• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

wakka444

Smash Ace
(2) "Paradigm's play style is constantly evolving. "

LOL completely outdated. Paradigm's playstyle hasn't changed in two years. Who wrote that O.o
WHAT!?!?! someone changed what i put for you =( it was on the lines of being some dayton scrub who cant upb outa shields XD jk <33

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
WHAT!?!?! someone changed what i put for you =( it was on the lines of being some dayton scrub who cant upb outa shields XD jk <33
Superwavedash, missile spam solidly on yoshi's and stadium, ridiculous powershielding? Check, check, check. Up-b out of shield? Way to complicated.

The best part is I can't do it in Brawl, either. -.-

Oh, and Fizz - we definitely gotta do that some time.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I'm looking into attending some of this Dayton action. I haven't read through the whole thread, though; are these still held in the basement of building 8/do you still only have one setup?

Paradigm

Smash Ace
The more the merrier, Peppy.

AHRHGRHHFAEKLOJAEKLOFOJHEJKLFHE

I woke up at 7:00AM, and I *just* missed the live feed of Savior's match today, but from the comments it sounds like he's out. Lost to Hoejja.

Savior needs to work on his ZvZ -.-

We still have Jaedong and July as high-level pros representing Zerg, but Savior's destruction-of-everyone-in-2009 totally fell apart. Boooooo

Pretty just got knocked out by Hul, wtf is going on.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
A second setup would be much appreciated (even though I won't be there at the previously mentioned times until the Summer).

btw THANKS A LOT FOR THE SPOILERS!!! I don't watch many games until a while after they're played. Jon747 and nevake post most Proleague games+games from individual leagues on youtube. I have hope though because Reach is still in the Ro32 if I'm not mistakin. ROKAF is like the Dayton of Proleague:laugh:

Paradigm

Smash Ace
btw THANKS A LOT FOR THE SPOILERS!!! I don't watch many games until a while after they're played. Jon747 and nevake post most Proleague games+games from individual leagues on youtube. I have hope though because Reach is still in the Ro32 if I'm not mistakin. ROKAF is like the Dayton of Proleague:laugh:
Err, I'll be careful about spoilers in the future. From your description you probably wouldn't have seen the gom classic matches anyways, although you should:

http://www.gomtv.net/

Live streams are usually uploaded as recorded matches within a week. Both live and recorded matches have professional English commentary.

In gom Reach has to play Flash next... he's not no chance IMO. I'll be extremely surprised if Reach can even take a game off him, let beat him outright. Reach is totally boned IMO.

Also ROKAF sucks because they have responsibilities other than Starcraft (ie, that whole defending the nation against the crazy northerners). Dayton has no such excuses >.<

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
who exactly is everyone? and where am I in all of this??

**** im tired....gonna go to bed now spent too much time today watching ranma 1/2 (see avatar) and i sleepeh
i hope i have gotten over my play like *** period =p

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I might be down today at 4:30 today. An hour's better than nothing. I probably won't be able to check the boards again before than, so if I show up and there's no extra controller or no people at all....expect me to be sad....even though there like a 1/3 chance I won't be able to come, so we'll see about that.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
XD lol my throat is killing me but i gots some cough drops and i should be good to go.
Fizz i got three controllers with me.
ill be down there at 10:15. this class never does anything
you think we should make a dayton crew signature? I.e. like michigans?

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
But michigan has players whose names I recognize ) = If someone fells like making one though, I won't stop him.

I just realized I didn't get to play digm (cept once 2v2 i guess). Oh well, marfs no trouble for me.....unless you count xisin. He beat me pretty badly. Pdigm, you missed us prove that meta eats snakes for breakfast. (We played roughly 30 minutes using only Mk and Snake:psycho:)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yea i dont even know why i bothered to play it so much that info is prolly never gonna be useful to me except for maybe doubles but then again tornado spam wont work in 2v2
how could you not count xisin, marth gives luc trouble para just doesnt know the match-up yet.
i just wanna play snake to learn to read better in some situations

Paradigm

Smash Ace
It's still to far away for me to know what my schedule will be like. I'll likely be at OSU by then. There's also the very real possibility that OSU will have a Melee scene and that I will drop Brawl by then. Of course it's also possible that since I have left OSU's Melee scene has collapsed and I'll have been playing Brawl with Q and AZ.

IF I still Brawl and IF I have the time and IF I have a ride, I'm there.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll assume that's Genesis again. Well, I just got hired, so if I have money and time off of work, and my GF doesn't hate me for Brawling so much by then, then maybe.

On another note, when did Lou start playing Diddy? I was supposed to CP Diddy on FD, not him! Grah! (though to be fair, my Mario put up a good fight until I fell apart. Also, yay at having new videos!)

Paradigm

Smash Ace
It'd be easier to click the link to check than type out "I'll assume that's Genesis again," no? Well, you're wrong d:

Most of Nope's crew plays Diddy to some extent or another from what I can tell. Although I didn't think Lou was far enough along to pull him out at a tourney. Where did you play him?

The field needs to host another tournament. I don't think I'll be able (or have time) to make it to a tournament farther anyway in the near future, and I'm dying to try out my Marf against them. I expect Capem to destroy me, but so long as Skribz keeps me training against Snake I think I could take the rest of them out d: Second place to Capem (or third to Scribz 'n Capem) doesn't sound to shabby.

clowsui

Smash Legend
diddy is a really fun matchup for me
i just get ***** in it all the time
i should probably stick to marth vs. diddy but falco vs. diddy is ultra fun

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
no its not genesis and ill have a car by then if any people nearby wanna go
i hate fighting diddy i have to concentrate so hard. Of course it feels extra rewarding when i win though. maybe when i learn the match-up.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I think it's safe to say your zero-tolerance banana strategy can get wins as it is. Looking up the matchup probably couldn't hurt, though.

I think that MIB event is the first weekend of my next semester of school.....if I manage to get the okay from my parents and you're fine with leaving at 3:00-3:20 (depending on how far I have to walk after school), than I'd very much like to come. What better way is there to destroy everyone than to enter a tournament with Ally, Anther, and M2K.

It's funny, after typing that last sentence, my lil bit of confidence turned into an "I CANT BEAT HIM....OR HIM....OR HIM" feeling. Destroying everying in 09's gonna be tough work. Anyone care to join me in the destruction :laugh:?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
IVE ALREADY ASKED :grrr:
ive looked up EVERY matchup. from mks AND the opponents perspective. i have a good idea in thereoy but what i need is putting my stuffz into practice. maybe ill resume going up to cbus to play with az on my days off like i used to.
also apperently top players think diddy v meta on some neurtrals is meta 45:55 diddy

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It'd be easier to click the link to check than type out "I'll assume that's Genesis again," no? Well, you're wrong d:

Most of Nope's crew plays Diddy to some extent or another from what I can tell. Although I didn't think Lou was far enough along to pull him out at a tourney. Where did you play him?

The field needs to host another tournament. I don't think I'll be able (or have time) to make it to a tournament farther anyway in the near future, and I'm dying to try out my Marf against them. I expect Capem to destroy me, but so long as Skribz keeps me training against Snake I think I could take the rest of them out d: Second place to Capem (or third to Scribz 'n Capem) doesn't sound to shabby.
Well, it's not easier when you're using ****ty internet on a PDA...

Played him in 2 MMs at AZ's WnBII.
Did a second one because of that surprise Diddy... My Mario was doing good until I fell apart on the last stock (did that vs Capem and Hence too... Arg...)

Capem's gotten really really good lately. He 2-0d OS in pools.

Scribz, I'll definitely try to make it for MIB! Basically, same conditions as I gave in my last post :laugh:

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Right, PDA. That makes sense.

I did so poorly today. However I did learn quite a bit - just didn't apply it properly at the end. Man, Marth's dsmash is crazy good! Marth has so many KO moves:

Tipper fair, bair, nair, uair, dair (spike), fsmash, dsmash, usmash, DS

That's 9 moves. Unlike past mains, there really isn't to much of a reason to hold back a move for fear of it weakening - there will almost always be a fresh option available. Some moves aren't viable against certain opponents, but still... sheesh.

Oh, and he's great at gimping with: fair, bair, dair, nair, counter, DS.

*wants to go to a tourney*

Oh, also: I spam tippers, apparently. Didn't know that was spammable.

clowsui

Smash Legend
most of those are not very safe on block or are hard to hit with for a ko b/c precise spacing or staleness (Fair stale, BAir UAir Dair NAir spacing, FSmash stale or spacing or good DI in general, dsmash spacing, USmash spacing into the TIP and not the footbox, DS staleness)
it's more difficult than you think to get the kill in a game, especially if you play like xisin and i (65-70% aggressive, 30-35% offensive)
consider that marth gets in bad situations real easily too
especially if he is above someone directly
he's also bad HANGING on the ledge
people running into your "spamming" tippers means that they're playing like *******, unless you are really good at predicting, have very closely examined marth's sword (it swings in 3d now so the tipper is slightly "inside"), get lucky or they use a really laggy move
DS and Counter are bad gimp moves, as is Dair...BAir can only be used w/ prediction, FAir and NAir are the best ones out of that list of gimps

i dunno, your experience may be different

marth has lots of different options it's just you have to space REALLY well and get people in traps a lot for him to work very well since he has frame 4 hit dtilt with iasa on 21, a uair that autocancels and has very good range, a utilt whose hitbox is ridiculously funky (sweetspot is the lower half of marth's back...like if you drew a rectangle to the middle of his bent spine to his foot that area kills at 125%) , DB (frame 4), generally great throw options to support the traps...marth is all about keeping your opponent in a tight cage

Top Bottom