• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IUBC: The GP Affairs Ep. 4 "We About To Get Squoze on Gravity!""

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Xero gets man-handled by his girlfriend.
You know it.

The Bowser might have been my friend, but maybe not. Because the one we went to beforehand had a decent Bowser there. I wrecked him though. I was disappointed by Ducky not getting top 2 if I recall correctly, but I don't remember if he got 3rd or 4th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCNICT2en_U

Dnyce

Smash Master
K so, I might have problems coming to this... but Imma try everything I can to still make it ;o

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Sorry guys. I'll probably be the lone and only one Indiana player in Antioch for Genesis 2 on this date. Wish I could come.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
oh yeah, count your my ride, 5$ towards gas? meet up somewhere? let's do it, like old times. Sovereign drive by my place, count come by pick us up, then we **** talk all the way until we get to tourney. That leaves 1 more person, who else would want to be picked up? don't expect a free ride either cause u paying dat gas money. So count will I be able to beat you this time in singles? O_O WILL YOU BE ABLE TO DETHRONE ME? i don't think so, i'm still going to win both singles in doubles 1st place for both cause my snake is still alive.

"Edit"

also if you guys aren't getting games in and your walking around not playing your matches, i will drag your *** and DQ you.

Also after the tourney after I win IT, let's all go out to eat or something. "tab on me". YEAH RIGHT I'M BLACK YOU THOUGHT WRONG

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
You've been gone a little bit huh?

Count is coming from Illinoise.
Sov is going and picking up Hades (as far as I know).
Also leave the DQing up to me. :coolmonke

In relevant news, I made a minor stagelist change (I forgot to put castle siege on, lol) and I made a change to the suicide rule (which I've bolded in the rules to make it easier to find).
Essentially, ending the game in a suicide move now resets the match to a 1 stock, 3 minutes rematch (same stage and character).

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I feel so privileged teaming with count because like 5 people have wanted to in thread XD.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Oh man, I get to see Ren TWO WEEKENDS IN A ROW? Sexy. I don't know how I'll do in Brawl but I have to say I've gotten pretty decent at Marvel. I guess an active scene does that to you.

Also Ren, good luck in AE next weekend. Personally I'll be playing Marvel, I haven't touched AE.

EDIT: But seriously though, what system is Marvel on? Nobody ever answered my question. I really hope it's Xbox, because Ducky wants to come and he uses Xbox pad. Also my stick is Xbox and I really like my stick. But if it's PS3 I will need to borrow a stick somehow >_>

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
We need TVs way more for Brawl anyway, we have TVs covered for Marvel.

Speaking of that [size="enormous"]WE NEED SET-UPS! Even just a Wii, if we can get all of Squid's TVs. But BRING TVS PLEASE! Four Set-up tournaments are never fun![/size]

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Ducky is having the same issue this weekend except in reverse. Pad players seriously need converters or should invest in a stick. I invested in a stick for a damn good reason! It helped my execution and looked sexy at the same time.

I should be able to bring a wii, we'll make sure Brawl works on it beforehand.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Learn a stick!
Negative Ghost Rider, the brain capacity for learning another controller style is full.

Ducky is having the same issue this weekend except in reverse. Pad players seriously need converters or should invest in a stick. I invested in a stick for a damn good reason! It helped my execution and looked sexy at the same time.

I should be able to bring a wii, we'll make sure Brawl works on it beforehand.
Maybe it's the stick players that should convert back to pad, and quit trying to be sexy.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
^^ agree with sov. i was going to bring a PS3 setup, but i guess not anymore... just a brawl one. wii and TV... i'll bring the PS3 and Marvel/TV just for ****s and giggles though

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Maybe it's the stick players that should convert back to pad, and quit trying to be sexy.
And suffer the same problems as pad players? :/ Stick players can play on any platform (even on arcade), and use controls they are familiar with. I'm not saying playing on pad is bad or anything, and it really doesn't matter here because it's a side-event. But I assume most serious pad players have a converter, or are capable of playing on both.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
^^ agree with sov. i was going to bring a PS3 setup, but i guess not anymore... just a brawl one. wii and TV... i'll bring the PS3 and Marvel/TV just for ****s and giggles though
I'll bring a PS3 setup for Marvel, if you do. I even have Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter AE.

And suffer the same problems as pad players? :/ Stick players can play on any platform (even on arcade), and use controls they are familiar with. I'm not saying playing on pad is bad or anything, and it really doesn't matter here because it's a side-event. But I assume most serious pad players have a converter, or are capable of playing on both.
I just can't function with a stick. I get flustered when I input a wrong direction or jump because I went too high when trying to initiate a DP-style input. It's simply not for me, like many people that would agree with me. My brother has an arcade-styled pad controller, and he loves it.

Top Bottom