• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Jigglypuff 101 by RPK aka Pink=3

Puffball of joy

Smash Rookie
Something that is also pretty good to know, is that training against a Ness is really useful. He has such a small hurtbox, so you can't really combo into rest, but he is really easy to WoP on. his down tilt is a great shield pressure-er, so stay back from that. He is really small, but he is good to practice against. A good combo in general is double utilt bair shffl nair jab, and rest if you are in the hurtbox. Iit's harder to do when they are over about, 50% though. Mainly a %age combo instead of a KO Combo

MightyM

Smash Rookie
So, is there any guide about the basics of Puff with the required tech skills and all?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
So, is there any guide about the basics of Puff with the required tech skills and all?
bair

10 bairs

more like 100230123 bairsamirite

edit: im sorry i didnt realize you have 2 posts. that post was an ironic acknowledgement of the bafflingly prevalent community opinion that jigglypuff is all bairing. i dont know if there is such a thing but if you flip through some pages of mahone's thread you'll find a few posts of people talking about what's good to practice on your own, that might be a good start. otherwise: learn to short hop, l cancel, and wavedash first, those are kind of a minimum requirement for competitive melee in general.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Not really, because Puff isn't very technical on her own. If you have down all of the universal tech skills, like SHFFLing and WDing, you have all the tech skill you need for Puff because she has nothing notable of her own.
Most of your practice with puff will be in both figuring out matchups and landing rests safely. You have to play completely different against every character, sometimes you can completely uveruse your bair (as FoxLisk mentioned jokingly) while other characters you almost never bair. Figuring out how to approach and space different characters, what combos do and don't work, and what types of rests are viable against them. Then just figuring out how to rest in general, resting OOS, resting out of certain combos on certain characters, out of uthrow or dthrow, as a ledgeguard. There's so much, puff is probably one of the hardest characters to practice/learn on your own because you can't really practice your tech skill or reliable rest setups on the CPU.
Hope this helped a little. If you don't know what the abbreviations I use mean, there's a glossary page somewhere on the smashboards.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
I think someone needs to make a new guide, but it seems to me that guides were more a thing a few years ago than now. Nowdays people are scared of making a guide and putting mistakes in it way too much. You'll get corrected and you can fix it later anyway. Oh well at least Doc has arguably the best guide of all characters

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I would love to write guides but I'm terrible and not qualified. Then the people are qualified are qualified because they actually play the game a lot instead of writing about it on the internet.

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
Wall Of Pain
During this you must DI towards your opponent during the attack then away and back towards your opponent with another bair which should be L-cancelled. This can also be done using Fair.
DI is changing your trajectory after you are hit, FWI

Top Bottom