• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Brood is playing Maguro in losers 7 right now. It seems like Sakasaka beat Rain in WSF [MK dittos]!

Brood pulls off a ridiculous comeback to win game 1 and a solid 2 stock during game 2. Maguro's eliminated.

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
so many MK dittos, i didn't realize so many well known players in japan had switched

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Masha beat Brood btw and is in WFs.

Meanwhile Mikeneko is playing Nietono [MK] in losers 8. Nietono had lost to Luminous, Mikeneko to Masha I think.

There haven't been that many MK dittos? Only Rain vs Sakasaka so far.

Edit: Mikeneko beats Nietono game 3.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Have you been watching both streams? Luminous, Kuroobi, Sakaska, maguro, rain and nietono all using MK (some have gone other stuff)
I wasn't watching the names so much, but I've seen at least 5 MK dittos not sure who was who
there have been quite a few mk dittos and the only part of doubles i caught was quad MK, which must have been the end

I guess I'm sure extra disappointed because I expected something else from 3 of those players, I guess I just haven't been keeping up with who plays what now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Masha convincingly beats Sakasaka in Winner's Final.
Mikeneko 2-0's Rain in LSF and proceeds to play Sakasaka in LF.

Sakasaka 2-1's Mikeneko with ZSS and gets another shot at fighting Masha.

Masha double 2-stocks Sakasaka's ZSS in GF and takes the tourney.

1st Masha - Falco
2nd Sakasaka - ZSS / MK
3rd Mikeneko - Marth
4th Rain - MK
5th Brood - Olimar
5th Nietono - MK / Olimar

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Singles
1 Masha
2 Sakasaka
3 Mikeneko
4 Rain
5 Brood Nietono
7 Maguro DIO
9 Kamemushi Choco Shuin Luminous
13 Hazureimu Harvest Yui Kuroobi

Doubles
1 Rain & Nietono
2 Kamemushi & Daiki
3 Mikeneko & Kairo
4 Kakera & Maguro

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Numaburamovie is usually very punctual with their videos.
Westsmash has been pretty unreliable lately. They're like a month behind with their videos.

@Unneurotic

Do you have a bracket image for Piosuma?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato videos have been finally uploaded! Piosuma should follow soon for a sweet batch of great sets.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
:O Didn't know they were up already. I still may do a set or two in HD. Or I might be lazy lol. 3 to 4 hours just to record one set that is already up? Maybe.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Masha vs Mikeneko will be up in HD with commentary later today. I have some trailers and other international sets I must put up so I can probably only do this set from Japan :'(

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Masha vs Mikeneko will be up in HD with commentary later today. I have some trailers and other international sets I must put up so I can probably on do this set from Japan :'(
Wait Keitaro didn't you promis that Belecher vs Touma was your last Mart-Falco set :p

clowsui

Smash Legend
to his credit he's clearly undergoing a big style adjustment

his punishes just seemed inconsistent vs masha. vs kamemushi he kept swingin lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Mikeneko has shown consistently great spacing, reading and adapting skills and kept mistakes at a minimum. As usual he has gotten top 4, has only lost to the 1st and 2nd placers and has done so with a character that barely even has the tools that allow him to do so. During the course of this tournament he has beaten Maguro, Kuroobi, Kamemushi, Nietono and Rain - arguably one of the strongest set of wins he's ever gotten at one single tournament. If that's "playing some of his worst" then you're asking him to do the impossible.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So top 7 character in brawl =/= barely allowing to do so.
If your character is the 7th best in the game and you're virtually surrounded by characters that are either as good or better, then consistently making top 4 is barely possible. Mikeneko does it all the time though because he has quite literally pushed the character to his limit. You can't make better use of a character than Mikeneko does with Marth.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Aw, I wanted to see how Yui did and see if he played Fox. I think his MK to be honest is not up to standard lol.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
If your character is the 7th best in the game and you're virtually surrounded by characters that are either as good or better, then consistently making top 4 is barely possible.

yeah but this way making top 4 is barely possible for any character that is not MK or maybe IC's

Mikeneko does it all the time though because he has quite literally pushed the character to his limit. You can't make better use of a character than Mikeneko does with Marth.
Since you can't play perfect as human being I agree

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If your character is the 7th best in the game and you're virtually surrounded by characters that are either as good or better, then consistently making top 4 is barely possible. Mikeneko does it all the time though because he has quite literally pushed the character to his limit. You can't make better use of a character than Mikeneko does with Marth.

If Mikeneko is a near perfect player with Marth and can't get past 4th place consistently, then maybe Marth being 5th on the tier list isn't accurate at all, because characters that are below him can do better than that like Falco and ZSS.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If Mikeneko is a near perfect player with Marth and can't get past 4th place consistently, then maybe Marth being 5th on the tier list isn't accurate at all, because characters that are below him can do better than that like Falco and ZSS.

Marth as 5th is a joke. He can be 7th or 8th or 9th but 5th is way too high. Falco and Snake are better characters for sure, others - especially ZSS - are also up for debate.

YoshiAustralia

Smash Apprentice
falco is much better than people think he is by far

falco is a far better character the marth overall

in both melee and brawl
I agree. Mikeneko is just an exceptional user of marth, but falco has more potential and excels in many different areas.

Also, I think Mikeneko was either not used to these match-ups or was quite tired, since I didn't see him adapt as quick as he did at apex.

Top Bottom