• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Cookie matches for a bag of 5 cookies. Nothing for me if I win cause I won't win ever since I fail at barlw.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Can't. No gas, no money for gas, no money for parking, and no desire to drive downtown. Also school.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yes I second that motion from what Infern says.

Wooster demands matches!

Psh, by Wooster, you mean you right?

No offense, but you are by far the best of your crew, and probably the only one who could win cookie matches against the likes of Scribs and Infern.

Also, Dayton, start heading to tournies. Find a car or something, because everyone else is going to them and progressing drastically (Sfield has gotten REALLY beastly, and Infern ***** now.), and while I don't know how much you guys have improved, but you're going to find everyone has gotten much, much better...

Also, I need a doubles partner.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I'd go to more tournies if I had a ride. Even if I don't have money to enter, it'd be nice to be there and play friendlies.

Also, I have some chocolate chips. If I'm there next monday I will have chocolate chips in the pb cookies. I might be in a bad mood though.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I have four days of school left and I was supposed to be taken out of my government class for an independent study so I could actually graduate. They changed their minds last week and decided I'd do this paper thing to raise my third quarter grade. Can't do the paper unless I've got the rubric for it, and they have yet to give it to me.
I'm an A B student who's not going to graduate because of an unreasonably difficult teacher that I have for a required class.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
**** Fanfan, that sucks hard!

Also, Dayton people, I now have internet, so I want at least some Wifail matches with you guys! (And that way we can practice our team tactics Scrubz.)

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Also, Dayton, start heading to tournies. Find a car or something, because everyone else is going to them and progressing drastically (Sfield has gotten REALLY beastly, and Infern ***** now.), and while I don't know how much you guys have improved, but you're going to find everyone has gotten much, much better...
You of all people underestimating Dayton? You'll know how much better we've gotten at the MCW Champs.

btw, I now know the first step I need to take to destroy eveyone; I'm gonna pick up at least 50% of the cast over the summer. I probably won't use most of them (barring friendlies)....ever, but I'm just going to assume you guys can figure out why this is still a practical way to improve. Dayton is pretty good at being smart as far as I know even though we're 0-1 in grammar battles:ohwell:

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
we've all improved alot too, mostly in mental ways, at least for me. and playing a bunch of characters is one way i got good. so thats a good idea fizz. also if your code is the same as it was before i already have it registered. ill play some wifail with you at some point

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Scribz, we need to wiFail. Hit me up aon AIM when u get the chance and we'll play sum

[Edit] Oh yeah guys, this is xiammes, he's from VGDistrict.com..... i guess i brought him here?

Xiammes

Smash Cadet
I lurk here, never post really
it would be more convenient on weekends.
won't be a problem in a year tho.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Dayton has improved but honestly I don't think it's sufficient to keep up with active tourney peoples. There's only so much we can do with a limited number of people. Still, we've definitely improved. I'm getting pretty confident in a number of matchups, and it's evident Scribble is approaching the game differently - he's a lot less vulnerable to things he used to fall for.

I'd want to join you guys on wifi, but even if my disk wasn't scratched and occasionally crashes on me I'd probably get pissed off at the latency. Brawl plays slow enough without additional network lag.

Xiammes - the Dayton smash scene will be quite different in a year. Scribble and I will be gone. We may change up the time/days we smash for the summer, though, which may work better for you.

Scribble was tearing me apart today, and it wasn't like I didn't know the matchup or the character or some weird Brawl tech. It was 'cuz he was blatantly better then me. I wants sooo much more of that, that's what I play competitive games for. Scribble, keep that **** up bro. If you see me grinding my teeth in frustrating 'cuz you're reading me like a book, it means I'm having fun.

Also also, as if the Marth boards heard my grinding teeth there's a nice post about Marf v MK I'm going to use against you next time. A few ideas there I'm ashamed I didn't think of, like ducking the tornado. You always do it just high enough to cut my pretty blue hair - I should just duck, duh. Also usmash can go through nado on the side? Weird stuff, lots to try out.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm sure you all have, and I'm not trying to underestimate you guys, I'm just saying you won't improve as much as you could if you don't find a way to get to tournies.

For example, since I've gotten to Akron, I've pretty much been playing only once every week or two, but every time I have played it's been at tournies, and I feel I've improved much more than I ever have before (although in different ways).

Basically, I just want to mottivate you guys to get out there, get some tourny wins, and rep Dayton!

clowsui

Smash Legend
you guys should always remember that cincinnati has only been improving because our tournament attendance has been consistent....

i am basically trash because i haven't played in 3 weeks, don't own a wii (thus no wifi even), and i don't go to tournaments 'cept maybe once a month and i haven't reached the point where i think about the game in a way which allows me to place well. i've hit the "slow" part of the growth curve, I think...

Xiammes

Smash Cadet
I never heard of anything smash in dayton(except the library plays melee sometimes.)
ever So I just played online lol.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Fromundacycle, we'd go to tournies if we could \:

Also anyone know what a "stun jacket" is?

Also also I'm thinking of picking up Falco. Apparently Falco covers most of Marf's bad matchups. Then again I don't really like camping. Iuno, I'll give him a try next time we meet. I'll probably get frustrated and go back to Marf.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Fromundacycle, we'd go to tournies if we could \:

Also anyone know what a "stun jacket" is?

Also also I'm thinking of picking up Falco. Apparently Falco covers most of Marf's bad matchups. Then again I don't really like camping. Iuno, I'll give him a try next time we meet. I'll probably get frustrated and go back to Marf.
Well, there is always Greyhound... I did it when I was in Dayton a few times...

Is that kind of like Ike's Iron Jacket?

Hmmm... I personally don't like Falco's style, but I have seen that Falco doesn't have to camp to be effective (Champ's Falco has gotten really beastly now (nearly beat OS their first match, then SDed twice and it all went downhill from there, Especially when OS used ROB.) and doesn't camp at all. It's mainly Dthrow, Dair, Jab cancels (which are too good!), Dacus, sideB, and Bair.). Still not sure if he'd be what you're looking for, but he would make a good secondary.

I've actually picked up a couple new characters too since I left (and... some are higher on the tier list! WHAT?!), though here's the main problem: They STILL don't cover my bad matchups... Still, they help enough that I've actually pulled them out and won/nearly won matches in tournies.

Top Bottom