• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Jigglypuff 101 by RPK aka Pink=3

Razed

Smash Ace
I dunno if these things have been mentioned, cause I didnt read through the 11 pages but here we go:

1) Jiggly-puff not having a Up+B recovery isn't really a down side, considering she has the best recovery in the game

2) You said Pikachu has the best Usmash in the game.... Fox has got that hands down.

3) When you mention some of the moves (i.e. Usmash), you said all their good qualities, but failed to mention their bad, like Usmash's punishable after-lag

All n all great guide though, thanks!

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for this. I am starting to use Jigglypuff as a secondary, and BTW my main is your arch nemesis (Marth) =P

RPK

Smash Lord
RPK is a beast. This guide is Fuxing w/ Amazing.
I so wish that this was true T_T when I made this guide I had no one but lvl 1s Dx only went to like 4 or 5 tournaments so far and got last in all of them T_T though my last tournament I got Bob$ who knocked me into the losers and then got knocked out by a Y.Link. Anyways yeah...I need to attend more tournaments and get more personal experience then just looking over guides....
EDIT: Sorry not guides, posts. So yeah....Me=Suxorz Dx

TonyDaTigerYall

Smash Rookie
ehh haha good guide. I know you say jiggly cant Chain grab and all, but there are some people who dont DI all the time and you can grab a fast faller and throw him down, grab him agian if he or she doesnt DI and just do it one more time, then grab throw up, jump and go up for a sweet rest. Ive actually done this move all the time agianst fox, falco players who dont DI, or just mess up (dont ask me how they mess up xD).

Solid

Smash Rookie
Thats not entirely true. you could use rest a thousand times and it would never get weaker, it will always do the same for the first hit, but using it and actually hitting with it repetitivly will lessen the damage.

And btw nice guide i loved it, nice and long cause i got nothing better to do =]

TonyDaTigerYall

Smash Rookie
Thats not entirely true. you could use rest a thousand times and it would never get weaker, it will always do the same for the first hit, but using it and actually hitting with it repetitivly will lessen the damage.

And btw nice guide i loved it, nice and long cause i got nothing better to do =]
Lol dude i already knew that, im just saying that if you hit the person with rest about 3 times then it gets weaker and sometimes the person wont even die from it, thats why its sometimes easier when you chain and THEN rest.

TonyDaTigerYall

Smash Rookie
You can´t "chain" -.-
even total noobs will DI, no matter if they know what di is or not ...
Dude, you can chain all of these characters at least twice with jiggly.

fox
falco
falcon

blah blah basically all of the fast faller characters. And yeah i know that noobs who dont know what di'ing is or w/e my cousing just presses all the buttons like an idiot and he does di, but sometimes people wont expect that youll be able to chain with a jiggly the first time, so the when you catch them agian in the air and they're about 20% or so just slap him about 2 times and then throw him down agian, maybe youll get lucky and grab him again becuase he be's trying to di but you mind tricked him into thinking that you where going to throw him down right off the bat so he might of giving up on the di. Btw calm down with the "-.-" and the dots. I wouldnt post these things here if i was lying. :)

@SOLID: yeah i already know that, but still sorry; i sorta made it really confusing and you might of not been able to relise that i posted that already saying what you just said. ^__^''

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
ive noticed that my jiggly seems to be repetitive as hell, just woping away at shields, and not really doing much other than hoping for an obvious rest or extravagant edgeguard opportunity. what should i do to stop being so 1-dimensional?

btw jiggly has the best upB out of shield, hands down lol

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
ive noticed that my jiggly seems to be repetitive as hell, just woping away at shields, and not really doing much other than hoping for an obvious rest or extravagant edgeguard opportunity. what should i do to stop being so 1-dimensional?

btw jiggly has the best upB out of shield, hands down lol
Well switch it up. If you are approaching with a B-air switch and go to a D-air behind the opponent. This will either hit or take away a little bit of their shield. And depending on if they "flip" you can rest them.

Also the main reason to WoP , well for me, is so that even though they are shielding I can get under their shield and start a massive combo a Falling U-air for example or N-air just to push them further into edge guarding range.

Also since I saw how much Phanna used the Edge canceling I've been trying to incorporate it into my fighting style and it seems to work for me but I'll make a topic about this.

There are plenty of tricks to learn with Jiggs and plenty of things to master so if you are just learning you shouldn't be discouraged if you aren't finding combos and rest opportunities off the bat.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I wanted to check out this guide to see if there was any useful information, but I got down to the character match ups and you said jiggs can jump out of fox's up throw up air...>_> fail'd. up throw up air combos on jiggs till ~80%

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
RPK, I love your guide and though I fear that some of the tactics, namely wavedashing, will be forever out of reach, it has still taught me a crap load of new things. BTW, I'm not sure if anyone has said this before, but if Fox ^throws and then attempts to uair, if you're at low percentages dodge to the left or right and if high tap the a button and start praying. (I get my ******** behind handed to me on a regular basis by a guy who mains Fox. No matter how much I improve, he still stays a step ahead of me.)

Brookman

Smash Hero
RPK, I love your guide and though I fear that some of the tactics, namely wavedashing, will be forever out of reach, it has still taught me a crap load of new things. BTW, I'm not sure if anyone has said this before, but if Fox ^throws and then attempts to uair, if you're at low percentages dodge to the left or right and if high tap the a button and start praying. (I get my ******** behind handed to me on a regular basis by a guy who mains Fox. No matter how much I improve, he still stays a step ahead of me.)
It is a COMBO as in, puff is stunned from the throw until the up air hits if fox gets out of his throw properly. At low percents you can DI behind him and force him to bair. Not like it matters cause at low percents it's just about comboing puff anyway.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
It is a COMBO as in, puff is stunned from the throw until the up air hits if fox gets out of his throw properly. At low percents you can DI behind him and force him to bair. Not like it matters cause at low percents it's just about comboing puff anyway.
Ok, Thanks for the tip!

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so pretty much i just barely added the utilt to my jiggs game and the up throw(i have a bad habit of doing a down throw). but the problem i have with the utilt combo is i cant seem to get them behind me long enough to hit them with it any help????

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hi, non jiggs player looking for help for my friend..was watching some mango vids and noticed he doesn't try to set up for a rest from an upthrow onto the top platform of YS..is it possible to reach in time if they tech in place/tech roll..or will they be able to get up their shield? it seems he went for an upair instead in the match i was watching

PCHU

Smash Lord
Wow.
Ok, I hope someone reads this.
Neutral A into rest at around 40%.
Keep in mind all I have for practice is a lv. 9 Fox.
But this kills!
I've used it successfully three times! (And even better, I've only tried it three times!)

Anyways, that's probably the easiest kill I've ever seen.
Also, can dthrow chain?
Or is the lv. 9 Fox just an idiot and can't DI for crap?

Well that's all I have.
Hope I helped.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Actually, Fox kills at 70%. And Neutral Air into Rest, AKA King Rest (because The King invented it), can be done in almost any percentages as long as they are not way too high. As long as you space yourself and land the Nair, they will be rested.

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
It should also be pointed out that if you do a downward throw on a breakable surface (i.e. blocks in mushroom kingdom) you can immediately combo into a rest. Makes it kinda useful after all.
you can do that with a friends when you play for fun. but that stage is banned in turnies

never mind i was thinking of green greens

Binx

Smash Master
Wow.
Ok, I hope someone reads this.
Neutral A into rest at around 40%.
Keep in mind all I have for practice is a lv. 9 Fox.
But this kills!
I've used it successfully three times! (And even better, I've only tried it three times!)

Anyways, that's probably the easiest kill I've ever seen.
Also, can dthrow chain?
Or is the lv. 9 Fox just an idiot and can't DI for crap?

Well that's all I have.
Hope I helped.
Jab rest doesn't work in real games, people don't DI up vs jiggs which is the only thing lvl 9s do. If you are that close to Fox he'll be shining you so it won't work anyways.

Dthrow doesn't chain vs any character at any percent that I am aware of, definitely not vs Fox.

Practice vs level 3 computers, they DI more randomly, left and right (which still won't help you with human DI that changes based on percent and what they expect to be hit by) also they jab less and fall for more things an actual person might.

About utilt - if they are too low it won't always combo, its also sort of slow, most people won't fall for it, I've pretty much stopped using utilt and my game has improved a lot, now where I used to utilt (behind peoples shields mostly) I turn around and grab or jab then grab. Because of this new change I can randomly throw out an utilt in that situation around 50% and they will jump right at the wrong time and get me a free rest.

So basically utilt sucks but sometimes you get lucky and hit with it and they die.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Hm I didn't know you could do a forward facing nair into rest. Good info. I've only pulled off nair to rest once, but then again I've only just been using jiggs....and it was on a zelda...:laugh:

Also I probably need to utilt more...

SuperToughPinkPuff

Smash Cadet
not sure if this has already been posted in this thread but it wasn't I'm the main guide soo yeah. a fun combo is dthrow pound rest or throw in an uptilt b4 rest. I've gotten it to work on falcon ganon link marth
NOTE: I haven't had time to test this with a friend. let me know if you find it's just bc computer di

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
not sure if this has already been posted in this thread but it wasn't I'm the main guide soo yeah. a fun combo is dthrow pound rest or throw in an uptilt b4 rest. I've gotten it to work on falcon ganon link marth
NOTE: I haven't had time to test this with a friend. let me know if you find it's just bc computer di
Pound -> rest only works with bad DI.

If they DI toward you, iirc.

Dalub

Smash Apprentice

Last edited:

rifall

Smash Cadet
Am I Mango?

I'm sure that htis has already been said, but in Advanced Techiques intro...

question 10 reads

10. Am I King, KishPrime, Anden, KillaOr, or Magus?

I think this should be changed to

10. Am I Mango?

Top Bottom