• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Jigglypuff 101 by RPK aka Pink=3

Magus420

Smash Master
Woah, Zelda is not a Jiggs counter. Id say Fox, Falco, Marth, and Pikachu do very well. Sheik and Falcon have a pretty good advantage, and ICs, YL, and Doc have a slight advantage. Personally I'd put Luigi on there somewhere, but that's probably just me. Same thing with Peach.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Woah, Zelda is not a Jiggs counter. Id say Fox, Falco, Marth, and Pikachu do very well. Sheik and Falcon have a pretty good advantage, and ICs, YL, and Doc have a slight advantage. Personally I'd put Luigi on there somewhere, but that's probably just me. Same thing with Peach.
I agree with you on the Peach thing... at best it's an uphill battle for Jiggs, and at worst Peach has quite a bit of advantage. I never mentioned soft counters good sir...

Ganon,
Shiek,
Capt. Falcon,
Falco,
Peach,
Doc.

So yeah.. we're pretty much in agreement. I think alot of people underestimate Zelda due to the fact that they have never played a good Zelda before... She outranges Jiggs, and can gay her at very low %'s, and she can't really be combo'd. As for Luigi.. he is more of a nusince than a challange... you r@pe his recovery, and all he has in the air is Fair, and Nair.

Good Day Sirs.

Magus420

Smash Master
Ryoko sucks with Zelda I suppose then...

Personally I destroy Ganon, and he is generally my easiest matchup. Then again, my Puff is very rest intensive, and generally gets 1-2 on every character, and Ganon getting 3-4 lol. Hell I was getting 3-4 rests per match on Dire's G&W recently. Who the hell gets that many rests on a semi-floaty? :laugh: I usually try to shffl an u-air or waveland an u-tilt during Ganon's l-cancel lag of a f-air usually and rest them out of it. shffl U-air rest is too good imo.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Ryoko sucks with Zelda I suppose then...
>_> *sigh* no... from what i hear Ryoko is actually the 2nd best Zelda after Umow.. Maybe it's just a personal poor matchup... (i like to jump into the r@pe) >_<
Personally I destroy Ganon, and he is generally my easiest matchup. Then again, my Puff is very rest intensive, and generally get 1-2 on every character, and Ganon getting 3-4 lol. Hell I was getting 3-4 rests on Dire's G&W recently. Who the hell gets that many rests on a semi-floaty? :laugh: I usually try to shffl an u-air during their l-cancel lag of a f-air usually and rest them out of it. shffl U-air rest is too good imo.
I really like the Ganon matchup too, but that is probably just b/c we are just good at the matchup. I consider Fox one of my easier matchups, even though technically speaking Fox dominates Jiggly; it's just the way I play... Meh. You and I are probably quite good at punishing ganons, however a "perfect jiggs" vs. a "perfect ganon" the ganon would have the adv. due to the fact that even with DI, 6 hits=KO. GG. so yeah..

Good Day Sirs.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
In my experience...

I haven't played against many low tiers, and when I lose to them, I don't know if it is the character's advantage, the player's skill, or the fact that I don't know how to play against that character.

So, out of the top tiers anyways, Fox, Falco, Peach, and Marth are the worst, and the latter three aren't even that bad. If both of you are about even in skill, but you know the matchup better than they do (happens a lot, since most people don't get to practice versus Jigglypuff), you can win usually.

I don't think Doc isn't a soft counter, CHZ1. You just played my brother, who knows practically everything there is to know about the Jigglypuff matchup while you probably barely know anything about the Doc matchup, so that could have a lot to do with you losing so badly. After all, everyone in the Doc forums say that their worst matchups are Marth and Jigglypuff, believe it or not. Doc is stupidly easy for me.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Sry.. cheerleading has been really demanding recently >_< it should be done very, very, soon... i've got most of it, but i want to give it to you all at the same time. ie. i have all of the bad/terrible matchups, and 75% of the even ones... and ofcourse Booser is done b/c he's her only "good" matchup. so yeah... gimmi 2 days <(^_^)b

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I've played every good Zelda that I know of, and never had a problem. <_<

Also, Peach is a good to average matchup for Jiggly, I've only lost to one Peach convincingly, and that was Vidjo. Mike G I lost to because he survived to 170%+ last life while making an impressive comeback. >_< No other losses in 3 years.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
Ouch... Doc is a soft counter. He ***** you on the stage... you **** him off it. His Dthrow sets perfectly up into a Fair... so yeah... (goes and crys in a corner)
Hehe, didn't mean to be offensive.

dthrow > fair isn't perfect since you can usually DI and jump out of it, though.

I wish I had KishPrime's peach ****** skills. @_@

KishPrime

BRoomer
I still disagree with some of the counter matchups listed. I think you nailed it with YLink, Marth, and YLink, but no Zelda I have ever played has done even slightly well against me. Have I played Azen's Zelda? No. But I've played plenty of other people who mained Zelda for a long time.

Pika is a strong soft counter in my opinion. Even against Azen's Pikachu in-tournament, we went blow for blow until the end. There aren't enough great Pika players to fully judge, but I think it's hard to justify Pika that high just for his usmash, which is obviously great. bair still does a number on poor Pika though.

Sheik should be bumped up, and I mean way up. Even with Marth if not higher. Needle-spam Sheiks are a nightmare to face. Other Sheiks aren't as bad, but it's still a tough matchup. There's lot of random way to nail her with rest, and that still won't always save you.

Peach is indeed the 3rd dumbest matchup for exactly the reasons you stated, but I still think she can be overcome reasonably easy. She just has no way to kill you, and at least you have edgeguarding, rests, and fsmashes. The bair destroys everything she has, and she'll rarely get a turnip out against you if you stay on top of her.

In my opinion, Falcon should be a straight counter, but I have so little practice against them and King doesn't seem to have a problem with them, so maybe i'm just terribly inexperienced against them.

Prime to the Hizzle

RPK

Smash Lord
Well what I usually do is I just do a rising pound on them and for some reason it tends to draw them into me for a rest attack =3 by the way...I cant believe your using that to end your sentences....

BearBoy

Smash Apprentice
I must once again personally thank Rpk and Chozen for this amazing guide thank you both immensely for improving my game.

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
kish, i've always had trouble with peaches with puff(one of the reasons i picked up sheik). how do you play against a peach? oh and i have some other questions that you probably would know about but i'll just pm you with that.

KishPrime

BRoomer
kish, i've always had trouble with peaches with puff(one of the reasons i picked up sheik). how do you play against a peach? oh and i have some other questions that you probably would know about but i'll just pm you with that.
Honestly all I do is try to bair her head over and over and over. Eventually they'll get overaggressive and try to go up over you, at which point you wavedash backwards to fsmash.

<_<

I've played a lot of top Peaches and never had much trouble. Vidjo being the only exception.

RPK

Smash Lord
It actually works well for me if I can get a rising pound in on a Falcon. They go up a little then rest!
BTW how does Jiggs do against Samus? Dunno you have to ask Chozen. I didnt write the matchup part. and yes she can duck fox and falcos lasers if their lasers dont go low enough. Which is pretty hard for me still...Unless your up against people like Bomb Soldier who's lasers go as low as they possibly can go

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Imo the jiggs samus matchup is pretty even.. it's difficult to combo/rest her, but the second she's off the stage she's done. Just croutch under dem missles and space Fairs.. not Bairs too much (she gets knocked too far).

Good Day Sirs.

*wow.. definitly @ Ck's house right now... whoops

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
WoP or Wall of Pain as it is commonly known is the continous use of Bairs/Fairs that are well spaced consectutivly in order to maintain distance and spacing , while enabling you to combo your opponent.

Yes.. pound can be JC'd. that is why Jiggs has the highest vertical recovery in the game.

Top Bottom