• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
By the way, I got a friend who's going to ISU, could someone go over and give him the competitive smash experience over there in Central Iowa?
There's like 5 people that play in Ames.

Oh man there was something going on over there *sigh* I wish I had a way to get there T.T How much are GPS cause I may buy one then I can probably drive to IC for myself -_-
That's a horrible idea.
Labor Day BrawlFest/MeleeFest/DreamcastFest!!!!

Video: I should have a capture card working on my laptop by then, Joker has a DVD recorder, and I’m sure people have camcorders so we can record the action on screen and off screen.

Tournaments: I say Brawl/Melee Singles and Doubles. Depending on the crowd we could do random doubles for melee and brawl. I have MVC2, Powerstone 2, Rival Schools 2, and Naruto if you guys want to do a random tourney in something no one knows nothing about. Anyway, we could always just play friendly matches all day, doesn’t matter to me.

Questions?, Directions?, etc: PM me!
I generally work Sundays but I'll probably stop by afterward.
If there's any tournies still going I might enter?

resTy

Smash Champion
Next time I creep, I want a lot of friendlies!
I wanna get good in Barwlol for once!
Also, I'm ONLY playing Dedede now.

P.S. I quit Melee incase you're wondering.

resTy

Smash Champion
Dude, I suck at Bawrlolbadgame.
It's time to get good :')
I hear it's the cool thing to do at the moment.
That and suicide.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tyser is hilarious

Brawl=suicide (Ya know, cause of all of the ****ty ledge grab deaths that happend tonight).

Unless Dan douches out, I'll be attending and I don't know if there are any open spots, I'll keep it posted.

I'll enter just about anything so long as it's cheap. But I really want to play Project Justice, (insert how much I love Rival Schools 1 and how I haven't played the 2nd) tournament or no.

resTy

Smash Champion
I think I hate Brawl as hard as any human being can hate Brawl.
Luckily for Brawl, I'm an individual who welcomes/enjoys torture and anguish.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I dunno, one of my friends fed his copy of brawl to his dog and then turned it into a necklace with big bite marks through it. Now there's a melee kid for ya.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Next time I creep, I want a lot of friendlies!
I wanna get good in Barwlol for once!
Also, I'm ONLY playing Dedede now.

P.S. I quit Melee incase you're wondering.
My world is turning upsidedown now and is anyone be willing to give me a ride for the labor day biweekly I pay about 20-30 for part fo gas?

Soran

Smash Ace
We.. might make this.

By we I mean ScarletPheonix(Saros), and.. (I actually don't know his smashboards name) Seikr.

Saros has family business this weekend maybe. I hope he can make it. because not sure if we'll do it if he isn't going.

But yes. Last weekend at Mount Mercy was a small taste of brawl get-togethers. 'twas a fun night.

I have more questions for Joker I'd like to ask.

ScarletPhoenix

Smash Rookie
We.. might make this.

By we I mean ScarletPheonix(Saros), and.. (I actually don't know his smashboards name) Seikr.

Saros has family business this weekend maybe. I hope he can make it. because not sure if we'll do it if he isn't going.

But yes. Last weekend at Mount Mercy was a small taste of brawl get-togethers. 'twas a fun night.

dont let me be such a huge facter for ya guys but ill try my best to make then though...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Who is drivin to the labor day fest? I'm up to go and play games, hang out and whatnot. I haven't played Powerstone 2 in yonder someone team with me! :D

Soran

Smash Ace
I watched Mafia.

I believe I have the first one. I don't play it though. it's my cousin's actually. He let our second cousin borrow it and my second cousin left it at my house. and then my cousin moved and didn't get it back. he can't really play it anyway. also not like he would if he could. terrible game that is.

I only like Saint's Row 2 and ONLY because you can customize your character and everything.

my dude was swizeet. british accent. mime facepaint. this awesome crew cut. white-T and track pants. can't forget the backpack. gosh. he was stylin' !

But yeah, I don't play games like that though. I do like TES IV: Oblivion. F3 has look sensitivity issues with me so I don't play it. LoZ all the way >: P (lack of t2d but the world is immersive and beautiful)

§chizm

Smash Lord
We.. might make this.

You should come.
And MM me.

What questioonnsss?

Also that Mafia game looks mad ********.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I watched Mafia.

I believe I have the first one. I don't play it though. it's my cousin's actually. He let our second cousin borrow it and my second cousin left it at my house. and then my cousin moved and didn't get it back. he can't really play it anyway. also not like he would if he could. terrible game that is.

I only like Saint's Row 2 and ONLY because you can customize your character and everything.

my dude was swizeet. british accent. mime facepaint. this awesome crew cut. white-T and track pants. can't forget the backpack. gosh. he was stylin' !

But yeah, I don't play games like that though. I do like TES IV: Oblivion. F3 has look sensitivity issues with me so I don't play it. LoZ all the way >: P (lack of t2d but the world is immersive and beautiful)
You should come so that u can get get turned into a combo ***** hahahahahha.

resTy

Smash Champion
Have you guys looked at the "Views" for this thread?
I think it's among the Top 5 Most Viewed Threads on SWF.
Ridiculous...

Trent

Smash Champion
It's because I view it 100,000 times a day.

EDIT-Holy crap, when did I reach 1,000 posts? I'm upset that I missed it.

Soran

Smash Ace
You should come.
And MM me.

What questioonnsss?

Hmm... My friend told me today he plans on going. BUT his car is effed up and he says it won't make it to Dez Moines from friggin Cedar Rapids. T~T. I'm liek, effff.

But we have another friend that can do it. But darn it! this kid is always busy.

As for the MM... I have a MM against mjg this November(Long ways away rite? xD) and I'm pretty sure I'm losing $10. I don't think I need to lose anymore money / :, sorry. Not that I don't have confidence. But I don't have confidence. Also I'm bad at gimping/anti-gimping. I just head-up throw down at Brawl. MK is not a good MU for me unless I'm good at abusing Marth's Sword Dance. Longest spoiler mirite? xPP

As for questions I was wondering if it was on Sunday or Saturday. and maps and stuff. I could probably find a map myself but if someone can also find one, that would be a big help. I don't go to the residentials at all besides maybe once when I was a wee' lad. Also is parking an issue? Thank you : )

You should come so that u can get get turned into a combo ***** hahahahahha.
combo *****?

what's that taste like? o.O

PortCity

Smash Ace
Hmm... My friend told me today he plans on going. BUT his car is effed up and he says it won't make it to Dez Moines from friggin Cedar Rapids. T~T. I'm liek, effff.

As for questions I was wondering if it was on Sunday or Saturday. and maps and stuff. I could probably find a map myself but if someone can also find one, that would be a big help. I don't go to the residentials at all besides maybe once when I was a wee' lad. Also is parking an issue? Thank you : )
It will be on Sunday. Parking is not an issue. PM me and I'll give you the address.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Have you guys looked at the "Views" for this thread?
I think it's among the Top 5 Most Viewed Threads on SWF.
Ridiculous...
Well I probably view the thread myself like 10 times a day.
It's on Sunday but you could probably come to Joker's Saturday night if you want and stay there.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
^That monstrosity is not what I'd call "sexy." That is possibly the worst design for a console ever.

Why does it say HD-DVD on the slot there?

WTF at that VMU.

I just hope the console itself is true and not all that other garbage. Those launch games would be sweet though.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
^That monstrosity is not what I'd call "sexy." That is possibly the worst design for a console ever.

Why does it say HD-DVD on the slot there?

WTF at that VMU.

I just hope the console itself is true and not all that other garbage. Those launch games would be sweet though.
It looks silly but its silly in the same way most of SEGA's consoles were, so its instant buy.

The mock-ups are old, but I think the VMU is adorable lol. Too bad I don't think anyone would want to carry it around but it does make perfect sense for a modern VMU.

Lots of other reasons to believe in a new console are the trademark of japanese websites for PSO2, Valkyria Chronicles 3, Yakuza 6, and the fact that SEGA owns a good pocketful of arcade titles that still run on their hardware in Japan. Theres a lot of potential for a "Download-based" system and whatnot as has been rumored. I'm actually going to assume they're making two consoles, with most of the specs being similar there could also just be one Arcade set and one console, just as SEGA did in the old days.

Either way, SEGADrive is a pretty cool name. ^_^

Soran

Smash Ace
SEGADrive IS a cool name ^o^

interesting. if it does come out. I hope Melty can make it to the states. >.>

I mean, I'm not all that into it... but I'll at least give it a try.

my FAVORITE looking system though is the sexbox. that thing is just so. sexy. but I don't think I'll get it unless I have the money. my box has potential to be fixed for free rather than $200.
$200 is too much to spend on just ONE game. even if that game is Halo Reach. gawd I want that ) :,

Jayford

Smash Lord
SEGA is making a new console based on their current arcade hardware.

One of the launch titles is Melty Blood AACC, KoFXIII is also rumored.

I'm ****ing hyped.

http://seganewswire.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/4438408-rumor-sega-ringwave-

LOOK AT THAT **** ITS LIKE A SEXY COMPACT DREAMCAST. AND THE VMU IS AN MP4 PLAYER LOL.

I'd be so happy if this was all true. We'll know for sure by Tokyo Game Show since thats apparently when it'll be revealed.

More info: http://ringedgeringwide.blog.com/
LMAO at them using HD DVDs. It's a dead format >.>

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Dang, If Sega made another system, then that would be the default for all Fighters. In other news, I have no progression in StarCraft II. I need super help on basics.

Top Bottom