• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

Hey Beegs, if you do end up going to these at some point, any chance you could shoot me a PM to pick me up on the way? (I think it's kind of on the way isn't it?) I'd pay for my share of gas obviously.

Also, Scribs, you need to get a tourny hosted in Dayton (even if it's just a house tourny.). I think there would be people willing to go down if you did.
Yea, I can do that. That's really not a big problem. Just gonna need help with gas.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yea, I can do that. That's really not a big problem. Just gonna need help with gas.
Awesome, thanks! For gas, that'll be no problem.

Yay!

(1) I can get revenge against Fromundamyster for what he did to me at the last big tourney

(2) I haven't played with Beegs since Melee, 'n that needs to change
You can always try anyway :laugh:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yay!

(1) I can get revenge against Fromundamyster for what he did to me at the last big tourney

(2) I haven't played with Beegs since Melee, 'n that needs to change
As for 1.

Pick Marth
Camp with FAirs
Space and play footsies with Nair, DTilt
Punish with DB
If you shield something and he's in range UpB
Take the ledge whenever he's off stage
If he's above you mixup with NAir, Bair and UAir for juggle - Nair if you think he'll AD, UAir if you think he'll drill and BAir if you think he's just gonna float or for punishing if he ADs at the wrong time
Kirby is basically dead meat with that playstyle

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm glad I don't have to worry about my main, cause you can't go wrong with lol (Lots of Lucario). It'll be nice to play you guys again next time my schedule opens up. Oh, that reminds me, I may have injured my back just badly enough to be exempted from practice for part of the next week. If that's the case, but I'm still well enough to walk the two miles to SCC then, I'll be there on Monday. I call for melee. :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Clowsui, I'm not playing Kirbz vs Marth anymore. Found a somewhat effective secondary that I enjoy, so I use it instead. Good plan otherwise though... Marth is a *****.

Lol Para, your new main doesn't have a large advantage against me, if that's what you meant. Otherwise, well, good thing there are CPs ;)
(In fact, want to turn this into a $1 MM just for the hell of it?)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sure, but only Brawl!
(I need to start getting practice winning serious matches :laugh: . Oh, and Lucario gets the secondary too.)

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL fromundaman you'd better hope it's not weak to falco or sheik, i play marth against you because i know your kirby is your best character

in fact i'll STILL play marth against you even if it's ddd, i need to learn to beat that penguin anyways

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
No... but it turns out this char's worst matchup is still Marth... God**** you guys...
Still, I could always get you on a CP with Kirby if you go Falco or Shiek (and trust me, you don't want to play either vs Kirby.).

Also, I hate Falco with an unexplainable passion...
Still, this character's too much fun to drop, and it still does better than Kirby...

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'll form my own opinions of the matchup thank you very much...

I still haven't played Falco v. Kirby ever, so I'll see how bad it is, I guess

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll form my own opinions of the matchup thank you very much...

I still haven't played Falco v. Kirby ever, so I'll see how bad it is, I guess
Jeez... so hostile. I didn't mean it as an insult...

Also, hadn't you done Falco vs Kirby against YbM? I thought that was why you didn't want to try it against me.
(TBH, it's not unwinnable, but it's not a great matchup.)

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Fizz, if that Melee MM is open to anyone I'm interested. I just need a sizable heads up to warm up my Melee. I don't think anyone else in Dayton would take you up on it, anyways.

Not sure if I'm doing any Brawl MM's 'till I've settled on what fscking character I want to main. In the ~2 weeks or so I've been considering other mains I not played any (non-plus) Brawl at all. If I MM now it'll probably be with the three Sami I've been using.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
ill still play vbrawl if peeps wanna im gonna be usin a lot more wario, marth and pika and snake, in case meta gets the boot im switching mains to wario and snake for marth and pika for d3. other than that wario is all good.

lol i counterpicked marth against a ddd at c4 and broke his shield twice in one match lol <3 shieldbreaker

~who wants a mm vs meta?

~**** bowser

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lol, Bowser is your weakness!

Also, I'm starting to think I need a CP for Sonic... Supposedly the matchup is close to even, but it doesn't feel that way at all... I feel so ****ing slow. I can beat or come really close to beating almost everyone else here (BBoy and ArgentStew are better than me, so they beat me most of the time, though we come close, and Byaa! is supposed to be better, but he plays MK and I've yet to play him, but I just can't touch ITT, and all 3 of the previous go even or beat him on a regular basis...), but Sonic ***** my **** hard. I must be doing something wrong, because as it is now, it's about as bad as I do vs Marth... maybe worse...

Sure, I'll MM you scribz. I owe you an MM anyway. I'm just trying to get better at playing serious matches (and I'm starting to get there.).

Oh, and Clowsui, wrong on both counts (though Pika is pretty fun. Is he bad vs Marth too?).

clowsui

Smash Legend
Pika is 6:4 vs marth
marth has good matchups vs everyone cept like ddd and snake and mk...goes even or 6:4 against them

Hmm is it TL? he's fun too

sonic is difficult if you don't know how to fight him...i am bad vs sonic too and marth is supposed to be good against him
just keep playing against itt and you will learn how to fight most sonics

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Im still waiting for yall to come play ive been driving myself insane trying to play super kaizo mario and i wanna be the guy. I wanna brawl but the com wont cut it.
Ive only played one sonic ever and that was anthers. I did alright i guess but theres alot of crap i didnt know he could do. Also my sonic has gotten fairily good now for some reason lol. Now if i could only learn that fatass bowser i could use everyone decently.
yea marth is hard for pika unless your anther lol. I really think pika v meta isnt that bad for pika at all, maybe even close to even or 50-50 if he gets the cg.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I might be able to show up tomorrow, but if I did it would probably be at 4:00 or 4:30. If I'm not there at 4:40 I probably won't be there at all. That'd be fine with me as long as someone was there til 5:30 (in that case I'd try to stay a bit longer).

For the next time we meet up:
$1 vs Pdigm (melee)
$1 vs Fromauounoaouduanman, maybe CF dittos
$1 vs Skribbs Snake dittos??? (it was only a matter of time until you picked up snake) you know you want to :p

These all sound pretty fun....if snake dittos are fun (I've never seen one before ( : ). I'll either win these or I'll keep on trying til I run out of cake---you'll never guess what I've been playing this week---and don't forget to say so if you're hangin around monday.

wakka444

Smash Ace
bowser<333

and the about sonic mu is hes played a lot different than the other characters, hes all about baiting you into his attacks and when he approaches you he ll trick you with his different spins bc some cancel and then he ll grab you while youre shielding the attack you thought hed do and then the other one where he ll just hit you then upair out of it, then he ll probably up b dair (thatll autocancel) so it seems like you can punish him at some point but most of the time it just seems that way and he ll punish you for it.

and i doubt TL he already said he couldnt play him(i think)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i want to work with smake more because i play inconsistantly ill **** one game then suxorz the next. Thats pretty much how all my new characters go for a while. (ie meta and pika frequent SDs)
ill be there till about 6 monday

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
lol ive spent the last two hours editing **** on smashwiki

please someone euthanize me

Paradigm

Smash Ace
From what I've seen snake dittos are boring. Just stand away from each other tossing 'nades and shielding nades. Occasionally someone somehow gets up close and it's a tiltfest, but if that doesn't end in a KO it's back to nades nades nades.

As of right now I'm still not sure who I want to main in Brawl -.- Today is more experimentation with various characters maybe. People have been giving me a lot of **** about considering MK, so I'm looking at others right now. Marth probably. With Closui's help I think I've gotten a better idea of how he goes, and I don't have to worry about bad matchups except fscking MK. Maybe second MK, and MK to take out MK.

Personally, I don't mind the Marth v Meta match up since I got a better knowledge of how crazy MK could possibly be.

Don't get me wrong, the match up is still tough for Marth since Meta is just about everything the same with Marth just faster, but it's still possible to win.

Also Paradigm, yes Snake dittos tend to be a bit boring...I know since I play Snake as a secondary...T_T

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Well I really need help with Marf v MK 'cuz I got rocked soooo hard today in it. Other then that Marf was fine. Much more enjoyable to play then other characters I've tried. He's not as good as my other characters quite yet, but based on the number of times Skribbbbs said "nice" I figure the potential is there.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
im gonna have my own **** to go with my section but i want new vids so that means i need to be able to use my **** dazzle lol. Also os needs to get those **** vids up cuz i want them.

Whenever you want to come down (thursdays would be best) i can make sure to be there and if possible try to bring fromundaman cuz hes dayton crew and meta hasnt played with sunburnt kirby in a while

edit* yay there up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD1-fxFY9cY&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za0cMmHgs6A&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWEjqSCxrzc&feature=channel_page

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Well Fizz is good enough at Melee to challenge me to a MM, so if you wants Melee goodness it'd be best if he's there. He's quite good at Brawl as well.

It's not as though Skribz wants Brawl over Melee; if there's any Melee at all Skribz gets upset.... Just kinda sulks. Even if it's just for one hour out of the ~6 hours of smash a day. We can still play Melee, he just wants a heads-up so he won't show that day. Which kinda sucks if we want to play Brawl in addition to Melee 'cuz he's the best in Dayton hands-down right now.

Osirun

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone, I'm new to the Smashboards, but I've been playing Smash casually every since N64. I just recently participated in the Them vs Us tourney in West Chester, OH (in case anyone was present) and would love to stop in and play if you guys meet regularly at Sinclair. I'm actually a student and have probably seen you playing a few times!

My name's Nathan. I'll keep an eye out for when you guys are getting together again.

Top Bottom