• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese MK videos *now with Bombsoldier videos*

OverLade

Smash Hero
I figured not a lot of people had seen these due to the view count. They actually play a lot like MKs in the US.

Anyway Im just posting it, so say what you feel like about it. I think they're pretty interesting though I wouldn't say anything concerning their metagame vs. ours.

Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsjlshQbWZg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwsyTcognp0&feature=related

update - Bombsoldiers MK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGR3iCYGcY&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7-ih056-eo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol6Zb8knkMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2O5cpcU1xM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1cZ9ffbdnc

clowsui

Smash Legend
For everybody's information:

Rain is the top Falco main in Japan, which is why his MK style may be a little odd (i.e. because he isn't his main).

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
M2K: You ever decide whether or not you'll ever go to Japan and compete in a big upcoming tournament out there?

It'd be interesting to see your MK play against completely different playstyles outside of the US.

goodkid

Smash Lord
r u goin to Genesis M2K? I bet you'd **** that & bring more EC players, I'll be on that stream closely watchin :p

OverLade

Smash Hero
japanese look better than I thought. I think I'd **** them though

edit - after watching more of it they make a lot of bad decisions at places I'm not going to say, so I know I would **** them now
What do you think of Bombsoldiers Metaknight? No videos of him in dittos, just versus various other players.

Giannis

Smash Cadet
Why do I get the feeling that american/european players don't play that fast?Is it just me?Cause it was like watching a faster version of Brawl....

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol intense battles

out of topic
japanese MK doesnt sound as tough o_o as in the english IMO
he sounds like a regular guy trying to sword fight lol

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
I might post some french mk dittos too within the week, this way you can compare with France too, but I don't think we're as good as US mks.

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Well, on thursday, I'm gonna make a session (is that how you call the fact to make few players come to your place and play?) with lots of good players.
French bests: g&w, zamus, ness, lucas, rob, marth (they are two, one is maining marth and rob, the other mains marth, mk and snake).
Then, I'm pretty sure I'm the best mk, but I'm very close to the marth main who mains mk too, so, I'll try to record a set vs. him this day.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I like BS's recovery. A shame that the way he plays makes it seems like he thinks there's combos in brawl.

Glide attack into boost pivot grab is pretty cool :)

Vel

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that too - though I'm a really bad MK player, I use the tornado to approach or when I'm too far to hit, but close enough to be hit by my opponent (plus its just good for recharging stale moves)

Is there something us noobs are missing, or are the Japanese just neglecting a really great move?

OverLade

Smash Hero
I noticed that too - though I'm a really bad MK player, I use the tornado to approach or when I'm too far to hit, but close enough to be hit by my opponent (plus its just good for recharging stale moves)

Is there something us noobs are missing, or are the Japanese just neglecting a really great move?
A Lot of players simply choose not to use it, whether because they dont feel it's necessary to spam the best move in the game to the win, or because they dont think it's fun to use.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

Look at some of the best US MKs. Mew2King, Teh Spamerer, Dojo, blah blah. From what I've seen they don't spam nado, heh.
ah, so it comes down to personal preference; thanks for clearing that up :)
False, it's usually just not the best option at higher levels of play.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
What is it about the tornado that makes it less desireable at higher levels?

The only flaws I've noticed in it is that it's startup can be interrupted with an attacked, some attacks can go thru it, and the landing can be punished if not done right - other than that, it racks up damage like nothing else

Dojo

Smash Champion
Believe it or not, but it can be punished accordingly by smart players. With learning how to shield it properly, DIing out of it, and select moves that can beat it, the nado isn't always the best option.

There's certain times where it's amazing and hard to get around, but just approaching and trying to rack up alot of damage, doesn't really cut it. High leveled players get around it.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
Response is much appreciated - guess I gotta rethink a few things about my approach/strategy :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Believe it or not, but it can be punished accordingly by smart players. With learning how to shield it properly, DIing out of it, and select moves that can beat it, the nado isn't always the best option.

There's certain times where it's amazing and hard to get around, but just approaching and trying to rack up alot of damage, doesn't really cut it. High leveled players get around it.
This.

Nado is actually a horrible move to approach with. It's far better suited as a punishment move, and at higher percents where it can't be DIed out of as easily. Using it to intercept airdodges etc can be useful, but even then, MK usually has a better option that's also less punishable.

It'll help you a lot in some matchups, but it's not worth using it as a crutch.

Vel

Smash Apprentice
So if it's used primarily to punish, then what options are there for approaching? For Snake/Pit/Falco/Fox, I've been learning to fly over the lasers, but a good player can adjust for that strategy easily

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace

Thank you!

Seriously, people should understand nado just isn't that great of a move against people with half a brain. If anyone thinks otherwise you are a scrub that needs to learn how to punish this move.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't see anything special in Bombsoldier's MK. Short hop->Dair->upair->fair was unique, but nothing worth drooling over.

Thank you!

Seriously, people should understand nado just isn't that great of a move against people with half a brain. If anyone thinks otherwise you are a scrub that needs to learn how to punish this move.
Wrong.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
As soon as I saw Bombsoldier I got excited. Although they look really good, it still looks as though they still think it's melee. I can honestly say most US players would beat these guys.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Thank you!

>_>

Nado is still a great move. It's still the best move in the game.....

You can't just randomly spam it against someone good and honestly hope to get anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's not hard to punish. It takes a lot of practice with some characters to get around nado that's being spammed well. It's not so black and white, it varys from matchup to matchup.

Against GaW using Nado as an offensive move is a huge mistake. Against DK you're likely to get much more promising results.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I think SL is better it kills and grounded has invunerability, and is it dumb of me to want to import a japenese copy of brawl specifically for the Mk voiceovers that i for some reason prefer?

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think SL is better it kills and grounded has invunerability, and is it dumb of me to want to import a japenese copy of brawl specifically for the Mk voiceovers that i for some reason prefer?
SH is one of MKs worst moves to JUST use. It's EXTREMELY punisheable. Shuttle loop by itself has cost me matches, as if people predict it, they can powershield the up animation, jump and do whatever they feel like to MK before his Glide attack animation comes out (Spike/Wario waft, snake Utilt). I think using Shuttle loop on the ground at all is generaly a bad idea.

And Falco has the best Japanese voice. Otherwise it's not worth it.

Nic64

Smash Lord
snake's japanese voice makes me die inside!

and yeah, SL abuse is definitely a bad habit I need to break, I tend to mostly use it out of shield when I know they're open but I still use it at random a bit too much

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
They're okay.

I'm not a fan of their top tiers since American ones are better, but they have some other really cool players like YUI (fox), Li (Ganon), Yone or Yonesuke (Pikachu), and my favorite by a mile, RATS (sonic).

Kite has a pretty good Wario and Disk's marth is alright as well.

When it comes to the Japanese, I like to look for their less commonplace mains :) We have way better Metaknights.

ssbbmania1 has a great channel.

Top Bottom