• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Well I probably view the thread myself like 10 times a day.
So Skizm if putting Windows XP then replacing it for another and all it does is erase the previous data and such I think that will be fine since we never really have important data to begin with. Mainly cause my mom just want's the computer done plus what's a good monitor to get I forgot to give you money for it but I figure we could just buy it here somewhere.

ScarletPhoenix

Smash Rookie
^That monstrosity is not what I'd call "sexy." That is possibly the worst design for a console ever.

Why does it say HD-DVD on the slot there?

WTF at that VMU.

I just hope the console itself is true and not all that other garbage. Those launch games would be sweet though.
i agree... i hope sega doesn't fail again

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
All 3 of the current systems are garbage (thank god for virtual console/XBArcade/whatever sony's downloadable old game thing is called) so I wouldn't mind defecting to Sega

Soran

Smash Ace
well.. I think all 3 of the systems are good in their own respects.

except Wii. I have to say though. it has as much good games as Xbox and ps3.

good games to me at least.

PS3(including games to come): Gundam Vs. Gundam Extreme Vs. A.C.E. Re:birth, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Metal Gear Solid 4, and yeah. that's it.

360: Halo 3, Halo Reach(I just know it'll be good so yeah.), and wow. I can't think of anymore.

PS3/360 multiports: Soul Calibur IV, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, Blazblue: Continuum Shift, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Wii: Metroid Other M, Monster Hunter 3 Tri, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Resident Evil 4, BRAWL, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Okami, and I'd say the RE ports but they aren't different at all besides text font in the notes.

these are all my favorite games(sorta) and the ones I'd get if I had to start fresh.

by the way I look at the system for its games. not necessarily what it does. But Xbox has a cool party chat feature that I pretty much use w/e on XBL.

R.I.P. boxy )_;

she was good to me while she lasted. T~T

DON'T FORGET TEKKEN VS STREET FIGHTER AND JUNK!

Soran

Smash Ace
@Joker

I am hoping to go. My friend is going to Dez Moines to the land of adventure with his family and we want thim to come with us on sunday. But we'd have to get him on Saturday night then go back to your place. do you live close to the land of adventure o.O?

@PCity

Yes. Me, someone, someone, and someone are going. maybe another someone. who knows.

But my friend seems like he is really wanting to go for Saturday night at Joker's. but we'll be missing ScarletPhoenix who owns at TvC. you can bank on me being at Ames though. : D

is that another games night? or will it be STRICTLY BRAWL. or som'n xP
I'll bring wii and games. mostly brawl and tvc since I have a lot of single player games.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
i dont think anyone really cares what you say.
I knew I liked this guy! BTW for syntactical sense you'd have to say "I don't think anyone ELSE..." because obviously I care about what I'm saying and I fit into the category of anyone.

Take 2: Grrr, you're so mean I h7 you, 50$ MM!

K guys quick question who's all coming before Sunday?
I believe if Nebraska comes we will be at your place around midnight saturday, is that cool? Dan works til like 9. This should answer Port's question as well.

I saw a duck in what seemed to be a microwave and clicked the X so fast my thumb broke.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I am hoping to go. My friend is going to Dez Moines to the land of adventure with his family and we want thim to come with us on sunday. But we'd have to get him on Saturday night then go back to your place. do you live close to the land of adventure o.O?
Adventureland is more on the outskirts of Des Moines and Joker, as the rest of us, live in the city so I would say Joker's is about 25-30 mins. away from Adventureland.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I want to go but I don't know whos driving.
I'm driving myself.
That duck knows how to party.
I saw a duck in what seemed to be a microwave and clicked the X so fast my thumb broke.
I've never seen a microwave that looked like a sub before?
Adventureland is more on the outskirts of Des Moines and Joker, as the rest of us, live in the city so I would say Joker's is about 25-30 mins. away from Adventureland.
Adventureland is technically in Altoona. It's only like 20 minutes away from Joker's house.

Now that's a competition I approve of.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
K guys quick question who's all ACTUALLY coming Sunday? :-D
I'm pretty sure a lot of us are going its just that a few are coming Saturday to get some games before Sunday. You can't have enough practice >.<

I'm the only driver left obviously! Lol. Get your spots now or I'm going up alone.
Oh you know I'm coming with you >.0

DUCK KING

Fun Fact: He was a Fatal Fury char who made a lot of cameo appearances through out the KOF series but finally became playable in KOFXI.

I believe if Nebraska comes we will be at your place around midnight saturday, is that cool? Dan works til like 9. This should answer Port's question as well.
Yeah that's fine but we may only get to play for an hour or so unless we can play quietly after 1 or so.

@Joker

Actually I don't know I'm really bad with places and such Love this is your department <(^.^<)

Uli

Smash Champion
my iowan bro's
5 NEians need housing saturday night
lemme know who wants to house us!!!!
:D

Uli

Smash Champion
um idk its up to nick and tyler when we leave
i think we wanna stay over saturday and leave sunday
i would ask greg but he is going to be playing yugiohz in KC!

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
I plan on coming to the smash fest on sunday. I'm coming from the Iowa City area. I look forward to meeting all of you and improving my game.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
well.. I think all 3 of the systems are good in their own respects.

except Wii. I have to say though. it has as much good games as Xbox and ps3.

good games to me at least.

PS3(including games to come): Gundam Vs. Gundam Extreme Vs. A.C.E. Re:birth, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Metal Gear Solid 4, and yeah. that's it.

360: Halo 3, Halo Reach(I just know it'll be good so yeah.), and wow. I can't think of anymore.

PS3/360 multiports: Soul Calibur IV, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, Blazblue: Continuum Shift, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Wii: Metroid Other M, Monster Hunter 3 Tri, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Resident Evil 4, BRAWL, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Okami, and I'd say the RE ports but they aren't different at all besides text font in the notes.

these are all my favorite games(sorta) and the ones I'd get if I had to start fresh.

by the way I look at the system for its games. not necessarily what it does. But Xbox has a cool party chat feature that I pretty much use w/e on XBL.

R.I.P. boxy )_;

she was good to me while she lasted. T~T

DON'T FORGET TEKKEN VS STREET FIGHTER AND JUNK!
Don't forget No more Heroes and maybe Madworld.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
And so it was dug out of his collection of Black Sabbath and Jimi Hendrix songs.

I'm gunna be up for Powerstone 2 and Marvel all day in Ames. I don't think you could get me to play anything else with those two around lol.

§chizm

Smash Lord
i...........REMEMBERED MY PASSWORD!!!!
Congratulations.
And so it was dug out of his collection of Black Sabbath and Jimi Hendrix songs.

I'm gunna be up for Powerstone 2 and Marvel all day in Ames. I don't think you could get me to play anything else with those two around lol.
I'd be up for both. I haven't played Power Stone 2 since I was 12.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYn4XPfyQpk&feature=player_embedded
lolololol.

Trent

Smash Champion
I'm addicted to the Scott Pilgrim video game. Only played the first 3 levels since I'm playing it with friends though.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm addicted to the Scott Pilgrim video game. Only played the first 3 levels since I'm playing it with friends though.
I'm trying to finish DeathSpank with my bro before I get Scott Pilgrim. I already have the soundtrack to the game though, too good.

Soran

Smash Ace
WEEEEE! this is fun guys : D I'm pretty excited.

I have so much to look forward to! YESS!

also ScarletPhoenix is NOT going to the land of adventure this weekend anymore. so you guys will probably see us in Dez Moines : D

Joker's address is in the first post right? I'm gonna need a map to that and PortCity's place.

I'm thinking 5-6 people will be coming to this thing from my group. also spend the night at joker's?

shower? rooms? stuff........... how will we handle that? oh, and parking. I really need information on where to park at Joker's AND PortCity's. I'm guessing PortCity's place has a parking lot rite?

Joker lives in the residentials o.O? how will parking work there?

Sorry if my questions are annoying. My friend is unpredictable and isn't good at thinking things through. It's up to me to find out all the information since my other friends are lazy or don't come to SB.

but still. I'M SOUU UH-SITED! xD

Also ScarletPhoenix brought up a point to me. What if 40 people show up to joker's hypothetically?
will you house them all? this was just curiosity.

§chizm

Smash Lord
WEEEEE! this is fun guys : D I'm pretty excited.

I have so much to look forward to! YESS!

also ScarletPhoenix is NOT going to the land of adventure this weekend anymore. so you guys will probably see us in Dez Moines : D

Joker's address is in the first post right? I'm gonna need a map to that and PortCity's place.

I'm thinking 5-6 people will be coming to this thing from my group. also spend the night at joker's?

shower? rooms? stuff........... how will we handle that? oh, and parking. I really need information on where to park at Joker's AND PortCity's. I'm guessing PortCity's place has a parking lot rite?

Joker lives in the residentials o.O? how will parking work there?

Sorry if my questions are annoying. My friend is unpredictable and isn't good at thinking things through. It's up to me to find out all the information since my other friends are lazy or don't come to SB.

but still. I'M SOUU UH-SITED! xD

Also ScarletPhoenix brought up a point to me. What if 40 people show up to joker's hypothetically?
will you house them all? this was just curiosity.
I'm not exactly sure what the situation is with Joker and his family that was staying with him so I don't know how many people he can actually have there.
I know NE was bringing like five people though on Saturday.
If you go to Joker's make sure you park in the street a couple houses down because his neighbor is a crotchety old asshole.
PM Pcity for information regarding Sunday because I don't even know anything.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Actually Nebraska is bringing more than 5, I think the Nick/Trent/Tyser/Uli/???? is different than the Dan/Rob/Mexi/GG222 car. **** this is going to be bigger than the last jokers...

Soran

Smash Ace
dude, that is swizeet. I just Fw'd a message to my group that is going on fb.

I REALLY want to make this now .-.

should I bring... a ps2!? o.O? I haz... SFIII: 3rd Strike. lolz that's it. I guess MK but that isn't worth it and also no data.

I'll bring mah wii tho fo'sho.

Top Bottom