• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I am THE GREATEST Jiggs player alive. They call me The Untouchable.

;;

Nah, I main Pika and second Zelda. :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
more nonsense in this forum....

go look over the mk social. I made it clear I would never want to mod this pitiful excuse of a character forum. I pity that anyone has the job of doing it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@SNO: You have zero choice over whether you're offered the position anyway.

In any case, let's all be nice! <3 And no pity needed, SNO..... this forum really isn't bad compared to a lot of others, and modding's not exactly hard work regardless, lol.

EDIT: @Heat: We can do wifi friendlies in general one day, tho, hehe.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Here goes a real question guys, this one might be hard. As we all know, Jiggz has this lovely move known as rest. It can be awesome, killing before 100%, Jiggz best kill move. I prefer to take Jiggz to Halberd for that reason, since it has a lower ceiling. We all know how awesome rest was in melee... So the thing is, Rest is a horrible move, you risk your stock for a incredibly accuracy needed move, for the power of what? Dedede's utilt? Well yeah it grants invincibility and has like super priority. But is it worth it? Jiggz doesn't have many options, so does she have to take that risk to be good? Should all Jiggz mains practice so that they never miss a rest?

tl;dr
Is Rest worth using it in Brawl?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Worth using ? Yeah.
Worth using as your main kill move ? Hell no.

Rest is a good surprise KO move, nothing more, nothing less.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I get punished when I short-hop dair a short char @ low % what am I doing wrong?

also
How does jigglypuff do on picto chat?

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
Question. What really happened to Wonderful Ballpit of Spam topic? It got transformed ever since I came back. The title at the front page has been changed, it's now moving on to nearly offtopic on Jigglypuff. I'm feeling so.....so.....confused :confused:. I feel like I entered a whole new different world now. I need help. Everything has changed.

So how did the Wonderful Ballpit of Spam topic change into a mod social topic?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So how did the Wonderful Ballpit of Spam topic change into a mod social topic?

Many of the social threads on SWF have ever-changing titles that correspond with that particular board's current discussion or board-specific inside jokes. Regardless of the title, the social threads still serve the same purpose: To allow "social butterflies" to flutter from topic to topic in search of an ever-increasing post count and to scream to the viewing audience "Hey, I'm a post *****!".

To get back on track, the title of the thread was changed on the 27th or so when Manic asked

Why have all these mods come here all the sudden?
It's still the same social thread, so feel free to continue posting there.

Cornballer

Smash Apprentice
I too am disappointed by the arrival of moderators.... I preferred this when it was the /b/ of the Smashboards.... I think I know why they're arriving.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
I too am disappointed by the arrival of moderators.... I preferred this when it was the /b/ of the Smashboards.... I think I know why they're arriving.
Well before, this Jigglypuff Boards had no moderators. (the old mods stopped going here) Then we had a new mod Kaylo! After Kaylo arrived, mods came here for some reason. This probably started with another mod who came here and chatted on the social thread. Other mods probably were interested in chatting on the social thread since 2 mods were already having fun on the social thread.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Mods don't really gravitate to socials just because other mods are there. x.o

Dunno how so many ended up in the Jiggs social, but meh. We're just other users with fancy red names...... not like we're out to get you. =P

Browny

Smash Hater
does anyone know the frame advatage (if any) that jiggypuff gets from dairing a grounded opponent (they dont trip)? I just noticed in some jiggs videos that many people go for dair-grab practically every single time so that doesnt really tell me if theres an advantage, only that you can grab armour any attack they might make and it will catch anyone who tries to roll dodge by going into shield first.

I was just thinking why I never see people use dair-utilt as a KO combo since its almost always fresh and has respectable KO power (by jiggs standards lol). I use it a bit and it works sometimes, I just wonder how effective it might be vs some characters who dont have any fast attacks and if the only reason I get it to work is because my opponent simply wasnt shielding or if I had to land in a certain frame window etc.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
does anyone know the frame advatage (if any) that jiggypuff gets from dairing a grounded opponent (they dont trip)? I just noticed in some jiggs videos that many people go for dair-grab practically every single time so that doesnt really tell me if theres an advantage, only that you can grab armour any attack they might make and it will catch anyone who tries to roll dodge by going into shield first.

I was just thinking why I never see people use dair-utilt as a KO combo since its almost always fresh and has respectable KO power (by jiggs standards lol). I use it a bit and it works sometimes, I just wonder how effective it might be vs some characters who dont have any fast attacks and if the only reason I get it to work is because my opponent simply wasnt shielding or if I had to land in a certain frame window etc.
I don't know the frame advantage, sorry. Dair to grab is pretty reliable though which is why alot of people use it, it also racks up alot of damage while at the same time refreshing your other moves (8 hits from dair+grab jabs)

dair>utilt is a true combo at higher %'s because dair gets more hitstun and it counts as consecutive hits in training. However, you might as well use dair>rest which kills earlier and works as a combo at lower % but I think they can di away in dair so utilt is probably more safe.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
By the time Jiggs can kill with a utilt, dair gains knockback, so you wouldn't be able to link the two moves together.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
So... would you be able to do some sort of pound ladder on teams with another jiggs to ko the opponent vertically?
I would think that a pound ladder would only work with 2 pounds tops; when the other Jiggs follows up your pound from up high (if you wanted to kill at least). She can't jump up fast enough.
Multihit moves only count once. You're right that the grab pummels count separately, though.
Oh my bad; I'll take note of this.

Purple

Hi guys!
Do you guys feel that Jigglypuff deserves her current placing?

If not, what direction should she be placed towards, and why?

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Yes, I think she does. She's last on the Character Rankings List and imo most low tiers are better characters. Not the worst, but close to it maybe.

Still fun as hell to play as though.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Fair and Usmash/Dacus imo. Fsmash is strong but laggy, Dash attack is decent but doesn't kill till higher %'s, Rest can be difficult to land.
Utilt is legit, I use it when my opponent is at lol % when I can't seem to land other moves. Great OoS since it's fast.

Dare I say Rollout is good..? At least on wifi.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Rollout is so unsafe it's scary. Use it when they're charging a smash.

Else for Jiggs' best KO move I'd say Fair and dash attack. Fair because it can be used offstage (hence near the blast zone) and dash attack because it's fast, has range and no one expects Jiggs to use a ground move.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I've stopped using Rollout as much a short time ago and I've stopped getting punished for my stupidity, alot of matches I could've won but I was being dumb. But I still think it's a great move since it punishes pretty well, just don't use it as an approach.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
no one approaches with rollout.... but rollout ok for tech chases

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
mk's nado stops rollout only legit way to land it on him is through some hard punsihing

Top Bottom