• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

john

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Not really. You are assuming you two walked in at the same time. That RARELY happens.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
???

I think I meant to just point that I KNOW I have ****ty circulation in general and my hands tend to get crazy cold [even if there isn't a window open] and stay cold much more easily/frequently than my friends and the only thing we could figure as a reason was because of my poor blood circulation

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The reason it was funny. was because he came from outside. Warmed up for about two hours. and the rest of us are just alot better lol. he was getting ***** in a teams match and his partner lost his first stock(samus on yoshis). he was already on his last one lol. His response to the eye contact was is there a window open my hands are getting cold.

he was playing the entire two hours and it wasnt that they were cold just they were magically getting cold in the same conditions.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity: When do you john more?

When you know you're a lot better than the person, when you go even with them, or when they're a lot better than you?

I tend to john the most when I go even with someone. If I'm a lot better than the person, I tend not to john at all. I mean, why should I care if I lost to someone a lot worse than me? To me, I'd know I was a lot better and so I wouldn't really care. I'd just consider it encouragement for them to keep getting better at the game. If someone's a lot better than me, I also tend not to care. I just sort of accept the fact that they're a lot better and don't make excuses. I was just worse than them.

But if I go even with someone, especially when I think I should have won the match, I tend to john the most. One of my friends is a bit worse than me, but in one of our Falcon dittos out of nowhere he pulls of a moonwalk d-air as I'm recovering. I just look at him and say "That was the most ******** thing I've ever seen." He agreed, but honestly, it was just good. Anyway, after that he ended up taking the lead in a ton of matches XD

Ah, Melee. Good times.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I have specific johns

sandbagging johns if i lose to someone that i lose to thats alot worse, playstyle johns for those that are even, and....I suck johns for those that are much better than me

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I try not to john. My usual johns dont come from me winning or losing its just if Im playing poorly. Alot of times I may not be warmed up and Im consistently inconsistent. I just wanna be playing well when I win or lose.

And I have to blow into my R button because it sticks and the heat temporarily unsticks it. So I have a few controller johns. [I use R for WD l cancel and shield]

Proverbs

Smash Lord
At Kaostar:

Yeah, but I wouldn't john if I'm playing badly and winning. That just makes you look like a jerk ><;;

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea I wouldnt do that really either. Its more or less I have to say hold on or stop playing for a second to blow in my controller. Thats kinda my john. They always look over like WTF is he doin.

then I john lol. my r button sticks and it buffers in rolls and step dodges when I WD or l cancel

.Marik

is a social misfit
Sportmanship johns I make all the time. Nothing wrong with that.

If I lose, I may make a john, but I still admit I lost. And handshake the person and say "good game". Sometimes you just get unlucky, you know? Nothing whiny or disrespectful by acknowledging that.

Also, this thread is ****. I love it. =D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea way to use thread terminology. lol somebody has done their homework.

but I agree, and the worse johner is the one who is winning and getting upset cuz he side +B off the stage as falco instead of lasers and hes up 3 stocks lol[this doesnt happen to me lol]

Vts

Smash Champion
I think the person who this is talking about lives near me.

guy who use to live in texas and moved here and his name is john and he use to play with caveman and everyone so gives me the idea that it could be him.

but he is known as ace around here.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You dont have to be silent. but for alot of ppl its easier to focus.

I also have fun playing matches where u talk hella **** to each other but its for funzies and it also keeps u focused on the match lol.

I dont mind a john here or there. I know a guy who always says oops and aww that shoulda been a ____ or I DI'ed the wrong way or whoops.

long story short-he takes your positive things and says they were his mistakes. Like I cant stand that ****.

Pi

Smash Hero

I also have fun playing matches where u talk hella **** to each other but its for funzies and it also keeps u focused on the match lol.

I dont mind a john here or there. I know a guy who always says oops and aww that shoulda been a ____ or I DI'ed the wrong way or whoops.

long story short-he takes your positive things and says they were his mistakes. Like I cant stand that ****.
Yea.
Dun need to know when you messed up, juss don't do it again.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea.
Dun need to know when you messed up, juss don't do it again.
Haha but the worse part about it is that it will be something that hes not gonna get out of, or like u completely tricked him or something.

He will john about how it only happened because he didnt do somethin he was trying to do when really he got mindgamed or out tech skilled or something. or just a combo where he can only escape if u mess up reading the DI. He will say something like it only happened because I messed up the DI but really u just didnt mess up the dI.

Sorry to rant but thinkin about it actually pisses me off lol

Pi

Smash Hero
Haha but the worse part about it is that it will be something that hes not gonna get out of, or like u completely tricked him or something.

He will john about how it only happened because he didnt do somethin he was trying to do when really he got mindgamed or out tech skilled or something. or just a combo where he can only escape if u mess up reading the DI. He will say something like it only happened because I messed up the DI but really u just didnt mess up the dI.

Sorry to rant but thinkin about it actually pisses me off lol
I tend to believe people if they say they messed up
I just think it's stupid
I'm not here to be arrogant, I'm trying to play the game and react how I see fit, if you messed up and I punished you for it, don't downplay what I've done, don't say anything, make a mental note and don't let it happen again, that's all.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm guilty of the occasional 'oops' but I try to make it sound like a genuine 'oh, wow, surprised myself there'

Like if I don't aim my grapple beam right; 'oops'
or I shoot my charged beam the wrong way; 'oops'

but if I accidentally upsmash my uptilt, or or air dodge into the stage when I try to waveland, or shield/roll out of an L cancel instead of d/f/usmash, I don't mention it.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i

This......this.........this

I charged shot my friend against the underside of final destination afer edgehogging him he says if i woudve teched. .....

Geez in a five stock match during the fourth stock there was a accidental pause in the game. Later after he lost the match he blames it on the pause.

Friendlys

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I tend to believe people if they say they messed up
I just think it's stupid
I'm not here to be arrogant, I'm trying to play the game and react how I see fit, if you messed up and I punished you for it, don't downplay what I've done, don't say anything, make a mental note and don't let it happen again, that's all.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm guilty of the occasional 'oops' but I try to make it sound like a genuine 'oh, wow, surprised myself there'

Like if I don't aim my grapple beam right; 'oops'
or I shoot my charged beam the wrong way; 'oops'

but if I accidentally upsmash my uptilt, or or air dodge into the stage when I try to waveland, or shield/roll out of an L cancel instead of d/f/usmash, I don't mention it.
yea the occasional I made a mistake is warranted. But if somebody reads your DI is like gg for them. he will say out i meant to di differently because it got him killed, but in fact he just got reading rainbowed.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
lol wow after reading this page, I could see a whole bunch of people getting pissed off with me. I mean, I know I suck, and I am vocal about it. Hmm, I'm to think how to word this. I don't believe what I do is john. I guess I vocalize my mistakes because I know what stuff I do wrong, but I don't have the skill and practice to do it. -_- It's late, I don't know if I am making any sense. The point is, I think I'm going to be a lot more quiet next time I play.

smashking420

Smash Cadet
I need some help understanding this, how can...

• Good match
• Nice combo
• I suck
• You're much better than me
• I should quit
• I'm going to lose
• I got lucky
• You're too good
• Nice mindgames
• Good DI
• Nice tech
• Good sweetspot

Be a john?

Pi

Smash Hero
I need some help understanding this, how can...

• Good match
• Nice combo
• I suck
• You're much better than me
• I should quit
• I'm going to lose
• I got lucky
• You're too good
• Nice mindgames
• Good DI
• Nice tech
• Good sweetspot

Be a john?

I think it depends on HOW they say it
Like if they say it, disappointing, or...condescending, like they don't really mean it

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wow I do Sportsmanship johns? woah I didn't know I johned at all. I,ve seen people break my controllers still in the match, mother F***er I don't even camp or chain throw. But I,ve seen people like yeah why would or should I be mad I lost you are better and I don't play much, I was wordering why they weren't P***ed

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
"No Johns" = Don't talk.

Even being a spectator can make you a John or be influential!

"Nice combo... I couldn't do that to save my life. Man, I'm gonna lose my match."
"He only comboed me cause he's plays the game too much."
"Hah, seriously?"

Which one isn't a john?

NONE OF THEM. lol j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom