• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
M2K's fairly inconsistent as it seems he plays a lot worse when he's in a bad mood, and he plays like the best player in NA when he's in a good mood.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
M2K thinks Mikeneko is the best Marth in the world and said Mikeneko was winning 40% of the matches they played together.

M2K said Rain beat M2K 60% of the time 2 days ago but M2K beat Rain 80% of the time yesterday.

M2K says he's been ****** Yui no problem.
M2K downloading RAIN, Destroyed Yui w/o downloading and is downloading the rest of Japan....

M2K is going to win APEX 2013

:sonic:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Let me find that post again where I said that Yui could've beaten M2K like a year ago or so but not anymore now! :bee:

:059:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i feel any top japan player can beat me

and i can beat any japan top player

so seriously i could get 1st or last depending on luck, and depending who i fight, and depending if i am playing well or not that day.

i go back and forth with everyone, but besides nietono (and i guess shu but it was just 1 game right when i arrived so idk) i have positive record vs everyone so far, sometimes by a lot and other people by only a little bit. most top top players here i go 60 40 with. a lot of top players i go 60 40 with, while many of them cannot beat me even if we play for hours.

i play about 4 hours a day on average i guess, were often just chilin doing nothing

also i offered to buy nietono a new futon and i am doing that even though in complete honesty, i do not remember anything from that night. in fact, i did not even play smash for about 36 hours after i arrived to japan because it took that long for the hangover to wear off. day 2, well kinda day 1 sicne i arrived there around midnight... anyway the first full day i had in japan was the worst day in my life, i was just in a horrible hangover the entire day. im scared to ever drink again. nietono is friends with me though and all japan players seem to like me a lot so that is good. also they all say thank you after a playing session usually. i am not used to this. usually i do not talk because i am not good being social.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Final update cause I'm too lazy to do anymore.

Also M2K, Shogun, and many Japanese players think Ally is the best in the world:

Mew2King

King of the Mews
im gonna do the lazy copy paste since its my last update for a while probably from where keitaro left off.

i think i can beat 9b for sure.
but i could just as easily lose, for example me and vinnie 3 stock each other in frinelides a lot, altho im worse in frienldies vs ics than i am in tourney, cuz in tourney i try not to get grabbed harder, and in friendlies i dont care as much so i just attack
vex 1 and 2 stocked me in friendlies his ics vs my mk
then in tourney i 3 stocked him at 30 damage lol, same mu same stage
like a bit before sktar
anyway those are all my updates
nietono thinks im best american mk, and i think he said im the best mk, and a lot of japan players think im extremely good
that marth player really is the best marth though, our matches range from me 3 stocking him 3 times, to him 2 stocking me tons of times
so they varied a lot

54 minutes ago
Richard King
Thanks for the interesting updates. Wow at Nietono thinking you're the best MK.

53 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
he says top 3 mks are me rain otori
and rain is better than otori, but i beat rain 60 percent of games in total
rain jv 3 stocked me one game on the first day, but besides that, i dont know if he even 2 stocked me other games, usually its last stock 130 or last stoc 50 when he wins
day 2, for some reason i ***** him, i won like last 4 games in a row, and 2-3 stock a few times
i feel like he was playing worse but tbh, im only saying that because i ***** him.
our average match we go even though
like most of my matches with rain were alost always last stock 130 like 50 percent of the time
but among my wins, i beat him badly half the time, and my losses were not as close
i have this problem vs everyone

51 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
shu shogun and kurrobi beat me so many times that were last stock over 100 damage
if i was able to win close games, id be so much better
i hate being bad at winning close games, but being able to win by many stocks when i do win

43 minutes ago
Richard King
Maybe you're getting too agressive when you're at kill percent
Might need to relax and try to remember what you're opponent may do.
Then punish their faults
You seem to be good at it while winning
But when at last stock you have a lot of trouble

37 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
i think it is a mindset problem
i dont even know. all i know is 70 percent of my losses against everybody is often last stock 100 damage or something like that
maybe not 70 maybe 50 idk you get the idea of what im saying though

36 minutes ago
Richard King
Makes me think you're better than them but they can still beat you in tourney.

35 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
exacty. i think i may be the best player here overall, but only by a small amount, but i could lose to anybody.
i feel i could get 1st or last just as easily!!!
depending on luck, or opponent, or a good day or a bad day, or choking, or just anything!!

34 minutes ago
Richard King
Yeah, it seems like you have a higher chance of getting first than last though.
Now the problem is 9B.

34 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
me, shogun, and most japanese players(according to shogun) think ally is the best in the world though.

34 minutes ago
Richard King
Wow

33 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
altho, i think i am better than anyone if i am playing at 100 percent

33 minutes ago
Richard King
But both Otori and Nietono beat ally.

33 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
but idk how to do that often
yea i know, i mean, its just our opinion, i could totally be wrong
idk if what shogun said is even true
so its just me and shoguns opinion based on what i know so far
shrug

32 minutes ago
Richard King
You should ask Nietono who was harder, you or Ally.

29 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
nietono says rain is best mk in japan then otori. nietono saw me beat rain slightly over half the games, altho we:re pretty even. idk if he thinks im the best mk in the world because of translation problems but he does say top 3 mks are me and rain and otori. that is what he told me

29 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
i think allys the best metaknight on battlefield for sure lol
dude nietonos so random, idk what to think, also idk how ally ***** brood so badly at apex, i cant do it. i 3 stoked him once but thats it, at like 60 damage, but he 2 stock 150d me the match before. the matches are so random!!!! anything can happen!!
i can 3 stock anyone or lose to anyone!!!
=/

27 minutes ago
Richard King
Well all of America is rooting for you bro. You got this.

26 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
i heard america is demonizing me for something i dont even remember

26 minutes ago
Richard King
Haha they thought you were funny, but they want you to win.

25 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
also i saw you are copy pasting this onto smashboards. i guess just copy paste the rest so its easier.

25 minutes ago
Richard King
So much hype from you and status updates.

25 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
well i could easily win
or i could easily get last....

25 minutes ago
Richard King
I don't wanna throw too much info at them lol, they might not read it all.

25 minutes ago
Richard King
I think you should win Sumabato and then you'll feel better

25 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
well just copy paste this last part, cuz im done with updates for a while.

23 minutes ago
Richard King
K, one sec

19 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
nietono says best in japan is rain, himself 2nd, and i forget who was 3rd and 4th but otori was either 3rd or 4th. also another player said 9b was the best but doesnt travel. i have no idea what is true or not i am just relaying the info to you that i was told.

18 minutes ago
Richard King
The heck, why would they not have 9B on their top 3 list?

18 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
cuz he doesnt do anything
hardly ever
hes like that good player that doesnt go to ****, like gluttony
or something, i think. im not 100 percent sure but i believe that is the reason.
yo copy paste the rest of our convo after i said the 9b thing
itll be my last update for a while
just update it to this point.

15 minutes ago
Richard King
K, one sec

13 minutes ago
Jason Zimmerman
il be with vinnie tomorrow and 9b, but im not going to super camp in friendlies, so i might get ****ed up a bit lol
that mu is all about being homo
i wanna test some things out. i came up with new trix vs ics, just small things
i wanna see if they work, the problem is, when i take smash breaks, i often forget things, and have to relearn them

strawhats

Smash Master
m2k, do me a favor and learn to consistently **** ICs and Olimar so you can come back and **** america (then retire from brawl if u so choose a happy man)> also learn how to fight puff in melee(your falco game has improved leaps and bounds. Good **** for repping america. I may not be a brawl player, but i still cheer for u to this day. Go show Japan wuts up.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
M2K in that good ol Hyperbolic TIme Chamber

Yes M2K we are all ROOTING 4 you!!! If you ever get scared bcuz Japan in yellin some gibberish @ you just remember us all yelling "Mew2King" & "USA" like when you were playing against Armada the 2nd time(You still shuddda won that). Your pronlem is that in CLOSE matches you give against certain players. But when you win its bcuz your confident. You can beat EVERY1 @ this tourney!!!

MasterGorf

Smash Cadet
Maybe going to Japan is just what he needed to start dominating again. I imagine him returning with flowing hair, a cape, with the sun behind him and a gamecube controller in his hand.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
because of not attending fc anymore, i did not bring any good melee controller on my travels, so i will have to borrow a melee controller to play japanese players, therefore, i may not be very good.

in brawl, i am using a silver controller but as of past 2 days, i feel it is having problems.

after august i was planning to retire smash regardless or at least, slowly leave smash. i do not think i will come back as good (because by january i will be out of practice) but i could be wrong. the reason is because between sept to december i have saturday college classes, so going to a tournament means skipping college, so i will rarely do this. right now, i am planning to leave the game soon. i came here for fun. if i win any money at srt, i am giving it all to toph because he paid my plane ticket.

i love smash but to be honest i am also really tired of doing this competitively. even now, i am tired of playing, despite only playing 4 hours a day or so. i would rather play with items, ffas, and wacky stages. this is much more fun to me.

i cannot sleep well on the japanese floor because all the beds were taken so i did not get good sleep past 2 days.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Maybe going to Japan is just what he needed to start dominating again. I imagine him returning with flowing hair, a cape, with the sun behind him and a gamecube controller in his hand.
I imagine him coming back with golden hair, teal eyes and saiyin armor

w/ a controller

Mew2King

King of the Mews
a female marth player here has beaten me a few times 20 or 25 percent in total, once today out of 4 or 5 and same result from a few days ago when we played

every japan player is the same difficulty, there is no clear best, but everyone is good

compare this to usa, where there is super top, mid, and low

japan is all good players but its hard to tell who is even better than who

or maybe it is just me, ive been 2 stocked but also 3 stocked everyone here pretty much who i have played with often.

ok im lying when i say everyone is same difficulty, most players havent beaten me any games, but a lot of players here are around same level, which is nothing like the usa, where there are huge skill gaps.

i think this is because they share knowledge with each other. thats just my guess though

3rd thing, controller randomly does not up b when i press it but i cannot figure out why. i may switch if this happens too often. not really important though. i think its getting crappier as i use it more.

vinnie should arrive today, and will be here until august 22nd, since i paid his ticket for that date since staying only 2 weeks instead of 3 weeks would have been 300 dollars more expensive. hopefully he enjoys his trip. if anything i learned me and vinnie can both be pretty meh or pretty insanely good in some games/days, so anything could happen. i hear vinnie has an ice climber ditto weakness though, going even with anti and losing to esam, so idk if he will beat 9b

edit - ok my controller is definitely messed up, this has happened past 2 games 3 times now. probably not coincidence.

to show how random matches are, brood 2 stock high percents me, to lose to a metaknight in the next friendly, then i double 3 stock that mk, then i 3 stock brood, then brood 3 stocks the metaknight. brood also tried to mk ditto me once but i 3 stocked him idk why he did that. everything so far is consistently inconsistent.

on avg i play a few hours a day

The skill gap is probably just due to geography I bet. Japan is about an 18 hour drive from one end of the country to the other. USA is a lot larger. Some parts of the country are so isolated from each other and loosely populated. The midwest for example illustrates that well compared to the rest of the country. It also has an impact on how regularly you get to play people as well.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
one third of japan players are able to take games off me among those i played. both high and top level players have 2 stocked me but also been 3 stocked by me. that is consistent with every single super-top player so far.

i am unsure why i am able to 3 stock everyone but lose to many. vs mikeneko for example he 2 stocked me 3 times in a row and shortly after i double 3 stocked him within 3 or 4 games of each other. nothing is predictible. maybe i am inconsistent? i dont know.

getting off the ledge against marth is impossible, if you nado you get up bd, and if you air dodge on you get grab release spiked and die at 50

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
getting off the ledge against marth is impossible, if you nado you get up bd, and if you air dodge on you get grab release spiked and die at 50
You can get up attack or fake glide to the other side and go back.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i am having controller problems today much worse than a few days ago, i am sure it is not me at this point, i will need a better one.

hmmm this keeps happening, i just won by 3 stock, then lost the next game

i think my confidence is higher if i am winning but i do worse if the game is close. i dont know why i am like this.

Asa

Smash Hero