• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

clowsui

Smash Legend
Stun jacket is just a jacket you get from countering after you miss with the counter
It's useful really only in doubles + db1 grab trick
I don't remember who made a thread on it...maybe 3xSwords
Anyways just stick w/ Marth only if you dislike camping...Falco has a heavy camper's game though you can refrain from camping if you want to, it's just more difficult (way more)
I've taken Capem to close games with my non-campy Falco though it's only on FD and SV >_>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Stun jacket is just a jacket you get from countering after you miss with the counter
It's useful really only in doubles + db1 grab trick
I don't remember who made a thread on it...maybe 3xSwords
Anyways just stick w/ Marth only if you dislike camping...Falco has a heavy camper's game though you can refrain from camping if you want to, it's just more difficult (way more)
I've taken Capem to close games with my non-campy Falco though it's only on FD and SV >_>
So does it have the same effect as Ike's Iron Jacket? (I know if Ike misses a counter, the target of the counter gets increased KB resistance until it attacks/gets attacked.)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
lol okay you keep thinking that ducking will help. it wont im sure =p
Im always gonna think of a way around anything you guys can come up with XD
Everyone knows to expect car johns from me as to why I dont go to tourneys....

para its hard for me to play seriously all the time since i need constant competition to play that way. id have to play only you or adam or else id lose focus since i can beat everyone else one-handed.
another thing if i complain alot im not sandbagging (at least not anywhere as much as usual) those tippers on delfino does piss me off
my biggest weakness is getting pissed off cuz then im very aggressive and space poorly and do reckless things. But im working on either 1:not getting pissed or 2: calming down quick so i dont **** **** up more

adam i dont have your aim
also im not leaving till im done with sincalir which will be at LEAST one full year
then im moving to cinci

david im available tonight about 10pmish we can play then

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Aww, I guess I understand.

You can find adam's aim by clicking on the little AIM dude under his post count. Same with mine.

Also I thought you were leaving earlier but I guess not.

At the next tourney I play you at I'ma open by chaintippers just to piss you off, lol. The the rest of the match will be set.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
XD i gonna try to not let that happen. i forgot about the aim thing as i have one too XD i just never get on unless im told to lol
i also read that post and it has some good things that im gonna watch out for. Also there was another mk v marth thread that had alot of information but its prolly buried somewhere

and by badmatchups you mean mk right?
the others are just a little bit hard but much more easily winnable.
I feel falco must be camptastic to do anything to mk.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
also im not leaving till im done with sincalir which will be at LEAST one full year
I've got a scholarship to Sinclair, and I'll be going starting this fall. I'm actually being awarded the scholarship tonight.
And yay, I'll have people to play smash with offline~

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I've got a scholarship to Sinclair, and I'll be going starting this fall. I'm actually being awarded the scholarship tonight.
And yay, I'll have people to play smash with offline~
Lucky. I'm stuck in this dead end high school for another two years. Then, hopefully, I'll be off to Ohio University to join OUGA. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably end up at Sinclair myself. xD

Oh hey, I forgot to mention. I may be there on Monday, as I also have no school. Should show up around noon, when should I tell my parents to pick me up?

Paradigm

Smash Ace
After reading through the Marth v MK thread I'm totally pumped to try the new stuff. I don't expect to alluvasudden start crushing Scribble but it looks like it'll help immensely. Grab release -> Dash attack is going to become a staple of mine, me thinks. Apparently it's easy to do and it freshens up other moves.

I'm not completely sure Sinclair will be open on Monday. If it is and we smash as usual, I usually leave at about 5:00PM and I think Scribble leaves at about 6:00PM when the school closes. Probably best to be picked up no later then 6:00PM.

Edit: Just checked
http://www.sinclair.edu/services/registration/dates/spring/

It's closed. No dice.

Sorry FanFan, Peppy.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
YESSSSSSSS no school AND no work
that means i can see ashley :)

*super happy scribble*

it does suck that there is no where to smash. If we can find somewhere, id prolly be in

no infern im not a real DJ, but i do mix songs alot on my pc
id learn but i dont have the time

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
We should all show up at someone's house and play smash, since Sinclair's closed.
Not mine, my mom would freak if a bunch of guys showed up here to play games.

Also, mostly irrelevant but still Sinclair related: I got my scholarship today~ 8D

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
U guys should come to Cinci and lose your money to us in MM and crew battles
isnt this the DAYTON weeklies thread? lol jp

I feel honored to be considered "good" cuz its funny now that i'm playing offline, my online game is terrible. But i guess thats what I get for having >9000 mains...

also... new main.... pika, after how I played against scribz i think i really like the character...idk.......

still.........i like maining link and falcon too :]

and I lol'd at you post para.... every character in brawl is campy.... I told you that....

oh and i should be good to play online if someone else wants to

[Edit] I'm at sinclair for a lil while today if anyone is coming.....but like till 9 50 ish so hurry

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
im off work friday this week i think id be able to travel somewhere fairily close to play if someone wants to.
infern id love to go to cinci but its gonna be hard getting down there.
david i need a better way of getting ahold of you

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I figure learning a character from scratch should be more help than perfecting the few that I can play sort of well (which I still plan to do).

Scribbz you need to see the lain vs judge match if from the OUGA event if you haven't yet. When he, whoever was commentating (it sounds like Panda to me), describes the type of mk Judge plays, I thought it matched you dead on.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1552512

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I doubt I'll be there this week either, but I haven't been neglecting my game in the mean time. I've been working on Lucario, my Wolf's imporved a bit, and my Snake is.....quite possibly a little worse.

I should be back the first week of June. After that, school will be out, and I should have no obligations on Monday or Wednesday (hopefully we don't change the days around too much). If the MWC Champs are on the 20th then that will give me 2 weeks of serious business Dayton practice.

btw my Oli sucks; I'm gonna hold off on him until I can ask Psin/Hilt for a little help.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
SO I got 2 new controllers. One's orange the other is silver. from what I can tell they work fairly nice.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You know Clowsui, there's these things they call gaming stores, and they just happen to sell controllers. Gamestop, for example, would be a great place to get a controller.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm with Clowsui. A decent Nintendo-brand GC controller in good condition is quite hard to find without going online. No Gamespot in the Dayton area sells them, for example (at least non did when I looked around). The only places that do are used stores which bundle them with a gamecube, or they're in such bad shape that they're useless for competitive smash.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That sucks... My BUFU controller came from Gamestop... Actually, my other one did too, until *SOMEONE* took it (Lol, j/k, I gave it to you after all.).
Guess Akron just sells non-crappy non-3rd party controllers?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Psh... You dayton people, always feeling oppressed and neglected because no one loves you. Well guess what? YOU'RE RIGHT!
*throws paradigm food*

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
4 of my 6 good controllers came from game stop.....(the *** mote, the black one, and both purples) there was a crappy 3rd party that sucks and my white one

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
4 of my 6 good controllers came from game stop.....(the *** mote, the black one, and both purples) there was a crappy 3rd party that sucks and my white one
(They're just whining. It's a reaction caused by their envy of how awesome we are.)

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Well I got em both at game crazy.... but here's a kool note. I have an old busted up nintendo brand one....so I'm thinking about taking its cord and splicing it to the new orange one....so like.... a good size cord... whatcha think?

Also. If para or scrib want to get on aim we could wifail...or anyone else for that matter

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Well, they are nintendo brand... both the new ones and the old broken one.

Would they allow it in tournies?

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Well, they are nintendo brand... both the new ones and the old broken one.

Would they allow it in tournies?

[Edit] Oh drat...i double posted.... lol

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Waaah back before my white controller when I was looking around I checked the Gamecrazies in the Dayton area (all three of them): no Nintendo GC controllers. You crazy Adam making up stories about controllers.

About allowing it in tournies - you mean the spliced wire? I don't see any problems with it. Heck, technically it means your inputs will get to system *that* much slower. Disadvantage, lol.

If you meant third-party controllers: I've heard arguments against controllers which have macro capabilities, but other then that I highly doubt anyone would care.

Also glad to see smashboards isn't just picking on me with the double posting shenanigans.

Also also I'm feeling pretty horrible today; I think it's the weather pressure changes something something. Anyways if it doesn't let up tomorrow I may have to skip smashings.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
omg <3 ballerina marf. Twinkletoes, I choose you! New favorite approach: Twirly to tipper. Quite punishable, but soooo satisfying. I expect this may change when I can consistently twirly > bait > dash away > punish

Clowsui/Beegs/whoever:

I understand (in theory anyways) how to *get* the stun jacket: successfully trigger the counter, but don't actually hit the opponent.

But what does it do?

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
ARE YOU READY FOR THE FURRRYYYYYY????????!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?1one?~!?!?@?!?~?~??@$#@!$?#@!%@

Lol

[Edit] Further showingzzz

^lol thats my toe

Top Bottom