• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs vs. Gravity redux (video up)

Veril

Frame Savant
OK, I've known something for a while, but chose not to make it known because... well... you'll understand.

Anything to make her more viable. ^^
Sing canceling is basically a front for a much better technique: offstage infinite jump renewal. The timing is like sing-canceling, and the location it works in is the same. The difference? You don't need to use sing. All you need to do is perfectly space and time the jump, and all of your jumps are refreshed.

You would think all characters could do this. Not true... well, not really. Fast fallers can't properly time the jump. And by fastfallers, I mean just about anyone but Jigglypuff.

Because of her multiple jumps, this is an almost risk free technique, and probably the most absurd planking technique ever.

To those who say, "Video or it didn't happen"... VIDEO, b****es! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdn17Z2bwkA

Enjoy this broken nonsense.

Planking is used for stalling. Using this tech for stalling should also be banned.

Using it for effective edgeguarding absolutely should not be.
This sums up my view as to its ban worthiness. Jigglypuff is at the bottom of the tier list and this has never been used competitively. If it is banned I will drown a sack of kittens.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Vids or it didn't happen.

Nice find. So Jigglypuff can just, jump and get all her jumps back?

Alex, keeping any tech secret for a low tier character is probably one of the worst ideas ever. This should be public, as it always should of been.

Veril

Frame Savant
Why did you post this?? Why?? SBR will ban this now......
why not? If they ban this and not DDD's infinite they should all commit group suicide. It isn't as bad as rising pound stalls, since a person can just drop down and mess you up...

Don't counter that with logic plz :laugh:

PND

Smash Champion
It has more than just planking applications. With the little burst of invincibility you get you can edgeguard almost without risk. Plus YOU HAVE INFINITE JUMPS.

PND

Smash Champion
I don't see why it would be illegal. It's not like it's going to break her, lol. She'll just have more prowess when she knocks them off the level.

PND

Smash Champion
Rising pound is banned for stalling, but legal for recovery and everything else. I see no difference for this.

PND

Smash Champion
So should we also ban Wario's Fsmash because it gives invincibility? Good players will see this and learn to intercept us as we go to renew our jumps. It's not broken in any sense. Just ban it for stalling purposes and let us keep it for recovery / off stage antics

illinialex24

Smash Hero
So should we also ban Wario's Fsmash because it gives invincibility? Good players will see this and learn to intercept us as we go to renew our jumps. It's not broken in any sense. Just ban it for stalling purposes and let us keep it for recovery / off stage antics
Thats a lot different. It gives no ending lag from what I understand so you have almost no window of vulnerability if you play it smart.

PND

Smash Champion
There is vulnerability, you have enough invincibility for most of a bair IIRC. But you're completely vulnerable going for the first renewal, and then at certain times in between. Unless Veril finds a way to do this infinitely without losing invincibility, there's absolutely no reason to ban it. I mean, hell, theoretically merely grabbing the ledge will stop it from working as it will eliminate her ability to renew jumps. People who stall with it will lose their renewal, the opponent will roll up, and either Jiggs is out of jumps and dies or is basically forced to waste the jumps she has to get back to stage or attempt to stage spike dawdlers.

Counters will be found, there is no reason to ban it.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
There is vulnerability, you have enough invincibility for most of a bair IIRC. But you're completely vulnerable going for the first renewal, and then at certain times in between. Unless Veril finds a way to do this infinitely without losing invincibility, there's absolutely no reason to ban it. I mean, hell, theoretically merely grabbing the ledge will stop it from working as it will eliminate her ability to renew jumps. People who stall with it will lose their renewal, the opponent will roll up, and either Jiggs is out of jumps and dies or is basically forced to waste the jumps she has to get back to stage or attempt to stage spike dawdlers.

Counters will be found, there is no reason to ban it.
Right but they are considering banning MK's planking which would have a lot less invincibility than this and he has to grab the ledge as a result.

PND

Smash Champion
Planking is used for stalling. Using this tech for stalling should also be banned.

Using it for effective edgeguarding absolutely should not be.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
It looks pretty broken if it's being used for planking, but I would make a great edge guard refresh. Also a good idea if you are out of jumps and fall short of the edge. I don't really care if it should be banned or not because, well, it seems to strange to applicate in gameplay.

Otherwise....

Video or it didn't happen.
lol

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
so where do u jump exactly ur all over thinking this i want to make sure its legit. if no vid at least draw a picture or take one of the spot plz, u didn't really explain where in ur post.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
so where do u jump exactly ur all over thinking this i want to make sure its legit. if no vid at least draw a picture or take one of the spot plz, u didn't really explain where in ur post.
From what I understand, the location to do this is the same place you would Sing cancel. If you can SC, you can do this.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
sing canceling was never really fully explained and i haven't seen anyone use it in an actual match yet.
in the vid hes dropping down from the ledge, so i really dont know xd

illinialex24

Smash Hero
sing canceling was never really fully explained and i haven't seen anyone use it in an actual match yet.
Its a lightstep. Essentially it counts in the game mechanic as a ledge grab but you never actually grab the ledge so you get invulnerability I believe and you also are free to move.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
He'll do it people don't ban this tech. Just think of the kittens!

And woody is right (for once) we should get a video of it and a drawing to show exactly where jiggs has to be
**** kittens.

Anyway, Veril said in the chat last night that he'd have a vid of it up soon.

Veril

Frame Savant
lol, I explained it in excruciating detail actually.

**** kittens.

Anyway, Veril said in the chat last night that he'd have a vid of it up soon.
And then my hand went numb. I stand by "soon", just try to understand I can't make this vid if my fingers aren't moving right.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Jigglypuff was pretty much a round cat.

Her original japanese name was "Purin." Tell me that has nothing to do with cats. Look at her ears.
Purin means "Custard Pudding". Lots of animals have pointy ears as well.

Ggs.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Jiggs is actually getting mad because your posts are irrelevant to the thread :mad:
Get back on topic please!
I blame Woody. Jigglypuff is SO not a cat. Your avatar on the other hand is Air.

Anyway, there's a bit of confusion as for how and where to "quantum ledge hog" due to Veril being such a lazy, do nothing... Kidding. Anyway, it'll be confusing to some members untl the video is up.

Veril

Frame Savant
I blame Woody. Jigglypuff is SO not a cat. Your avatar on the other hand is Air.

Anyway, there's a bit of confusion as for how and where to "quantum ledge hog" due to Veril being such a lazy, do nothing... Kidding. Anyway, it'll be confusing to some members untl the video is up.
what's that? The sound of ungrateful b****es? :mad:

Top Bottom