• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so I quit wifail and im doing offline. Is it just me or is sweetspotting f-air offline a total ****ing nightmare compared to online?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so im not the only one who thought that, but rollout goes to having a 99% chance to hit, which i think is worth the tradeoff on wifail :bee:
wait no, rollout is worse offline.

But srsly I get my kills with f-smash more than f-air am I just not use to her offline yet or what?

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
As a metroid/pokemon Fan I've picked up jigglypuff as my solid 3rd char. Will you guys allow me to join the jiggs family?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
wait no, rollout is worse offline.

But srsly I get my kills with f-smash more than f-air am I just not use to her offline yet or what?
maybe, but if your used to landing those Fsmashes enough you can warrant decaying Fair for damage. :bee:

i haven't played anyone good offline in ages so, meh can't help you much in actual offline play.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
oh ive made a couple of breakthroughs in the past week, but its mostly universal stuff that works well with jiggz.
And i can also get a jab lock by predicting my opponents second jump and footstooling them, following up with nair, ect.
ive been practicing footstools ever since i saw Jash use them effectively at Pound. The other stuff are personal mind games and tricks id rather not discuss

Cia

das kwl
Maybe not a breakthrough.. I'm convinced SH Dair > Grab is one of the best jigglypuff strings out there.

- It safely gets you out of close combat.
- Can do about 27% on average.
- Can put opponent in the air above jiggs (which is a good thing!)
- great for refreshing your fairs.
-----

I've decided to come back for Alex Strife's Viridian City tournament. So I'm gonna spend the rest of the month getting back up to speed and we'll see how it goes.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I want to know everything about Rest. what combos into it (only dair i think), what chars it works on, when i should use it, what stages compliment rest.

If someone could tell me all that or link to a thread that would really help

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Dair trip is the only surefire way i think. That applies to anyone who trips. And rest stages for jiggly are usually with water; Japes is best , delfino okay, you get the idea

Exegguter

Smash Lord
K so Sometimes when Im playin my pound spikes o.O like wtf it spiked a mk when my jiggs sh pounded and he was going to jump and spiked i was able 2 get a free smash from that....

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I want to know everything about Rest. what combos into it (only dair i think), what chars it works on, when i should use it, what stages compliment rest.

If someone could tell me all that or link to a thread that would really help
Late reply but soft nair(hard to do imo), soft fair, and dair all can combo into rest at higher %'s. Uair combos into rest at low %'s and I think bair... Though I find fair and dair easiest to use. There are also rest interrupts...
read the landing rest section here for more info http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209708

K so Sometimes when Im playin my pound spikes o.O like wtf it spiked a mk when my jiggs sh pounded and he was going to jump and spiked i was able 2 get a free smash from that....
I think it may be a stage spike, as I've only seen it happen next to the edge of a stage. Since Pound hits upward it stage spikes them downward.
Just a guess.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
sup guys I'm going to rep jigglypuff in my next tournament, and hopefully I do well. Wish me luck :D

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
1. What are the uses of pound besides to help recover?
2. Is rest a viable kill move?
3. What are the best uses of dair, and is dair the best move to DI with?
4. Is jigg's jab viable?

Thats all the questions I have, thanks to anyone willing to answer!

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
4. Is jigg's jab viable?

1. it punishes sidestep abusers, shield pressure, helps in timing WOP's
2. on light weight characters yes, be careful though
3. dair to rest is a good setup, it gimps and can poke at shields. i think u-air is best
4. jiggz jab is useful at the edge, punishes short hops OoS and can shield poke as well
if you really want to work on your jiggz, work on shield poking and stage control. stay on top of your opponents. after a pound, your opponents shield will be easy to poke with down-tilted f-tilt and any over-the-head type approaches. and memorize the distance of DACUS, it helps a lot with killing.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
4. Is jigg's jab viable?

1) Shield Poking. It also has a high priority.
2) Not bad, but risky. You need to set up a combo if you are going to rest.
3) Dair > Rest is difficult to escape. It isn't the best, but not the worse, nair is the worst.
4) You can jab lock with it, so it isn't useless.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Most of the other points have been mentioned, but Pound is one of Puff's most flexible approach options due to the sheer amount of options one has when using it (Falling Puff to Rising Pound, Rising Puff to Falling Pound, etc).

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
4. Is jigg's jab viable?

1. It damages...and has a huge hitbox (for jigglypuff anyways) and good priority. Great approach.
2. If you're skilled with it, ofc. Since it comes out in 2 frames you can interrupt some moves, or punish shield rolls, and there are a few ways to combo into it, like soft fair>rest dair>rest.
3. If you're going for the kill, dair>rest, to rack up damage, dair>grab, you could also use it for gimping. You could also use it as an approach I suppose.
4. It's meh. I use it to "combo" into her grab.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Most of the other points have been mentioned, but Pound is one of Puff's most flexible approach options due to the sheer amount of options one has when using it (Falling Puff to Rising Pound, Rising Puff to Falling Pound, etc) ON WIFI

fixed. Pound is for punishing offline, or canceling attacks out. Approach with it against any decent player offline and they'll give you the ****. =/

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Most of the other points have been mentioned, but Pound is one of Puff's most flexible approach options due to the sheer amount of options one has when using it (Falling Puff to Rising Pound, Rising Puff to Falling Pound, etc) ON WIFI.
Fixed again, I suppose. I'm not even going to bother debating this.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
^ please dont listen to him. Pound is a very punishable unsafe approach offline.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Mine isn't an opinion. And I'm just trying to help. Please don't start **** with me.:ohwell:
I'll attempt a civil conversation then. Properly spaced, Puff won't get shield grabbed while using Pound, regardless if the hit is shielded or power shielded. Pound leads into a grab or uair at low percents depending on what part of the body it hits, and at higher percents it knocks the opponent too high into the air to retaliate (save a dair from Toon Link at 50% or so, and even then, I'm pretty sure he'd just dair stall). Pound also boasts one of the longest lingering hit boxes that Puff has access too, and is only beaten by soft nair. The only thing that keeps Pound from being a god tier move is the initial start up, which can be "used up" during the initial approach due to Puff actually being able to move while using Pound.

I'm failing to see how Pound is a terrible move to approach with.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I'll attempt a civil conversation then. Properly spaced, Puff won't get shield grabbed while using Pound, regardless if the hit is shielded or power shielded. Pound leads into a grab or uair at low percents depending on what part of the body it hits, and at higher percents it knocks the opponent too high into the air to retaliate (save a dair from Toon Link at 50% or so, and even then, I'm pretty sure he'd just dair stall). Pound also boasts one of the longest lingering hit boxes that Puff has access too, and is only beaten by soft nair. The only thing that keeps Pound from being a god tier move is the initial start up, which can be "used up" during the initial approach due to Puff actually being able to move while using Pound.

I'm failing to see how Pound is a terrible move to approach with.
whatever you say noob.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Pound as an approach really depends on the situation (aka where they are, what OoS they have etc.). It can be a great approach if both are in the air but if they're on the ground use it if they have bad OoS (aka zss).

So for this argument I'd say Noob is correct.

Top Bottom