• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

clowsui

Smash Legend
Skribble I won't bother you about it any more if you answer me I swear XD;

Are you gonna get your controller to someone who's actually going to the tourney =D

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
No one in dayton is going sorry, i cant get it off but i will be going to champs. You can get it then if you are able to wait. i dont know anyone that i can get to to grab it cuz i have to way to get anywhere.

now that everyone is gone i feel alone :(

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
What r this madness? a dayton thread....FOR SINCLAIR!??!?! lol jp....para.... you need to put my quote in your sig...

[Edit] Hi Scrbz

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Today was a tad depressing, I'm gonna have to add to my bag of tricks before next time (and spend less time getting lost).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I will MM scribz at the next tourney, if it's even close then he's not good. I am trash lol, if trash can touch a 5th ranked player then he's clearly not that good

Inui logic, but the point still stands =)
Well ****, it sounds like we need to redo all these Ohio power rankings then! I mean, I've beaten Capem in friendlies, and come really close to beating him in tournies (he admits I only lost our 1st match at WnB after I SDed, and that it all went downhill after that.), done decently against Nope (though that was a while ago), brought Samurai Panda to last stock last hit in tourny matches, done the same for Ally in an incomplete MM at C4, come pretty close against both Infern and Smash64 in MMs (though I have consistently lost and made infern much richer), lost against YbM by a margin that wasn't very big (got ***** the first game, and only lost the second because I SDed when I was about 130% up), and my games with Sliq were very close, despite my not knwoing the matchup.

Clearly, since I am a bad player (I have a terrible tourny record after all, and as such, I agree to being bad), they must all suck as well, right?

Also, how dare you guys leave Shugo out of that list!

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL i see your point, i concede idiocy
all i know is that i'm pretty pissed that people think i have absolutely zero chance against someone and that this person deserves to be on the power rankings based on how he destroys people in friendlies and his results in two tournaments, i thought people were smarter than that -__-

anyways fromundaman you aren't going to the next circuit? wtf?
fizzle, you're not going? paradigm? etc.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
LOL i see your point, i concede idiocy
all i know is that i'm pretty pissed that people think i have absolutely zero chance against someone and that this person deserves to be on the power rankings based on how he destroys people in friendlies and his results in two tournaments, i thought people were smarter than that -__-

Meh, I'd rather be underestimated than overestimated, for in the end, a win is a win, no matter what excuse there may be (which is why I suck.).

Also, as much as I'd love to go, between my new job, daily problems popping up, not spending all my time away from my GF playing videogames, and being broke, going there might be tough.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
What r this madness? a dayton thread....FOR SINCLAIR!??!?! lol jp....para.... you need to put my quote in your sig...

[Edit] Hi Scrbz
I'll add it if you can tell me it again verbatim. I hate quoting if I don't do it exactly right. Just post it and I'll replace my current sig with it.

clowsui said:
The people I used to get rides (ie, a few members of SODA) with have gradually lost more and more interest in Brawl since it came out. Consequently I don't really have any rides. Should I (that is, Dayton) not be to far out of the way for someone else going I will most definitely want to come along and be willing to pay my share of the gas monies. Nope's crew has to pass through Dayton on their way to Cinci - that's how I got to the cinci tournaments I've been to. If you're passing by Dayton on the way to a tourney and have a seat you lemme know. I *really* want to go, it's just my car situation is going to be fuzzy until the fall or so. (And even if it wasn't, I really don't like driving - not to mention I'm just plain bad at it. I can space tippers like a beast but I can't get a feel for where the right side of the car is...)

clowsui said:
all i know is that i'm pretty pissed that people think i have absolutely zero chance against someone ... based on how he destroys people in friendlies and his results in two tournaments, i thought people were smarter than that -__-
I believe the amount of smashing I've had with Scribble (both friendlies and tourney) is sufficient for me to have a solid grasp how good he is. I know from friendlies what he can do and I know how it relates to how he does in tourneys (ie, how much he chokes or how much he buckles down, etc).

I don't have as good of an idea of where you're at; I haven't had dozens upon dozens of matches with you as I have with him. However, everything I've seen from you - including friendlies we've had and tourney matches I've watched you do - tells me you're not at his level. Not unless you've improved *immensely* since C4. We may be closer in skill - you probably have more experience with your tourney-viable characters then I do with mine - but you and I both have a ways to go to have a reasonable chance against Scribble in a normal MM. I'm waiting for him to get confident with his one-handed play so I can challenge him to a one-hand-vs-one-hand MM. Or maybe if he is limited to non-MK characters... I think I'm pretty close to most of his others, or getting there. Just not a normal MM.

I really don't require any more knowledge to make that judgment call. It's pretty clear cut. Nothing to be upset about. If you disagree and think you may have a chance it's easy to test, lol.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Actually me and fromundaman have started a really good doubles record though. we need to both be at more tournies so we can continue to place well in that :)

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Is there a link to this pr that we're talkin about?
Anyways, i have a car but im not quite sure about availability.
Just tell me whats up and i'll see what we can work out.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Not sure why I didn't think of asking you to riding us to tournies O: Adam is awesomes <3

Midwest tourney threads are available here:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

There's one this Saturday in C-bus. Not to bad a drive:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208631

Although in that thread they're talking about how they've reached capacity and we may not be able to go.

I think the next circuit one is this one the week after Saturday:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231335

It's in Athens, which is quite a bit more but since it's a circuit the good people should go... although I don't see big non-Ohio names like Samurai Panda and Ally on the preregister'd list. They were at the last circuit? Hmm.

I just found those by looking at the midwest tourney thread for a few minutes; there's probably other worthwhile options I didn't see. There'll be a tourney in Springfield late next month which I'm totally pumped for.

Don't feel pressured to give us rides or anything but it'd be very, very appreciated should you be able too.

Also gimme something to quote.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah. Paradime spams tippers. Seriously, he doesnt even use f-air to approach... He just comes at you with tippers.. Its scary really...

Anywho, thinking a little deedper into this i only have room for 1 person lol... But idk i'll only go to more local stuff if any

clowsui

Smash Legend
SKRIBBLE IF HE CAN COME GIVE PARADIGM YOUR CONTROLLER, I WILL GIVE HIM 10$

Paradigm I SWEAR if you come to this with this kid bring Skribbz controller if he gives it to you

Paradigm

Smash Ace
lol Clowsui I'll be glad to help, should the option arise. Although I'm not sure what Adam considers "local"... the Dayton area has pretty much has no worthwhile tournies. The closest we'll get is Springfield or C-bus. And since The C-bus tourney looks full for the moment it may be a bit before the next one. Alas.

clowsui

Smash Legend
2 hours 23 mins - Dayton to Athens
1 hour 17 mins - Dayton to Columbus

It's only an hour more =D

However if you do drive to Wings and Brew and you do get a chance to grab Scribs' controller I will enlist e_ and Tyr in getting the controller for me...I'll pay them back after they pay you, no worries.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Well Wings and Brew is already full. Even e_ may not get in, he is being waitlisted.

It's almost five hours there-and-back to/from Athens, I don't wanna push my luck with Adam's offer.

It'd be nice to go to a tourney sooner, but if nothing else I'll ensure I get to the Springfield tourney late next month. It's like 40min away; if Adam can't go I may be able to convince one of the SODA drive since it's so relatively close even though it's Brawl. If nothing else I can nag Wakka to pick me up.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'll add it if you can tell me it again verbatim. I hate quoting if I don't do it exactly right. Just post it and I'll replace my current sig with it.

The people I used to get rides (ie, a few members of SODA) with have gradually lost more and more interest in Brawl since it came out. Consequently I don't really have any rides. Should I (that is, Dayton) not be to far out of the way for someone else going I will most definitely want to come along and be willing to pay my share of the gas monies. Nope's crew has to pass through Dayton on their way to Cinci - that's how I got to the cinci tournaments I've been to. If you're passing by Dayton on the way to a tourney and have a seat you lemme know. I *really* want to go, it's just my car situation is going to be fuzzy until the fall or so. (And even if it wasn't, I really don't like driving - not to mention I'm just plain bad at it. I can space tippers like a beast but I can't get a feel for where the right side of the car is...)

I believe the amount of smashing I've had with Scribble (both friendlies and tourney) is sufficient for me to have a solid grasp how good he is. I know from friendlies what he can do and I know how it relates to how he does in tourneys (ie, how much he chokes or how much he buckles down, etc).

I don't have as good of an idea of where you're at; I haven't had dozens upon dozens of matches with you as I have with him. However, everything I've seen from you - including friendlies we've had and tourney matches I've watched you do - tells me you're not at his level. Not unless you've improved *immensely* since C4. We may be closer in skill - you probably have more experience with your tourney-viable characters then I do with mine - but you and I both have a ways to go to have a reasonable chance against Scribble in a normal MM. I'm waiting for him to get confident with his one-handed play so I can challenge him to a one-hand-vs-one-hand MM. Or maybe if he is limited to non-MK characters... I think I'm pretty close to most of his others, or getting there. Just not a normal MM.

I really don't require any more knowledge to make that judgment call. It's pretty clear cut. Nothing to be upset about. If you disagree and think you may have a chance it's easy to test, lol.
Nice avatar.hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Nice avatar.hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Thanks. I figured it was appropriate.

clowsui said:
digm tyr is going to be there, so again, the controller, if you could and if skribble agrees =)
Sure thing. Next tourney I go to I'll give you a heads up before hand to make sure you know someone there - if you won't be there yourself - and I'll ask for Scribble's controller. It's not exactly a lot of extra work for me and I'm always happy to help.

wakka said:
ive always got your back digm =D
assuming my cars running and so on lolol
happyface

Oh, also - Fanfan, thanks for the cookies! It sucks we got redirected around so it took longer and less time for smash etc etc.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Okay... I'm a nub i know... what's up with this "controller"? Is it a real control or what? I'm assuming that's what it is but....y'never know with you guys....

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Clowsui wants to buy one of Scribble's extra gamecube controllers - the good silver one he typically lets people at Sinclair borrow who don't bring their own controllers.

I'd prefer he didn't sell since other then Scribble and myself most of the people who smash at Sinclair don't bring their own. We were forced to use the crappy third party one Wednesday even with Scribble's good silver one - we'll be short without it.

Additionally, it's always useful to have a fallback controller if his main white one breaks.

Still, he wants to sell. *shrug*

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i have another 2 controllers i dont bring one of which works well. the black one i used to have plus ima use the money i get from clowsui to help get another white one or something like that

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
OH and i just realized that you arent displaying your main....

and i think my main is either gonna be "You're too slow" or Punch. Not sure yet...

But idk, i have no want to brawl online anymore and im losing interest in the game.... well kinda... but i still like offline play....

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
OH and i just realized that you arent displaying your main....

and i think my main is either gonna be "You're too slow" or Punch. Not sure yet...

But idk, i have no want to brawl online anymore and im losing interest in the game.... well kinda... but i still like offline play....
Wow... Another Sonic main in Ohio? I really need to learn to play against him...

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Oh yeah I forgot to ask yesterday/wednesday.
How were the cookies? I could have done better but the kitchen aid thing we have always makes subpar cookies. Our mixer broke last week :<

I got my white one off ebay. Should you do the same, be wary - if it doesn't have the word "Nintendo" on the controller itself it's junk.
Mine's 3rd party but it works really well :B

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Wow... Another Sonic main in Ohio? I really need to learn to play against him...
I don't think he mains sonic. He plays a lot of characters... not sure who he mains. IMO his best character is fox. His sonic definitely isn't bad. Despite the fact I usually win, it's probably my most frustrating match up. It's like playing a projectile spamming character... except the character is the projectile. I can't approach 'cuz apparently I'm too slow, and I can never time a proper interception. Really frustrating. I have no idea how I end up winning. Just spam tippers I guess.

thefanfan said:
Oh yeah I forgot to ask yesterday/wednesday.
How were the cookies? I could have done better but the kitchen aid thing we have always makes subpar cookies. Our mixer broke last week :<
I sat there munching on the cookie trying to decide what I thought about it and I couldn't come to a conclusion. It wasn't super amazing, nor horrible, nor anything in between. I know I enjoyed it, that much is definite.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Well i did main sonic in da beginning, then dk, then fox, then falcon, then fox... Im hopinv to main random soon :]

Top Bottom