• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Joker “on the topic of playing doubles and trash talking”
It seems that when ever I play with you I always get a mouth full cause I teamed with someone I don't while you teamed with Brandon and know what your doing so then you rub it in with the trash talk and I wonder why did I team with that guy or why am I playing. Now you have to realize that your char can cover up your teammate f*uck ups if there's a naner on the ground or you have one you can stop just about any punish Snake on the other hand he can do some stuff but more times then others he will hurt more.

@Joker “on the topic of people playing on your team”
Here's what I don't get if it's a 2v1 they suddenly want to play singles and I'm like why? we have stocks I'M SNAKE we don't need to approach then is like they listen for a while but then just go in so now they get hit by nades or kill you tell them and they stay put maybe cause of the show your giving them since nade camping isn't that interesting It's like you say "The plan hasn't change" so I don't know why they think it does when is me o.0
Now I trow nades for backup but they just keep on getting hit so then I don't cook it so then they got time to shield or something but no they blow up I cook it cause either he wasn't there or was shielding but get blown up same with C4 no one is around it the time is going to run out so I need to blow it up but here he comes and gets blown up is like really its like they are attracted to them but I play against them and is like oh I see that nade shield. I know you probably thinking he's on my team I don't have to worry about explosions, this is true cause my explosions revolve on what they are doing if you are just fighting then I trow them giving you enough time to spot it and shield it and keep on going, if you are being pressure I cook it so it blows on impact, C4 is there to cover areas we are not and pretty much when they just keep getting blown I tell them when there's a nade coming so they can shield but they keep on getting hit. So what I have started doing is just sticking to them I'm not doing anything but walking behind them and just reacting on what they do it works some times but the thing is that it has a higher risk of us getting punish together but I guess is better then getting blown up.

@Joker “on the topic of playing doubles as practice”
If you want to play singles with distractions then play with items or like Tyser said FFA that should give you enough of a distraction. It just doesn't make sense why should I practice with obstacles when there's none of that in an actual singles match I will never have to worry about someone hitting me from behind. I know what your trying to say but if in the back of your mind your always thinking someone can hit you or when ledge guarding someone is going to intervene well then is not really singles then is it. I don't even know why you try to do that infinite it may be easier to set up but there's more chances to get interrupted in doubles.
So yeah I don't see myself getting any practice from doubles anytime soon unless Metal moves to Iowa ^.^
But if I have to pick someone to team I see myself teaming with Twink he's play style and mine should work pretty good he said he isn't good at doubles but if I where to practice with him constantly then we could be the new Iowa Team >.0
Brandon is another choice but I have trouble teaming with him and it's cause of his char and the way he play him not saying there's nothing wrong with it but it works with Sekou cause his char can be up front with naners but with Snake I can do but I rely heavily on Brandon supports that he will help me when things are not going well for me which is the main reason I haven't teamed with him cause he has a hard time getting there and helping me out.

@Joker “as a doubles player”
I do good in doubles cause of what I have learned while teaming with Razor I have use that to team with others but just doesn't cut it.

What do you tell someone with a black eye? Nothing cause you done telling them twice XD

So yeah man I don't mind talking to my teammate but like you said before "The plan hasn't change" I just get frustrated cause when I do say something they don't listen a good example is when I land a mine I tell them not to go there and the first thing they do is run up to it. That's the thing too you say don't do it cause it isn't going to work they will listen to you and I'm like don't listen to argh whatever.
It's probably the reason I don't play Snake in doubles around here so I just rather play with other chars mostly MK cause then I don't care how anyone plays plus I'm just playing to win so that I don't get to hear all that noise afterwords.

So I think I will still play some doubles with you guys but I won't be playing it all night like we have been<(^.^<)

Here is my situation for Joker's. I can only take ONE person from the CR/Marion area with me
K this is what you do Free For All.

Dont worry Christian, when i get back i can teach you all the Afghan ways of brawl doubles. They are experts at it...
Now more of a reason to get hype

soooooooo i totally am idiot and didnt realize this is on easter weekend.
Yeah I didn't know either and if it's anything like last time we probably going to get around 20ish or so.

I think it's this saturday at noon at Mayhem in Ames
Hey Greg if you don't mind could I tag along assuming your even going.

BPx

Smash Lord
"Brandon is another choice but I have trouble teaming with him and it's cause of his char and the way he play him not saying there's nothing wrong with it but it works with Sekou cause his char can be up front with naners but with Snake I can do but I rely heavily on Brandon supports that he will help me when things are not going well for me which is the main reason I haven't teamed with him cause he has a hard time getting there and helping me out. "

Tell me how you want me to play , and I'll do it. Skynet wasn't my invention, I just ran with it :) We travel everywhere, I just think it makes sense. I could try picking up D3, I've got a decent foundation now, he shouldn't be too hard to pick up o_O. Or I can just play MK. I'm not going to beg you to team with me anymore (cause OOS'ers will actually team now ^_^), but if you ask me, I won't say no.

Also, what time is Grinnel coming/staying till tonight?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Holy feck, I leave for like a stressful 4-day weekend and this thread explodes. (I don't really have much reason to be stressed btw, I'm up 300-400 from the blackjack tables again)

First of all, on all the doubles and IA talk. When it comes to doubles, yeah its true we play it a lot at Christians, and yeah its true Sekou probably inspires his teammate to work a little harder. I'm not going to lie, I have no care for the game at all. So when I jumped in for Greg to team with Sekou, I'm just like "I'm gunna do whatever." But Sekou drops all these expressions and then I feel bad like "I can't just do whatever, I'm making us lose." lol. Then he gets me all hyped up "Blank is playing phenomenal right now" "Oh he is carrying the team."

When it came for me to team with Christian during our last round robin, I don't even know if we tried that time. Christian went Wolf, and the mayhem when he went Snake was just something you can't compensate for with autopilot, because you get blown up a bunch. Still, its pretty easy to have random synergy with Sekou if you just don't die. I remember he told me "You blow through stocks like candy." And hes right because I have no value in my stocks, I just try and throw the most moves while I can, but I find it funny because you could probably do better with Sekou just not doing anything and being hard to focus then actually trying and putting yourself into danger. You probably couldn't say the same for Snake.

Thats just the game though, and speaking of which it really can be easy. I don't play the game anymore but I could probably still get 3rd at every local(Last tourney I won't john, but I technically did win a 2/3 against Kuares, props for him bringing it back though. Never going to PS again). And I feel like after 2-3 years of the game being out, people would be way too good and frustrating for me to play now but thats not the case. The only one I really see that with is Sekou, how do you not rage at that ****? Hes the kind of player who just doesn't let you have free hits, thats not fun at all. Even though I went Falco against him, hes not someone I want to try against. Even with a bit of practice you can't really mimic everything he does.

I'm usually scared of Jlo, but for some reason he has trouble with Kirby and loses to every random Yoshi. So I end up being scared for no reason lol.

Blake you are the best~ <3 To be honest, even if people say they want to get better at this game, its not like Nebraska talk. Iowa had its time, and its having its new generation right now. Only two people really have the right to complain about it. Sekou and Joker have proly put more time and effort into the game then everyone else, and its just a shame nobody can give them competition.

I just think people are tight because there haven't been any monthlies. Random tourneys like Aura's and Kuares' don't really draw the same attention. Anyways I'll be at Christians tonight for some Marvel if anyones up.

Edit: Joker just has that terrorist mindset. "Can I blow it up yet?"

Edit2: Sekou also plants those seeds of doubt in people's heads. "Why are you chasing me?" "Oh thats right come off the ledge baby." "Let him mess his partner up." "Oh thank you." Its like you're trying your best to do what you think is right, and Sekou is here making you think you're doing something wrong. It rolls over your head when you should really just stick to your teams regimen regardless.

gantrain05

Smash Master
**** blank just exposed my weaknesses, kirby and yoshi XD, but for serious joker, im thinkin bout gettin back into playing more seriously, if u would like to try out dubs for serious let me know mang. i think if we worked on it we could be a good team. Problem with me and dubs tho is that i've never really had like one steady partner. i was with blank for a little while and we were starting to get some synergy but then well stuff happens, we kinda just stopped.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Are there any games going on tonight and I like teaming with you joker, and im forced to watch the nades and c4s because they will kill my pikmin :(

Teh Future

Smash Master
looooooool no one knows when easter is anymore.

brandon are we teaming if i come up? i think that was the plan but i dont really remember >_>

BPx

Smash Lord
Sekou said he wanted to go to dsm tomorrow, we could take a full car down (lolwat?), or we could just have them here... only problem is, theres no real venue for us here. :/

BPx

Smash Lord
pay my gas i'll come?
:/
I think somethings going on tomorrow, up here or there, I don't know. I need to bring my CRT up here so we can use my room to play. I guess that also means I need to clean it, rofl.

Soran

Smash Ace
how could anybody make anyone want to shoot themself!?

this board is suicidal .o.

But seriously, I had my eyes on that show whenever it was on the tele. But I didn't really like it.. I didn't really hate it.. It is the one show I watched for the helluvit.

Starting an MGS4 The Boss Extreme run :X I actually want to play MGS3 too... That is teh best Metal Gear game IMO.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
I would rather have the games up here in Ames tomorrow but... If everyone wants to go down there I guess that's fine.

If we went down there what time would we get back and who all would go?

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: I'll keep this a little shorter than last time. This back and forth can go on forever, and I don't want you to think I'm arguing with you. This is just a regular conversation to me, only other people can chime in.

One, I don't always team with Brandon. So saying that I'm getting team practice by playing you + random person, isn't exactly correct. We rotate teams all the time, and I have no static partner. In all honesty, I would and do feel comfortable teaming with ANYONE in Iowa, cause I have played with almost all of the players. Two, hehe I can't play items or FFA hehe, no one plays that crap :-D. Three, that is a good strategy in teams, following behind them.

"It just doesn't make sense why should I practice with obstacles when there's none of that in an actual singles match I will never have to worry about someone hitting me from behind."

"I don't even know why you try to do that infinite it may be easier to set up but there's more chances to get interrupted in doubles."
1) This was the purpose of the “hyperbolic time chamber” in Dragon Ball Z. You train under circumstances that are super unrealistic, so when you play without all the extra distractions, it is a cake walk. How else can you explain how I got good at singles? I sure didn't practice it.

2)I try to do it for 1000's of reasons. Psychological ones include: if I catch you in the infinite your teammate MUST come help and he is thinking “how in the hell did he get caught in that”, I get to talk free noise and the person caught has to listen until I messup :-D, it is a morale booster for my team, and it makes my teammates job SUPER easy...his only objective becomes stop the other guy from stopping the infinite :) … Lastly, MK isn't going to work, but I look forward to the practice :)

@Blank: I like your post A LOT...i'll comment later...i have to take my dad to the airport at 4 am :(

resTy

Smash Champion
how could anybody make anyone want to shoot themself!?
If someone killed everyone I know in front of my face in the worst way(s) imaginable and then let me live, I would probably be so fucked up that I would shoot myself. Just sayin.

EDIT: I'm so bored right now so I'm being more ******** than I usually am...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If someone killed everyone I know in front of my face in the worst way(s) imaginable and then let me live, I would probably be so fucked up that I would shoot myself. Just sayin.

EDIT: I'm so bored right now so I'm being more ******** than I usually am...
Tyser isn't even trying anymore

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
I think somethings going on tomorrow, up here or there, I don't know. I need to bring my CRT up here so we can use my room to play. I guess that also means I need to clean it, rofl.
So it looks like ive got a lab group meeting till 6 or 7 tomorrow (Thursday)... I don't think Ill be able to do games in Des Moines, but I'm still up for games here in Ames if you guys are planning on playing up here.

If u guys end up goin to Des Moines then we should plan another day sometime next week! :bee:

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
METAL!!!!! u comin to this tourny right??

LAWL!! joker its werid how well we both team with MO...but yea...>_<
Really going to try to come to this one, yeah. I haven't been to a single tournament in 2011 yet... I've been so freaking busy >_<

I hope to see you all on the 23rd or maybe even on the 16th if anyone is coming to TP's :D

Also yeah, CBK and Joker are like the best team mates for me and apparently a lot of other people from MO hahaha :D

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I've teamed with both too, Will, and love them <3
Joker and I should have gotten first, BO7 sets are so dumb, especially when all three sets go to game 7.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'll find out tomorrow if i get this date off for the tourney, and if i do get the day off then i'm gonna need a dubs partner.

Top Bottom