• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I agree. Mikeneko is just an exceptional user of marth, but falco has more potential and excels in many different areas.

Also, I think Mikeneko was either not used to these match-ups or was quite tired, since I didn't see him adapt as quick as he did at apex.
Marth takes a mental drain on the user, but it honestly didn't seem like he was tired to me. Rather just a difference in the ability to be consistent with his character at an ~equal level in skill and Marth's other flaws. Last time he played Masha that I knew of it came down to last hit and he barely won. This time after even more experience off wifi Masha won in a last hit situation. And considering he had already played Masha in the past there was much less to actually adapt to or rather it was more a Masha had already adapted to Mikeneko's near perfect Marth. He's also probably played SLS at some point in the past at least once so I would say matchup experience isn't the issue with Falco (and he had played Salem, quK, and Kamemushi's ZSSes ----and now Saskaska's).

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Marth as 5th is a joke. He can be 7th or 8th or 9th but 5th is way too high. Falco and Snake are better characters for sure, others - especially ZSS - are also up for debate.

:059:
Yeah and Snake does really place as good as Marth does right now :ace: .
Ally places a lot at local and also said that Snake should be something like 9th. Other than that I never see snake doing work at all.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't care about your opinion on this matter. To the original point [Mikeneko doing what's barely within Marth's possibilities] it's not relevant anyway.

Djent

Smash Champion
I suppose you could argue Marth for 5th if you actually believe the SWF matchup chart. I can't help but feel it overestimates his potential vs. ICs, Falco, Snake, and Diddy; and only maybe underestimates his potential vs. Pika. I don't have the talent or game knowledge to support these opinions well - they're mainly just from watching what happens in tournament over the years. Nonetheless, I agree with M2K and Gheb that Marth is overrated - Falco is definitely better, and Pika/ZSS could be better as well.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So top 7 character in brawl =/= barely allowing to do so. Than give me chars that are not MK, IC's Or Olimar that actually can do it.
Snake, ZSS, Pikachu, DiddyKong(Ok not since Gnes quit & ADHD is in the best region in the world) & Falco

U also have Lucario, Wario & Pit

Also... Every character in this game drains the player 1 way or the other..,. Prob besides MK & Snake. The people who use the characters I mentioned are just the best at managing their stress levels when playing.

MikeNeiko did WORK @ Piosama... & Hell I'd place him above Mr.R... well... I still couldnt say that 1 is better than the other. However to say that this was one of Mikes worst performances is utterly ridiculous. He got 2nd 2 Masha after beating Maguro, Kuroobi, Kamemushi, Nietono and Rain. How often does someone have a resume like that 4 1 Tourney???

& 4 Marths Potential vs Pikachu. We've already seen that alongside vs ZSS.
:sonic:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
He actually got 3rd losing to Sakasaka's ZSS but Mikeneko still did very well.

All of this is very opinionated anyway. Snake, Falco, Marth are all subjective to me cause there are people that prove that these characters can do whatever they want in tourney.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
9B, Akira, Shogun, Kie, Aki, Cross, Kuroobi. It's not gonna be particularly big or stacked.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's strange to see Shu still doing this well against the best MK players when he gets ***** by nearly anybody else. He just can't compete at that level anymore and it makes me sad knowing how good he once was. Dio's the best Snake in Japan now.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I don't care about your opinion on this matter. To the original point [Mikeneko doing what's barely within Marth's possibilities] it's not relevant anyway.

My post is not really an opinion. You should learn what an opinion is before you post like that. Rather that you said that Snake and Falco are better for sure is what I call an opinion. Why? Because you say so without giving any RECENT and USEFULL backup.

It doesn't change the fact that Mikeneko is doing something amazing with a character like Marth, but like Keitaro pointed out Marth is like Falco, Snake or ZSS a character that allows this stuff if the player has the skill to do so.

Djent

Smash Champion
It's strange to see Shu still doing this well against the best MK players when he gets ***** by nearly anybody else. He just can't compete at that level anymore and it makes me sad knowing how good he once was. Dio's the best Snake in Japan now.

Shhh...people might start thinking Snake can actually handle Meta Knight. ;)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Metaknight isn't broken... great players just keep using him

Anti, Rain & Otori are prime examples

You've got so many people that are better with their regular characters over MK

Like Yui, Ally & Masha(Or was that SLS?)

:sonic:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, SLS's MK - while maybe not on the same level as his Falco - is really damn good.

Edit: SLS is in the official sign-up list for the tourney this weekend. Will he actually enter singles? We'll see!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
9B, Akira, Shogun, Kie, busa, Edge, Aki, Cross, Kuroobi, SLS and Earth are people you might have heard of.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
SumabatoX The Results
Brackets image
1: 9B (ICs)
2: Edge (MK)
3: Sigma (Toon Link)
4: Kie (Peach)
5: Satan (Olimar)
5: Komorikiri (Marth & MK)
7: Shogun (Snake & MK)
7: Aki (MK & Falco)
9: J! (Olimar)
9: Kuroobi (MK & Snake)
9: Celice (MK)
9: Enpe (ICs)
13: Cross (Sheik)
13: Gomamugitya (Lucario)
13: Earth (Pit)
13: busa (Snake & DK)
33: SLS (?)

Keitaro

Wow, nice by Sigma!

Wtf did SLS go random??

Re-writing results to attempt to add characters icons to it. If anyone knows the icons for Falco, Marth, and Random please let me know.

1: 9B :popo:
2: Edge :metaknight:
3: Sigma :toonlink:
4: Kie :peach:
5: Satan :olimar:
5: Komorikiri :marthbrawl: :metaknight:
7: Shogun :snake: :metaknight:
7: Aki :metaknight: :falco:
9: J! :olimar:
9: Kuroobi :metaknight: :snake:
9: Celice :metaknight:
9: Enpe :popo:
13: Cross :sheik:
13: Gomamugitya :lucario:
13: Earth :pit:
13: busa :snake: :dk2:
33: SLS :random:

Djent

Smash Champion
9B vs. SLS 1st round of bracket ... lol. And then he lost to Akira (!) in losers' ... tough break.

EDIT: Who sent Edge into losers' ? Whoever it was lost to J! and busa, finishing 17th.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Wow, nice by Sigma!

Wtf did SLS go random??

Re-writing results to attempt to add characters icons to it. If anyone knows the icons for Falco, Marth, and Random please let me know.

1: 9B :popo:
2: Edge :metaknight:
3: Sigma :toonlink:
4: Kie :peach:
5: Satan :olimar:
5: Komorikiri :marth: :metaknight:
7: Shogun :snake: :metaknight:
7: Aki :metaknight: :falco:
9: J! :olimar:
9: Kuroobi :metaknight: :snake:
9: Celice :metaknight:
9: Enpe :popo:
13: Cross :sheik:
13: Gomamugitya :lucario:
13: Earth :pit:
13: busa :snake: :dk2:
33: SLS :random:

:marthbrawl:

edit: after editing it 5 times to try to figure it out, I can't. I am sorry keitaro smashboards OP

:teemo:

Keitaro

Word around the street is Masha says he quit playing Brawl. I guess we'll find out if he really means it as time passes.

Top Bottom