• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IUBC: The GP Affairs Ep. 4 "We About To Get Squoze on Gravity!""

Jayford

Smash Lord
MY JIGGS WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST. DEAL WITH IT KIDS.

Also, PS3 MvC3 lags on like every stage or if there are like more then 2 things on screen.

LEARN TO PLAY STICKS n000bs.

Also, pads are cheap because you can double block lmao.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
MY JIGGS WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST. DEAL WITH IT KIDS.

Negative Ghost Rider.

Also, PS3 MvC3 lags on like every stage or if there are like more then 2 things on screen.

I don't feel/see it, so it can't be that bad.

LEARN TO PLAY STICKS n000bs.

Sticks are for the nostalgic and the old. Get with the times.

Also, pads are cheap because you can double block lmao.

How you win doesn't matter, as long as you win.
Sov is going to run a train on this tournament. Callin' it now.
Damn right.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Sticks aren't old lol. They let you plink and for certain characters like Zero you pretty much need one to do Z Buster combos.

Also, as much as I am for playing to win and using all methods available, the ability to instantly block any cross up attempt just because you are using a pad is dumb. It gives an unfair advantage to people using a certain control scheme.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Well, guess I'll be buying that ps2>360 adapter. I suggest anyone else playing pad to do the same. 360 pads are absolutely useless. That D-pad is a hell spawn abomination.
Also, I've still never seen this lag that people are talking about. I'm not saying it's not there, but I have never felt/noticed anything like that (outside of online of course) also jayford, did you ever make that wesker blog post?
:phone:

Jayford

Smash Lord
Well, guess I'll be buying that ps2>360 adapter. I suggest anyone else playing pad to do the same. 360 pads are absolutely useless. That D-pad is a hell spawn abomination.
Also, I've still never seen this lag that people are talking about. I'm not saying it's not there, but I have never felt/noticed anything like that (outside of online of course) also jayford, did you ever make that wesker blog post?
:phone:
Haha not yet. I actually found a decent ammount of anti Wesker stuff. I'm gonna start writing in the blog again lol. I'll make the entry either tonight or Sunday. I'll be gone all day Saturday >.>

I might just make it in video form too :D

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Sticks aren't old lol. They let you plink and for certain characters like Zero you pretty much need one to do Z Buster combos.

Also, as much as I am for playing to win and using all methods available, the ability to instantly block any cross up attempt just because you are using a pad is dumb. It gives an unfair advantage to people using a certain control scheme.

Sounds like balance to me.

Dnyce

Smash Master
The first question you should ask is "are pad's reasonably banable?"

Following that, "unfair advantages" are typically considered those give to player 1 and not player 2 (or something along those lines). In this case, both players are able to use a pad as well as any control set-up they choose, thus you should reconsider your argument before coming off as ignorant to people you talk to in the future :awesome:

Say I'm playing brawl and I decide to map every button on a GCN controller to attack. Should I cry the other player has an unfair advantage because they made a better choice in control schemes? IT'S NOT FAIR BECAUSE THE OTHER GUY CAN RECOVER AND I CAN'T!!!!! FEEL BAD FOR ME AND UNDERSTAND/AGREE WITH WHAT I'M SAYING. The ability to shield because you didn't map every button to attack is just dumb. Unfair advantage imo :shyguy:

steep

Smash Lord
HYPE for this!!! Can't wait! I know I'm bringing two people with me, and I might be bringing a third. :D I'll see what I can do for a setup but I've never before had any luck convincing my parents to let me take a tv and a wii, neither of which do I own, so..... We'll see.

EDIT: By saying I don't own them, I mean they were bought with my parents money, not mine. Whereas I bought my xbox 360, I didn't buy the wii.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm coming also.

anybody want to team

steep

Smash Lord
I'm coming also.

anybody want to team
If my buddy doesn't come to this, I have a lot of experience teaming with DK's. You should look me up if neither of us has a partner when we get there. If my buddy does make it, he and I will do dubs. Sorry if that's the case!

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Yeah, I have Sovereign.
Hate to say it, but I might not be teaming with you, because I might not make it, at all. As of right now, you're teaming with Ripple.

After being handed off to my unit I just found out that we have AT Drill which is the 2 week long drill that happens during the summer time. I'm not a happy camper by any means, but this means more money, and more future tournaments, and to make it up to you, Excel, I'll personally come get you from Louisville for the next tournament I attend.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
that was oddly unfortunate and fortunate for me.

anyway, practice up monmon, we going hard

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'll probably show up, very late, but I'll get some friendlies in with the sexy people of the MW.

My AT Drill won't be all day, but I won't make singles or dubs in time. At best I can probably do a few MMs or serious friendlies.

Top Bottom