• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Jigglypuff 101 by RPK aka Pink=3

Frogla2

Smash Rookie
You should add the Jigglypuff Rollout Recovery. Ill post a video of it in a second.

Its hard to pull of but here youull see

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
RPK said:
um...no....if I did add that rollout recovery IMO its kinda useless and way to predictable
what if there was a skine-spike-happy fox and ur trying to recover?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Fliperotchy said:
you messed up, someone picked on you, and you "retaliated" with capital letters and swear words. tough guy.
actually, i didnt use capital letters and i made two swears >.>
still, u continued arguing despite the fact you had nothing to defend. moron

RPK

Smash Lord
MaDWaK said:
what if there was a skine-spike-happy fox and ur trying to recover?
well what if you released to early? you have to have perfect timing. Im saying that one shouldnt practice something that would take them so long to master when they could be working on other things that can help them along the way. Players can be working on the Wop, rest combos, rising pounds and jigglypuff mindgames. Doing that would require them to practice perfect timing in order for them to grab it. If I knew how to do it exactly sure I guess I would practice it if I have those down but practicing that well you might as well learn how to powershield till you can get it 100%! Rollout to edgehog would seem like it would be that hard. In addition it is highly predictable they can still hit you if they have a higher priority, they can just ledgehog then rollout so that it would seem like theyre stil grabbing the ledge, you hit it and fall to your doom with no way of recovery. Anyways I wouldnt do it. Too predictable and unrelyable.

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
RPK said:
well what if you released to early? you have to have perfect timing. Im saying that one shouldnt practice something that would take them so long to master when they could be working on other things that can help them along the way. Players can be working on the Wop, rest combos, rising pounds and jigglypuff mindgames. Doing that would require them to practice perfect timing in order for them to grab it. If I knew how to do it exactly sure I guess I would practice it if I have those down but practicing that well you might as well learn how to powershield till you can get it 100%! Rollout to edgehog would seem like it would be that hard. In addition it is highly predictable they can still hit you if they have a higher priority, they can just ledgehog then rollout so that it would seem like theyre stil grabbing the ledge, you hit it and fall to your doom with no way of recovery. Anyways I wouldnt do it. Too predictable and unrelyable.
yea i guess. but its always a fun thing to know just in case.

Ledgem

Smash Rookie
Uhg... I can't do any of that stuff...

With WoP they don't stay in the air, I can't shffl (god thats bloody imposible) I can't wave dash efficiently, I can barely shorthop, I use the anolog to jump, I can NEVER pull off rest combos (EVER), I use the shield roll a lot, since trying to wd results in one very slow short movement in which I could have rolled 2-3 times >_>

Im sure thats not all but it doesn't matter, I don't even reach "weak" when it comes to using advance techs... What the HELL am I suposed to do?

RPK

Smash Lord
Well first Id try to atleast get rest down. draw a circle around her eyes and then you get the hitbox for rest. keep at it till you can hit rest consistantly. next just get a feel for her moves. her attacks start to carry her opponent at around 35 usually and then just practice wop. to tell the truth man...just practice advanced techniques. get atleast Shuffling down and come back. or just short hop. cause you actually do need the short hop if you expect to carry someone from off the ground and in to the air. i dont know what to say though man...sorry >.< just get some of the advanced stuff down first then come back

Ledgem

Smash Rookie
Well, after some practice and a few games with a friend, I can sort of short-hop, but I can't do it continuously, and I THINK I might be doing what shffl is but I can't tell if the fast fall or l cancel is working half the time... I can do all of them by themselfs no problem, but when combining them all I barely manage to do 2-3 times...

My situation isn't as bad as I made it out to be... I know how to rest, and in a few matches of 6-10 stock, I got a few rest KOs in but I honestly don't know how to form a rest combo. The times I manage to actually get rest to work it was because of his lag... I did get one jumping through a platform into him, but I don't think I knocked him up there...

What I don't get about the combos is how you link a side attack into a rest? If I hit them they recover either too quickly or get launched... Which leads to another problem... When I try to WoP, they never get up into the air, and the battles with my friend involve pretty much a hit and run using rolls and the shields like mad... It's really just a big MG fight till someone gets a good KO smash attack... Ive tried to go and attack when they're off the stage to KO them but I only manage it when fighting fox/falco when they do the ^B move. I know I need to practice more but I don't know HOW to practise this stuff.

I don't think I need to worry about WDing, I can pull it off during a fight, (practiced with marth and managed to effectively WD smash a few times) but often when I use it I screw up and end up getting smashed... If I keep using it I'll screw up less, than I know.

I just can't seem to move that fast, even if I start it right I hesitate and screw up the shffl or short hop, with jiggly the short hop is so low, it's so dam hard to jump low, hold side to get a side attack then imidiately press down (often end up doing a down attack) to FF, which I also can't tell if im doing right, and press L at the right moment, which is also something I can't tell if im doing right. I really don't know if I can do this stupid move...

LilNess

Smash Rookie
I personally like this guide, I have finally read all 3 of my characters guides, so now at the NJ tourny I can kick some butt.Thanks

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
LilNess said:
I personally like this guide, I have finally read all 3 of my characters guides, so now at the NJ tourny I can kick some butt.Thanks
but first... practice your anus off

@ ledgem, you gotta practice rest combos, just work on throwing different opponents like fox, falcon, dorf, cheik, and doc. up throw them. then jump and rest. try it until you get it three times straight. basically you can do any attack and form a rest combo.

holywhack

Smash Apprentice
VERY GOOD GUIDE- but I have a few ?'s
Jiggly is my main and marth is my secondary. But i don't know what to do agianst some marths. I know a few that are hitbox whores and they LOVE to keep their distnace. They also shieldgrab- alot- and the only hting i can think of is to jump at them with no attack and land and grab. Do any of you have advice on marths?
Which characters can be up throw rested be sides fox and falco???

RPK

Smash Lord
Hm...When I saw King up in a battle Sheridan said not to try and sheild grab King's Nair. I forgot why but if he tried king would have gotten an opening. he did a couple times and got punished for it. Even though he grabbed him once during that but tahts it. anyways for sheild grabbers try nair. When I go up against marths i usually get CC'd when I do a bair and i get grabbed. I should have gone in with rest instead of bair. Anyways if your up against guys that like to keep their distance with their long hit box you could always fake them out by air dashing. I dunno i need more human experience

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
Ah, sux. The guy who originally made the video posted how to do it once but some nub started pissing him off and the original guy took it off.

I guess it's time to experiment with DI then...

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
no. and the video is by magus who ive played several times before and is really good. You hold the cstick in the direction of the wall or floor and hold the control stick perpendicular to the direction that you are flying to. then press L or R right before he hits you.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
LALALA.. RPK WE NEVER GOT TO FINISH OUR LINK VS JIGGS MATCH.. ill be looking forward to slaughtering you. lol! just kidding man. i look forward to playing you in the future.. it looks like you learned alot.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
---------^ and now i need to Fox ditto the Chozen One in Killa For Cash... and then perhaps i'll get to use the SAK to win my money back ;) name stealers *sigh*

Magus420

Smash Master
If you look on youtube I do a really good job of explaining that vid btw, as well as the factors that go into it and it's usefulness when applied to other characters. Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it there, but the technique is less effective for teching the more vertical the trajectory gets. AKA, an attack like Falco's d-smash can be teched at insane damages like 300-400 or something (you'll still slip off the stage and die after the tech tho from the HUGE amount of momentum), but Fox's u-smash can't be teched after like 15-20 or something by double-sticking.While you can't tech those vertical attacks as a way of surviving, the concept can still be applied to help you live longer. If Fox is charging an u-smash, hold away on the control for the angle of knockback, and down on the c-stick for a small amount of ASDI to oppose being KO'd off the top. It might only help by 1-2%, but it's simple and that little bit might keep you alive sometime.

I also use the technique for improved edgeteching, considering most of my other mains. *cough*Ganon&Falcon's recoveries blow*cough* For example if I get f-smashed by marth when recovering, I hold up-towards on the control and directly toward the edge (generally left or right unless I get hit above the edge then it'd be angled downward as well).

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
---------^ and now i need to Fox ditto the Chozen One in Killa For Cash... and then perhaps i'll get to use the SAK to win my money back ;) name stealers *sigh*
Well CHOZEN ONE.. it would be nice if you would stop being immature about the name stealing stuff.you even insulted our crew through PMing me and called us "TEAM NAME STEALERS". well its interesting that there is a smash crew based on disrespecting other smashers.. thats very commendable.. (not)

John didnt know that there was another person known as CHOZEN ONE.. and his tag isnt even "chozen one" its "TC1" (the chosen 1)

^^ Looks like there's a Meep too >.>
Before smash even came out... he has used meep as his tag name. No disrespect to the ice climbers player, hes really good. but yeah its not like we search the entire smashboards and see other peoples tag names first so as not to take them..

tc1

Smash Lord
Aye Every 1 this is TC1 here (NAME STEALERS) ??? How the heck did u come up with that,,Its kinda wierd people have tha same taste in names but no 1 here is a name stealer especially if u dont even no me or meep . + and have never even talked 2 us ..I think if u r really that upset about ur name fite me 4 it..Dnt name call.Simple U HAve my name i have urz..Come N get it if u want .. (simple)..Other wise..No disrespect..(SHUT UP)//Welp Yup thats all i had 2 say...Well Yea TC1 OUT

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Good Sirs.. Clearly you are mistaken when you call me a so called "name caller". Never Once did I call you, and your crew anything but name stealers...

Clear Sarcasm is lost in the young.. Meh, well I guess next time TC1 is in D.C. or CHZ1 is in Ca we'll have to play each other ;) Tell Meep that MeepZero will probably be wanting the same NM (name match) that the Chozen Twos will be having as well.

I'm thinking Fox ditto... even though i don't even main fox.. whateve >_< Oh.. i almost forgot, you asked how i came up with my name... Look at my Sig good sirs. Kung Pao, baby! Yeah! Clearly great minds think alike ^_^

well... i have to go to cheerleading tryouts so i'm out...

Good Day Sirs.

ChozenOne Out.

tc1

Smash Lord
No I wrote (name stealers) above reffering 2 me and meepand how were not name stealers .. Not u ..Nd Sure I guess ,,U really cant tell if ur sarcastic on tha cpu..it depends how u read it..CheerLeading Practice.. A watever floats ur//Boat../C u couldnt tell i was sarcastik..ru going 2 oc2..Well yea c u later...YOU WILL NOW ALL REFFER 2 TO ME AS ERHMMM BETTTY

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
---^ ROFL.. If you've got an a$$ i'll kick it!

OC2.. i wish, tickets are expensive, and i have cheer practice all throughout the summer >_< don't knock it dawg... my girlfriend's madd hot.:grin:

theAPExp

Smash Ace
silly name issues, i hope to call corn...

i have a question on the advanced techniques part (it's not there). is it not finished or are there really no advanced techniques with puff? most of what i think of as advanced puff has already been mentioned in the multiple wop's, mind games, some of the rest combos, and ledge/recover/edgeguard type stuff. other then that i really can't think of truly advanced puff stuff outside of pivoting (is pivoting into an fsmash all that useful with jiggs, situational maybe?) and specific character tactics junk (which i think you mentioned before you didn't want to do a matchup thingy or something like that)

RPK

Smash Lord
yeah im lazy so i dont like doing the match ups unless someone else wants to.
next i myself cant think of anything more advanced. Jigglypuff if you think about it is really basic. Its up to the user. Such as doing a SH bair without fast fall=another bair. Its rather quick too. Or SHing away while bairing with the C-stick. stuff like that. anyways yeah. And it would help though if someone were to make it. In fact. Ill make a thread on it

Top Bottom