• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Jigglypuff 101 by RPK aka Pink=3

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
through constant WOP you can coherce someone into rolling towards you, if you plan your spacing right you can rest them out of their roll lag (which is only a few frames but thats all you need)

tiger sharks0r

Smash Rookie
the only real problem with my game as jiggs is utilizing her utilt and being consistent with the rising pound. every time i try for the utilt i always get the usmash.

i don't know if you included ways to get back on the level once you sweet spot the ledge but its nice to throw in a edge dropoff into rest attack if they try to dash attack you. catches them by surprise if you use it sparingly

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I love hitting enemies on the way down from recoveries and then landing back on the stage.The roll is an obliterator.On FD,if an enemy ever kills me and their damage is even just 30,I'll do rollout during their taunt or my invincibility phase(if they don't powershield it) for an instant KO.Also i love resting straight out from the recover platform.
Today I was playing level 9 ice clmibers who de-sync like mofos,and it was f***ing awseome,because Iwas able to edge gaurd the white one with two fairs and kill the other with 3 fairs without getting hit or countered.It ruled.Also,to practice comboing,play a level 9 Peach on the Yoshi stage with the revolving blocks.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Falco&Victory said:
I love hitting enemies on the way down from recoveries and then landing back on the stage.The roll is an obliterator.On FD,if an enemy ever kills me and their damage is even just 30,I'll do rollout during their taunt or my invincibility phase(if they don't powershield it) for an instant KO.Also i love resting straight out from the recover platform.
Today I was playing level 9 ice clmibers who de-sync like mofos,and it was f***ing awseome,because Iwas able to edge gaurd the white one with two fairs and kill the other with 3 fairs without getting hit or countered.It ruled.Also,to practice comboing,play a level 9 Peach on the Yoshi stage with the revolving blocks.

Dont count on invinciblity frames, a smart player will ledge drop till their are gone or just out maneauver you. Also dont practice level 9's. You will develop CPU mindgames which = bad.

RPK

Smash Lord
yo chaos theory which attacks can you rest through. The ones with wierd hitboxes like fox/falco's forward+B anything else that you know a jigs can rest through?
EDIT: Sry didnt want this thread to fall again

Tipo mastr

Smash Lord
telling people that my name is pronouced "Typ
"First, the hitbox is massive. Both the horizontal and vertical reach are substantially more than the animation would suggest, and the prelag is negligible. Even opponents accustomed to Jigglypuff will frequently underestimate your reach with this move, so spam it mercilessly. This is particularly useful against edge guarders because it has more reach than most moves that are used for edge guarding."

WHAATT???? What about when you accidently pound the invisible man 10 feet in front of your opponent and then leave yourself COMPLETELY open for a finisher?

I don't play jigglypuff, but I've had many instances when a badly timed pound whiff has turned into a KO for me. IMNSHO, the pound should be used very sparingly as a combat move. The attack isn't worth using, because the lag will get you killed at 50% or higher.

tiger sharks0r

Smash Rookie
Tipo mastr said:
"First, the hitbox is massive. Both the horizontal and vertical reach are substantially more than the animation would suggest, and the prelag is negligible. Even opponents accustomed to Jigglypuff will frequently underestimate your reach with this move, so spam it mercilessly. This is particularly useful against edge guarders because it has more reach than most moves that are used for edge guarding."

WHAATT???? What about when you accidently pound the invisible man 10 feet in front of your opponent and then leave yourself COMPLETELY open for a finisher?

I don't play jigglypuff, but I've had many instances when a badly timed pound whiff has turned into a KO for me. IMNSHO, the pound should be used very sparingly as a combat move. The attack isn't worth using, because the lag will get you killed at 50% or higher.

I agree. I usually have a habit of misjudging the distance of the pound and lagging right in front of my friends charging fox up smash and its death at like 28% sometimes ha. plus people can grab you out of pound if they shield very easily. throw it in your WOP game every now and then for a switch up. best thing to do for jigglypuff is be sporatic.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
i do it when im on the edge. hanging there just FF DJ and Pound. It sends them behind you, and they're pretty much screwed if you're ok with WoP.

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
doyoung2win said:
use pound sparingly? tell that to king or killaOr

King does use it sparingly, he uses every move sparingly... they just know when to use the move...they know their character inside and out that is all.

technomancer

Smash Champion
sticky? looks mostly good missing some stuff.

I'd throw in for edgeguarding; when opponent is hanging stand just out of range of their ledge attack. From there, prepare to spotdodge a ledgejumped attack, or sleep/fsmash anything else. Very effective.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Pound should be used whenever you are touching your opponent. Huge priority, good dmg, and in some cases can result in combos, plus it owns their shield.

RPK

Smash Lord
Well tell that to Takalth. I should have read over it a little bit more before just pasting it in there. Ill do some editing. But yeah pound should be used sparingly unless you are off the edge then of course its rising pound. Its also good I guess for getting them off the edge again since they usually fly behind you. Well depending on where you are that is. But yeah whiffing that move is bad however it can be a good setup.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
It would be fantastic if you had specific %'s for rest combos on different characters but it's alot to ask for. Also a list of matchup difficulty (characters on a 1-25 scale... 1 being easiest, 25 being the hardest), and why.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Sveet said:
okay i know im a noob for asking this but can you do a wavedash while your still sliding from another one? (ei, to increase the speed, you do wavedashes while already in the dash) ive just recently been able to consistantly wavedash but im still not that good with it, so i havent really been able to work much on that.
joe
only with luigi, samus, mario, mew2, marth, blah blah
characters with weak tracking

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
i liked the guide, i didnt read itfully, i just skimmed through. but i realize that a d throw to rest works extremely good on fastfallers, no matter how much/ where they try to DI

EDIT: and a great guide always has a match ups/ counterpicking section

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Fliperotchy said:
lol, ur stupid. stop posting here plz.
wow, are you kidding? im not the one making the retarted replies "wow, he spelt something wrong." say that to Dan+ at least moron, not me. Dan+ is posting nothing but nonsense... but i can care less since he's a random noob new on smashboards, aka a nobody.

oh, and dont start random **** unless you want people to think your a dumbas$

actually, just stfu and dont reply, thanks

carter

Smash Rookie
foxandfalco said:
wow, are you kidding? im not the one making the retarted replies "wow, he spelt something wrong." say that to Dan+ at least moron, not me. Dan+ is posting nonsense but i can care less since he's a random noob new on smashboards aka a nobody.

oh, and dont start random **** unless you want people to think your a dumbas$

actually, just stfu and dont reply, thanks

Ease up. He's just being a ****head.

Dan+

Smash Cadet
Of course i'm just a noob lol. Where do you see me claiming to be anything else?

You shouldn't judge on how people seem before you get to know them. A simple mistake such as using the wrong word isn't something to get upset over... I just thought it was a funny mistake. Calm the hell down and take a joke.

RPK

Smash Lord
I would actually have that match up section on what to do against certain characters. However I dont have that much opponents for me to do a full analysis on. God the only thing I can think of right now is that Jigglypuff can just crouch under almost all grabs. Against Fast Fallers rest combos are awesome. Floaties= Easy carry off with wall of pain usually. I would say more but its 7 Am here so Im out of it lol. And guys please take this little argument to a messenger or the PMs or something just not in here. And Dan+ dont be a Lord Mewtwo. On the otherhand he did do some nice editing....My god have I never seen someone get flamed so much in my life. I best stop before I write a book with my ramblings.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Dan+ said:
Of course i'm just a noob lol. Where do you see me claiming to be anything else?

You shouldn't judge on how people seem before you get to know them. A simple mistake such as using the wrong word isn't something to get upset over... I just thought it was a funny mistake. Calm the hell down and take a joke.
you're not Fliperotchy, i wasn't posting in regard to you. Fliperotchy posted "lol, ur stupid. stop posting here plz." and i dont take **** from anyone on smashboards (if u didnt kno my rep already).
also, i already said i dont care about what you post Dan+

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Fox&Falco=Noob Owning and Sexy ^_^

NJ's Finest+TNR NEED TO SmashFest... Come to North Va. or We'll Come to NJ... I Need to Ditto your Falco+Jiggs!

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
foxandfalco said:
you're not Fliperotchy, i wasn't posting in regard to you. Fliperotchy posted "lol, ur stupid. stop posting here plz." and i dont take **** from anyone on smashboards (if u didnt kno my rep already).
also, i already said i dont care about what you post Dan+
*sigh* your sarcasm is what started the agrument. and you didn't spell anything wrong, you used the wrong word. i would like to thank you for reading your post before you post it. ok, so you dont take **** from anyone on here, but does that make you the most badass mother****er alive? i dont think so. get over yourself, this is the internet.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ChozenOne said:
Fox&Falco=Noob Owning and Sexy ^_^

NJ's Finest+TNR NEED TO SmashFest... Come to North Va. or We'll Come to NJ... I Need to Ditto your Falco+Jiggs!
rofl, uh va is kinda far. do u ever come up to NJ or PA tournaments?
Fliperotchy said:
get over yourself, this is the internet.
wen one person mocks another over the net (despite the fact that they dont know each other at all), it's very common for the other person to react. dont tell me you rarely see that on the internet. smashboards alone has many flames. idk why u replied anyways, u had no point to defend, i really thought u just stop caring.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
i just figured that since you were being sarcastic and pointlessly posting (which you say is wrong....which in turn makes you HIPOCRITICAL) i would pointlessly post too. you messed up, someone picked on you, and you "retaliated" with capital letters and swear words. tough guy.

BearBoy

Smash Apprentice
Awesome guide I know it is helping my Jigglypuff alot. Perhaps you may want to put in something about the almost immediate death of Jigglypuff when using rollout ro close to an opponent on the edge and the after effect death taht follows.

Top Bottom