• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
He probably has 4 other Ubers that we don't know about. I'm kinda surprised they didn't follow the trend of revealing a next Gen Pokemon during the Pokemon League Championships. Probably in the next couple episodes they will.
I bet he had a Zoroark

No, he WAS Zoroark, just transformed. HAHAHAHAHA

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

I was talking about the Labor Day weekend we could turn that into a biweekly, but the tourney won't be till Sunday or so cause then Ngamer and Yink can make it. However if you guys decide to come you're welcome to do so and stay the weekend if everything goes right it should work. The new IA people should come down that weekend too it should give you a lot of practice.
<3

I'm going to try to make it, dunno if I can though. STILL, I'll try.

Soran

Smash Ace
I hope I can make it. I'd love to see you people x3

plus yeah, the practice. hah! love to see where I stand in terms of skill level.

But I will try my hardest to make it.... can I ask where? ( :,

<3

§chizm

Smash Lord

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Thanks a lot Schizm. ;-;

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/116z-ye0nrI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/116z-ye0nrI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="30" height="25"></embed></object>

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I believe the 5th is the sunday of Labor day, I think I'd be coming up Saturday night though.
YEEEEEEEEEEEAH BOOOOOOOOOOOY

<3

I'm going to try to make it, dunno if I can though. STILL, I'll try.
"sigh"

It'll be wherever Pcity decides I guess?
That or my place, I may have my basement clear of my sisters stuff so yeah either way it works >.0

@Yink: Put this song on the next page ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJFkOBzbuTo

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

@Yink: Put this song on the next page ^.^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJFkOBzbuTo
Done and done.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJFkOBzbuTo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJFkOBzbuTo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="30" height="25"></embed></object>

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well, the date is set in stone now. We will be getting together Sunday September 5th. I'm going to continue looking into the venue in Des Moines, but it appears it will be in Ames. I'll confirm this by Sunday.

§chizm

Smash Lord

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I'm gonna take Brawl seriously again.
Prepare yourself, world!
*Checks to see if the apocalypse is upon us*

Pretty much is mostly a Brawlfest but you guys are welcome to come down if you want >.0

Man KOF13 is looking so good I'm loving it plus they are doing the thing MUGEN does which is that when ever a girl char loses her clothes get riped so yeah pretty awesome <3
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a lot people have just quit the game after that combo. lol

But yeah speaking of, I'm trying to get the srk guys to get things going, '98 will probably happen. It usually does. >_^

GGs to everyone that came to our little meetup at Mt. Mercy. Good **** in TvC!
Yink, stop being so good.

Cook

Smash Master
Prepare yourself, world!
But why, it's so gay?

I'm gonna be a DDD masta, though! I'm getting hellas Peach training and feel like I could beat any Peach in the nation with DDD now, but that doesn't mean much. :psycho:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Prepare yourself, world!
So does this mean I'm no longer #2 in Nebraska by the two sweetest words in the English language...de-fault! De-fault! De-fault!

Excellent, I'll give you practice. Games at Dan's tomorrow afternoon?

Kuares

Pizza
Ha, I was surprised at all the people that showed up and that I wasn't owned as much as I would have thought, except with Snake(Tilts...)! I'll make sure that problems of not having enough T.V's doesn't happen again. We definitly have to play Soul Calibur next time.

By the way, I got a friend who's going to ISU, could someone go over and give him the competitive smash experience over there in Central Iowa?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Prepare yourself, world!
You might as well go ahead and kill yourself now.
It's just going to happen slowly anyway.
I don't know man I always said that if Omaha where to play the game seriously they will be just as good as they are in Melee. I mean you seen the matches between his D3 and my Snake and thats with him not really playing the game so yeah.

Also, everyone should listen to Metal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esWqSqSTFa4
Fix XD

Oh man there was something going on over there *sigh* I wish I had a way to get there T.T How much are GPS cause I may buy one then I can probably drive to IC for myself -_-

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

I don't know man I always said that if Omaha where to play the game seriously they will be just as good as they are in Melee. I mean you seen the matches between his D3 and my Snake and thats with him not really playing the game so yeah.

Also, you should listen to Metal because it's the only music that matters or is good.

True, now that Tyser is giving Brawl a shot again (for the next week) maybe the rest of the players round cheer will play as well. With an improved Tyser and Smeesh and whoever else I think we could make a running at the coolest brawl scene ever. Oh, and maybe I can get Dan to quit B- and play Brawlol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JXnTvMMjs8 -Pelican Rules

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Zhi7QWN2o -Symphony X also rule, mostly cause this entire album is based on Paradise Lost, an awesome short story by Milton that I'd recommend, but reading is stupid.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Labor Day BrawlFest/MeleeFest/DreamcastFest!!!!

Date: Sunday, September 5th
Location: Ames, Iowa (PM me and I'll txt you the address, directions and other stuff)
Time: 11 a.m. until whenever...

Relevant and Not-So-Relevant Information:

Venue Details: The location is the clubhouse for my apartment complex. It is fairly big and has enough room for approximately 5 - 7 extra setups. The room comes with a large relatively lagless LCD TV (~4ms, it affects me a little, but not too, too much and you know how finicky I am with tv's). I will need someone to help me setup, ala bring 3 of my own tvs (27in CRT, 20in CRT, 19in LCD) from my apartment and garage into the building. That means we will need 1-3 more TV's and a slew of systems. I am pretty sure I will have enough seating, but I will probably need help moving extra chairs into the club house also if a lot of people show up. There is also another room in the complex that could house 1 more setup, only catch is those guys in that room will feel like loners because it isn't connected to the other room (Maybe people can play KOF in there...hahahaha). The clubhouse is its own structure so we can be as loud as we want. There are two bathrooms in the complex along with a kitchen :-|. Speaking of food...

Food: I am about 5 min from Campus Town and Duff Avenue. Both have food options. Now my significant other said she would cook (lunch or dinner) for ya'll if you pay her...LOL. Looks like she is charging $8 a plate with 2 pieces of fried fish, dirty rice, a side of vegetables and a drink. Only catch is I think a minimum number of like 8 people have to promise to order, so she doesn't cook and lose her money. Her cooking is good, service depends on the time of the month (:-D don't tell her I said that).

Video: I should have a capture card working on my laptop by then, Joker has a DVD recorder, and I’m sure people have camcorders so we can record the action on screen and off screen.

Tournaments: I say Brawl/Melee Singles and Doubles. Depending on the crowd we could do random doubles for melee and brawl. I have MVC2, Powerstone 2, Rival Schools 2, and Naruto if you guys want to do a random tourney in something no one knows nothing about. Anyway, we could always just play friendly matches all day, doesn’t matter to me.

Rules: No eating in the clubhouse. We will have to eat outside on the patio. The weather as of today (8/29/2010) says 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on that day. Both Saturday and Monday look clear, so it is a good bet there will be no rain. The patio has plenty of places to eat, and I have and extra fold out table if we need more room. If it does rain, I’ll make something up (Probably just eat, where there is no carpet.) Besides that, there are no real rules, just have common sense ala no fighting, stealing, etc (I'm saying this for the non-regular people who may show up). The clubhouse doubles as the rent office, so it actually a place of business. It is kept in IMMACULATE condition, so when we are done it has to look EXACTLY the way we got it. Meaning, we can move the chairs around, but not the tables, that are already in the room. When it is shut down time, I will need help with the big things, but the small stuff I will get the next day.

Questions?, Directions?, etc: PM me!

ScarletPhoenix

Smash Rookie
Labor Day BrawlFest/MeleeFest/DreamcastFest!!!!

Date: Sunday, September 5th
Location: Ames, Iowa (PM me and I'll txt you the address, directions and other stuff)
Time: 11 a.m. until whenever...

Relevant and Not-So-Relevant Information:

Venue Details: The location is the clubhouse for my apartment complex. It is fairly big and has enough room for approximately 5 - 7 extra setups. The room comes with a large relatively lagless LCD TV (~4ms, it affects me a little, but not too, too much and you know how finicky I am with tv's). I will need someone to help me setup, ala bring 3 of my own tvs (27in CRT, 20in CRT, 19in LCD) from my apartment and garage into the building. That means we will need 1-3 more TV's and a slew of systems. I am pretty sure I will have enough seating, but I will probably need help moving extra chairs into the club house also if a lot of people show up. There is also another room in the complex that could house 1 more setup, only catch is those guys in that room will feel like loners because it isn't connected to the other room (Maybe people can play KOF in there...hahahaha). The clubhouse is its own structure so we can be as loud as we want. There are two bathrooms in the complex along with a kitchen :-|. Speaking of food...

Food: I am about 5 min from Campus Town and Duff Avenue. Both have food options. Now my significant other said she would cook (lunch or dinner) for ya'll if you pay her...LOL. Looks like she is charging $8 a plate with 2 pieces of fried fish, dirty rice, a side of vegetables and a drink. Only catch is I think a minimum number of like 8 people have to promise to order, so she doesn't cook and lose her money. Her cooking is good, service depends on the time of the month (:-D don't tell her I said that).

Video: I should have a capture card working on my laptop by then, Joker has a DVD recorder, and I’m sure people have camcorders so we can record the action on screen and off screen.

Tournaments: I say Brawl/Melee Singles and Doubles. Depending on the crowd we could do random doubles for melee and brawl. I have MVC2, Powerstone 2, Rival Schools 2, and Naruto if you guys want to do a random tourney in something no one knows nothing about. Anyway, we could always just play friendly matches all day, doesn’t matter to me.

Rules: No eating in the clubhouse. We will have to eat outside on the patio. The weather as of today (8/29/2010) says 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on that day. Both Saturday and Monday look clear, so it is a good bet there will be no rain. The patio has plenty of places to eat, and I have and extra fold out table if we need more room. If it does rain, I’ll make something up (Probably just eat, where there is no carpet.) Besides that, there are no real rules, just have common sense ala no fighting, stealing, etc (I'm saying this for the non-regular people who may show up). The clubhouse doubles as the rent office, so it actually a place of business. It is kept in IMMACULATE condition, so when we are done it has to look EXACTLY the way we got it. Meaning, we can move the chairs around, but not the tables, that are already in the room. When it is shut down time, I will need help with the big things, but the small stuff I will get the next day.

Questions?, Directions?, etc: PM me!
is TvC is going to be there? if so ill be there foe showeZ

Ngamer we need to play TvC more
i had fun fighting with a good player

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
*Checks to see if the apocalypse is upon us*

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a lot people have just quit the game after that combo. lol

But yeah speaking of, I'm trying to get the srk guys to get things going, '98 will probably happen. It usually does. >_^

^ No. :3

And yeah, fun games. I hope everyone enjoyed all the smasher stories. And the talk of the "Let's Do Ness' Moves IRL" vid lol!

Top Bottom