Is there a logical reason why your not doing such?

T-block

B2B TST
The real question is... would you notice a logical reason if it waved its **** in your face if it didn't look exactly like your idea of a logical reason?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So you mean, that whole argument and suggestion thing that you nicely ignored, was also irrelevant?

How am I supposed to go about bringing change then?

Is there a logical reason why your not doing such?
Having good reasoning doesn't stop people from hating the stage. I believe many people think with their emotions (well I do anyway) and no matter how much you try to reason with me, I'm still going to hate Pictochat. A wall of text certainly doesn't take precedence over my actual experiences in that stage, most of which have not been too pleasant.

You've pretty much done all you can to bring change (besides hosting your own events).

What a terrible post #1000.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yeah Saturday's cool if it works for everyone else

i thought the 12th was this weekend for some reason LOL

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
For future reference, I couldn't make a Sunday tournament due to Greyhounds only going to Campbell river on Sunday's and Friday's. I could make a Friday one if someone is willing to house me from Thursday to Sunday.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
In other words, Islanders won't make Sunday.

Also, what are the chances of a 2 day event? e.g. main event and other side events on Friday, then "fun" events on Saturday (e.g. dumb rule special brawl, ffa, mario kart, starcraft)... like just a hang out day and some for fun lulzy events.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Arcansi you realize that your arguments basically inspired a pictochat only tournament. This will let a lot of people play on picto in serious matches more than they've ever played on the stage before. A regular singles tourney would maybe have 4 or 5 games on picto assuming it's legal, the picto only tourney would have every game on picto every round. It'll be a great way for people to experience the stage and make valid arguments for/against it.

That is more change than you should ever have expected.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
In other words, Islanders won't make Sunday.

Also, what are the chances of a 2 day event? e.g. main event and other side events on Friday, then "fun" events on Saturday (e.g. dumb rule special brawl, ffa, mario kart, starcraft)... like just a hang out day and some for fun lulzy events.
I'd totally be down for that. I'll miss a good portion of whatever happens on Saturday but that's not a big deal. :)

| Big D |

Smash Master
Please make it friday i would <3 u soooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuch

Edit: Skidd, you also have friday off. It's a 4 day weekend for schools in BC.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The islanders (and WA people if they come) should be given more priority because they're expending the most to come to Vancouver.

It seems lots of us can't make it on Saturday and Sunday, leaving Friday as the best day for an event. The thing is each of those three days is going to impact somebody so it makes sense to pick a date that suits the most people.

While I realize many of us have busy schedules and commitments, some sacrifices will have to be made and hopefully everybody can see where I'm coming from.

My vote's for next Friday.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
The real question is... would you notice a logical reason if it waved its **** in your face if it didn't look exactly like your idea of a logical reason?
This is mostly impossible, because my idea of a logical reason is...a logical reason. If it did happen, I would dispute it and it would get pointed out to me, I'm sure.

Having good reasoning doesn't stop people from hating the stage. I believe many people think with their emotions (well I do anyway) and no matter how much you try to reason with me, I'm still going to hate Pictochat. A wall of text certainly doesn't take precedence over my actual experiences in that stage, most of which have not been too pleasant.

You've pretty much done all you can to bring change (besides hosting your own events).

What a terrible post #1000.
1. Logic takes precedence over biased experience. No Offence.

2. I haven't done all I can, and I probably never will. Willpower is stronger then most people think, when acted upon correctly.

Arcansi you realize that your arguments basically inspired a pictochat only tournament. This will let a lot of people play on picto in serious matches more than they've ever played on the stage before. A regular singles tourney would maybe have 4 or 5 games on picto assuming it's legal, the picto only tourney would have every game on picto every round. It'll be a great way for people to experience the stage and make valid arguments for/against it.

That is more change than you should ever have expected.
This is an amazing point, and thanks Captain L for pointing it out. I was pretty much just waiting on Jake to say 'Because it's not in Unity'.

Also, I guess in a way it is.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
1. Logic takes precedence over biased experience. No Offence.
If the world were logical, then all the **** that happens wouldn't have happened. Look at Greece... even though it's being scrapped, even thinking about a referendum is crazy and not logical... but it happened anyway.

The point is we aren't logical so don't expect us to be something we're not.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Arcansi, self procaliming you're logical is really silly. No intelligent person would ever do that, because you're stating that your view of the world is the most optimal, which is a very bold stance to take, and could be very easy to disprove.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
If the world were logical, then all the **** that happens wouldn't have happened. Look at Greece... even though it's being scrapped, even thinking about a referendum is crazy and not logical... but it happened anyway.

The point is we aren't logical so don't expect us to be something we're not.
I consider myself one of you. (E.G. a human)

I expect you can be like me. This is not illogical, is it?

Are you coming to the monthly Arcansi?
Don't have $200 lying around, sorry.

Top Bottom