• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Jayford

Smash Lord
I miss everyone from Iowa / Nebraska :(. Indiana smash isn't the same </3. You kids better be ready when I get back because my Puff has been in the time chamber >=D. I think I found out a bunch of cute ways to use sing, we'll see tho lmao.

Soran

Smash Ace
Last night was AWESOME! super fun time. I thought that it was sooo awesome to see everybody.

Next time I'm brawling more of the good people >: P

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I miss everyone from Iowa / Nebraska :(. Indiana smash isn't the same </3. You kids better be ready when I get back because my Puff has been in the time chamber >=D. I think I found out a bunch of cute ways to use sing, we'll see tho lmao.
We miss you too bro~

This weekend was super legit. I played like every game that exists. Sekou is way too OP at Powerstone 2. GGs to everyone I played, and hope Ngamer's crew had a safe trip.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm throwing Dan off a bridge tonight if his dishes aren't ****ing immaculate.

Jayford your giant smile is missed by all.

Edge

Smash Rookie
When is the next Iowa event? Is it not going to be until the Iowa City tournament, or will Joker host another monthly soon?

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
Yesterday was amazing, I really enjoyed playing with all of you, and I learned quite a few new tricks. I look forward to playing against some of you again in the not too distant future. Also, thanks for the introduction to doubles, that was really quite fun.

-phil

Kuares

Pizza
I feel like such a newb again. Yesterday was seriously the best day I've had for at least a year. Nice seeing some of my melee pals, and all the new people were awesome too. I learned alot of helpful things saturday, Sekou telling me to mix up my attacks and keep people on their toes, and I forget their names but the other Fox main and the Rob(Xenostar?) telling me how to go about fighting Meta. Really wish I could remember their names but wanted to say thanks for the tips.

I also need to GGXX more. That game is awesome.

When is the next Iowa event? Is it not going to be until the Iowa City tournament, or will Joker host another monthly soon?
I'm having a smashfest at Mt. Mercy next this coming saturday at 6:00. It's not going be like "Omigosh you have to come over!", just something for some practice and fun stuff like that. Other than that, I dunno.

BTW: Who is meta knight(what's your avatar)?

Edge

Smash Rookie
@Kuares: It's just fan art, no particular character other than the humanized form of MK. But, I mean, all anime boys tend to look the same so it's probably damn like something else, hah.

Also, where is Mt. Mercy in relation to... well, other areas of interest in Iowa? If it's near and I'm available, I'll give you some more MK practice/tips.

Soran

Smash Ace
Kuares plays under the tag QRS.
gawd his read is good.

any tips for me on reading? do I have to know MUs to be a good reader?

and can't make Mount Mercy this weekend. sorry / :,
Duo Birthday bash/R.A.V.E. at Ben(Seikr)'s place.
it's gonna be HUUGGGEEE!! everybody should come : )

but another note on brawl...

I don't have the right mindset when playing this game competetively / :,
I mean, I still think about decay and tactics.. but I always do som'n stupid like going for a meteor smash and look like an idiot if I miss.

I really hope for more 'serious' matches so I can get ready for November.
Let's have LOTZ of brawlfests. with LOTS of people like at Se'kou's place. that was so swizeet. I still wish I got to brawl more of the good people / :

and more training in Marth dittos with Joker : D what a good Marth.
may I ask for some helpful tips? ( :,

Edge

Smash Rookie
A lot of reading comes from knowing match ups, as well as your opponents. If you're quick witted, you'll pick up patterns etc that your opponents have. Some people are inevitably harder to read than others, but studying MUs always helps.

§chizm

Smash Lord
This weekend was super legit. I played like every game that exists. Sekou is way too OP at Powerstone 2. GGs to everyone I played, and hope Ngamer's crew had a safe trip.
Hopefully there weren't any more poles around to feel NGamer's rage.

Whenever he decides to do another one.
Yesterday was amazing, I really enjoyed playing with all of you, and I learned quite a few new tricks. I look forward to playing against some of you again in the not too distant future. Also, thanks for the introduction to doubles, that was really quite fun.

-phil
Introduction to doubles?
I feel like such a newb again. Yesterday was seriously the best day I've had for at least a year. Nice seeing some of my melee pals, and all the new people were awesome too. I learned alot of helpful things saturday, Sekou telling me to mix up my attacks and keep people on their toes, and I forget their names but the other Fox main and the Rob(Xenostar?) telling me how to go about fighting Meta. Really wish I could remember their names but wanted to say thanks for the tips.

I also need to GGXX more. That game is awesome.

I'm having a smashfest at Mt. Mercy next this coming saturday at 6:00. It's not going be like "Omigosh you have to come over!", just something for some practice and fun stuff like that. Other than that, I dunno.

BTW: Who is meta knight(what's your avatar)?
The ROB was Afrayail/Rebecca, the Fox was Piss/Dave.
Also I didn't know you changed your tag from Zyroqwa, wutttt. Thought it was you but I wasn't completely sure.

@Kuares: It's just fan art, no particular character other than the humanized form of MK. But, I mean, all anime boys tend to look the same so it's probably damn like something else, hah.

Also, where is Mt. Mercy in relation to... well, other areas of interest in Iowa? If it's near and I'm available, I'll give you some more MK practice/tips.
Mt. Mercy is in Cedar Rapids I believe.
gawd his read is good.

but another note on brawl...

I don't have the right mindset when playing this game competetively / :,
I mean, I still think about decay and tactics.. but I always do som'n stupid like going for a meteor smash and look like an idiot if I miss.

I really hope for more 'serious' matches so I can get ready for November.
Let's have LOTZ of brawlfests. with LOTS of people like at Se'kou's place. that was so swizeet. I still wish I got to brawl more of the good people / :

and more training in Marth dittos with Joker : D what a good Marth.
may I ask for some helpful tips? ( :,
Reading just comes with playing the game against people who aren't ********. Also it seemed like you never talked at the clubhouse, yet you post so much, what the fuck.

Also random tourney was random, I didn't even know I was entered until someone told me we had to play.
It was good to see NE peeps again and do stuff. Much homo.

resTy

Smash Champion
Reading comes from experience mostly (like 99.9%)
Knowing match-ups help but it's not the main point of reading the book.
I don't even know match-ups in Brawl yet I do decent anyways because I've been playing competitive Smash (Melee) for almost 4 years.

/2 cents

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
Yesterday was the first time I played doubles with team attack on, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Yes, mount mercy is in cedar rapids.

Also ku ar es = QRS phonetically

And Ngamer's crew made it back just fine, no more poles were harmed.

Soran

Smash Ace
Reading just comes with playing the game against people who aren't ********. Also it seemed like you never talked at the clubhouse, yet you post so much, what the fuck.
xD well you see.. I was mostly quiet because. I wasn't feeling all that well yesterday anyway. and a lot was going through my head.

I got messed up the night before and I probably said some stupid shit. I was just thinking about what I said(even though I can't remember).

I hope school goes fine tomorrow.

But next time I'll be sure to annoy the chack out of you : D

also, I think you look good in glasses : P

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
What happened to MetaKnight, you noob?

We miss you too bro~

Sleep is overrated.

Hopefully there weren't any more poles around to feel NGamer's rage.
That pole was in my way. :mad: Let's stop talking about it. I'll start.

GGs. Great weekend. Also, I just realized I can't come to the meetup this Saturday, because I have to witness the clowns get steamrolled by a real football team.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
GGs. Great weekend. Also, I just realized I can't come to the meetup this Saturday, because I have to witness the clowns get steamrolled by a real football team.
OHHHHHHHH. Get told. I'll make sure I watch the game.

resTy

Smash Champion
Well, Trent was driving with Nick (BoredPeanut), Yulai (Uli), Tyler (BeeS?) and me (resTy) and we were following Greg to Ames. Greg was going about 90 MPH and we were going about 80MPH. He exited and we over shot it because he didn't allow us to follow him. We had to go all the way to the next ramp which was another 2 miles and then come back. Anyways, once we were on the correct road, about 5 minutes later we arrived at the venue. It was a large, gated, appartment-like complex area. We arrive at the gate and there is a silver Honda in front of us. We are sitting there hella confused. Well, two seconds later, the person driving the silver Honda seemed to have slammed on the gas and rammed directly into a pole that had the numpad to open the gate. After that, everybody in Trent's car started to laugh hysterically. We continued to laugh and make funny comments towards the driver saying "He has to be either a woman or Asian" and other pretty hilarious remarks. Yulai said "Holy shit! Is that Ngamer?" and then the rest of us looked with a ******** amount of focus at the driver. He turns and it is indeed Ngamer. The fuckin car explodes with unstoppable laughter and it continues for a full minute. After this, things got boring and we played Brawl and stuff.

tl;dr: Ngamer hit the pole that opens the gate. We laughed. He became a legend.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yesterday was the first time I played doubles with team attack on, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Yes, mount mercy is in cedar rapids.

Also ku ar es = QRS phonetically

And Ngamer's crew made it back just fine, no more poles were harmed.
I would play like a huge asshole if team attack weren't on...
xD well you see.. I was mostly quiet because. I wasn't feeling all that well yesterday anyway. and a lot was going through my head.

I got messed up the night before and I probably said some stupid shit. I was just thinking about what I said(even though I can't remember).

I hope school goes fine tomorrow.

But next time I'll be sure to annoy the chack out of you : D

also, I think you look good in glasses : P
Dude when I said much homo earlier it wasn't an invitation.
That pole was in my way. :mad: Let's stop talking about it. I'll start.
We'll never forget.

resTy

Smash Champion
People who aren't Austin, Yulai, Nick, Tyler or me can't talk about the pole incident.
You unlucky shmucks didn't even get the privilege to witness it.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
My MK gets rolled by everyone here lmao. Like it does ok, but I dunno some games I just get *****. I can actually win with Puff lmao. I also found some cute ways to use sing, but I'll keep those on the DL <3. Someone should tell me the pole story : D.
Of course Tyser jumps on the chance to tell the story 7 mins later. :lick:

tl;dr: Ngamer hit the pole that opens the gate. We laughed. He became MORE of a legend.
Fixed. Who do you think you're talking about, here?

So thats why he couldn't get the gate to open.
I should have finished the job after the **** thing didn't work the second time.

Hey, someone's got to make me an animated sig involving poles, Yoshi, head ramming and my name. Then my sig would be almost as good as Jayford's with a better story behind it.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
People who aren't Austin, Yulai, Nick, Tyler or me can't talk about the pole incident.
You unlucky shmucks didn't even get the privilege to witness it.
Being there made me a better human being.

On a sidenote, I just 1v1'd a guy on SC2 named Tommy Wiseau [The guy from The Room].

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Fun games indeed I actually wanted to play till morning but yeah ^.^

I'm throwing Dan off a bridge tonight if his dishes aren't ****ing immaculate.
You missed a hell of an event >.<

Most likely the Brainshock tourney is going to be the next big one in Iowa mainly cause my sister hasn't picked up all of her stuff so I don't want to make plans till then, however I can probably still do Brawlfest and such since it isn't as big.

Joker - Next time, METAL GEAR!
You should be carring Metal Gear with you ALL the time same for Pokemon if you play it that is. Also thanks for the advice for SC2 it helped me a lot now I just need to actually get the game XP

Looks like someone has a crush on Schism xD
It's the man crush that's what's up >.0

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
fun games indeed i actually wanted to play till morning but yeah ^.^

you missed a hell of an event >.<

most likely the brainshock tourney is going to be the next big one in iowa mainly cause my sister hasn't picked up all of her stuff so i don't want to make plans till then, however i can probably still do brawlfest and such since it isn't as big.

You should be carring metal gear with you all the time same for pokemon if you play it that is. Also thanks for the advice for sc2 it helped me a lot now i just need to actually get the game xp

it's the man crush that's what's up >.0

rageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that i miss this mother****a dammit

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Also does anyone here has a copy of MGS 1 for the PS1 that I can get, I can try to get something you ask in return and it's finally good to see the Iowa Trolls, reminds me of my trolling days last year and part of 08.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Well, Trent was driving with Nick (BoredPeanut), Yulai (Uli), Tyler (BeeS?) and me (resTy) and we were following Greg to Ames. Greg was going about 90 MPH and we were going about 80MPH. He exited and we over shot it because he didn't allow us to follow him. We had to go all the way to the next ramp which was another 2 miles and then come back. Anyways, once we were on the correct road, about 5 minutes later we arrived at the venue. It was a large, gated, appartment-like complex area. We arrive at the gate and there is a silver Honda in front of us. We are sitting there hella confused. Well, two seconds later, the person driving the silver Honda seemed to have slammed on the gas and rammed directly into a pole that had the numpad to open the gate. After that, everybody in Trent's car started to laugh hysterically. We continued to laugh and make funny comments towards the driver saying "He has to be either a woman or Asian" and other pretty hilarious remarks. Yulai said "Holy shit! Is that Ngamer?" and then the rest of us looked with a ******** amount of focus at the driver. He turns and it is indeed Ngamer. The fuckin car explodes with unstoppable laughter and it continues for a full minute. After this, things got boring and we played Brawl and stuff.

This could easily be the most amazing story I have ever heard.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Also does anyone here has a copy of MGS 1 for the PS1 that I can get, I can try to get something you ask in return and it's finally good to see the Iowa Trolls, reminds me of my trolling days last year and part of 08.
I have two of them. You'd have to actually show up to something in order for me to loan it to you though.

Kuares

Pizza
Kuares = Zyroqwa?
Yes! I lost my password and wanted a name that people could actually say. But yeah, I'm Zyroqwa.

gawd his read is good.

You were being really predictable with your attack pattern : / Try and mix up your approach alot more. I can't remember you doing anything other than a Fair to approach.

Eh, it's not too important to go this saturday. Seriously, 3 weekends in a row is alot of smash. Where is this party though?

It was hilarious seeing you guys laughing hysterically. I remember asking Ngamer if he wanted me to go and enter the code. He was like "Nah" and then he hit the pole.

Top Bottom