• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

resTy

Smash Champion
So is Christian housing us or Greg Dang or Chris McMullenburg?
Also, what is Christian's last name? I'm bicurious.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Congratulations.

I'd be up for both. I haven't played Power Stone 2 since I was 12.

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYn4XPfyQpk&feature=player_embedded
lolololol.
LOL THANK YOU FOR POINTING ME TO THIS SHOW. Wow I just watched some clips of this **** and was like "Hmm that girl looks familiar. HOLY **** THATS PRINCESS AURA" LOL. Of course America would be late to mainstreaming and televising competitive gaming AND do it in the worse way possible by making a reality TV show that has almost nothing to do with actual gaming. xDD

This is too good except Justin Wong needs to make it to elimination rounds and **** on people's hearts in a real game.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
^ Someone seems to be late to the party. lol

JWong is not doing us any favors and neither is Aura. >.> Yeah, but it might not be their fault entirely. As you can see, the show is putting its best effort to making gamers look like complete *******.

This show sucks... why am I watching it every week?

FYI I'm bringing two people on Sunday in my car. Plus, if the SRK guys decide to show that's like 3+ more people.

resTy

Smash Champion
Did anyone else think that the ugly, fat, FIFA playing homo who got elim'd in the first episode looks exactly like Nappy? Because I found that to be hysterical.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Actually Nebraska is bringing more than 5, I think the Nick/Trent/Tyser/Uli/???? is different than the Dan/Rob/Mexi/GG222 car. **** this is going to be bigger than the last jokers...
Yeah, Me Tyler Tyser Trent Uli = One car. So if you 5 are coming up too, lol all of Nebraska will show.

Sidenote: Me and Uli should change our names to start with a T.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You guys could always split the housing and whatnot. I figured thats what you guys would do actually.

If you do split though I wanna hang at Greg's with you guys.

Soran

Smash Ace
who plays TvC?
I just spent 2 hours learning combos. xD

JUST combos. I don't know how to play it though. : P

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'm a little bifurious.
Also Christian will pretty much have to house everyone because Greg is going to be in KC until super late Saturday night and I can't house anyone anyway.

Did anyone else think that the ugly, fat, FIFA playing homo who got elim'd in the first episode looks exactly like Nappy? Because I found that to be hysterical.
I definitely remember pointing that out.
Yeah, Me Tyler Tyser Trent Uli = One car. So if you 5 are coming up too, lol all of Nebraska will show.

Sidenote: Me and Uli should change our names to start with a T.
There's like 10 people coming from NE, lolol.
who plays TvC?
I just spent 2 hours learning combos. xD

JUST combos. I don't know how to play it though. : P
No one plays that awful game.
Bison is rigged.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dan just gave me the "I have to do my dishes" john so he isn't driving/coming. I had to take my grandpa's car to the shop and my car has been in the shop for longer than I've been born john. I might be able to convince my mom to let me use the Van, but I will see if Mexi's car could make it. If we make it we should seed everything Nebraska VS Iowa. Are there any other states coming? Also this means that our group has open spots/need for driver.

Blank-I will read up on TvC and attemt to at least hit you considering you made me cry the last time I played you. Joker isn't bad either :_Z I'm decent but all my matches have been me ****** n91bs or getting ***** by Iowa.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
my iowan bro's
5 NEians need housing saturday night
lemme know who wants to house us!!!!
:D
I can house you guys

@Everyone: Keep in mind that my basement isn't carpeted so make sure you bring extra pillows and blankets.

Joker's address is in the first post right? I'm gonna need a map to that and PortCity's place.

I'm thinking 5-6 people will be coming to this thing from my group. also spend the night at joker's?
My address in on the first post so check that out. I also assumed I was housing you guys so yeah BRING PILLOWS AND BLANKETS.

shower? rooms? stuff........... how will we handle that? oh, and parking. I really need information on where to park at Joker's AND PortCity's. I'm guessing PortCity's place has a parking lot rite?
You could probably use my shower if you need to. Everyone is going to be sleeping in the basement since I can't have people sleep upstairs sorry. Also avoid parking next to a mailbox also don't park in my driveway since the people living with us take all of it(that goes for everyone) and there shouldn't be a problem at PortCity's place.

Also ScarletPhoenix brought up a point to me. What if 40 people show up to joker's hypothetically?
will you house them all? this was just curiosity.
It seems there's like 15 people or so I may be housing mainly cause Love is going to go play Yugioh that day and isn't coming till late but when he comes back a few can probably stay with him.

I do have 3 couches and a extra bed so people may have to play for them, but if you have sleeping bags or inflatable beds do bring them cause like I mention before my basement isn't carpeted.

somethin goin down on saturday?
We're having and STD Saturday then there's a Brawlfest Sunday which is also an STD.

Either me or Greg once he comes back and you don't want to know >.<

resTy

Smash Champion
Well, at Joker's house, we're doing a round robin tournament in Brawl and Melee for beds/couches.
I've stepped on the floor of that basement on several occasions. I don't really wanna sleep on it xD

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
quick question... like since this SEEMS to be pretty big right now- will the entry for the singles tourney be $10 or are we keeping it at $5-- 'Cause like I'll feel like a total *** if we run SF or BB and ask for $5 from people just to get wrecked.

: |

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Well, at Joker's house, we're doing a round robin tournament in Brawl and Melee for beds/couches.
I've stepped on the floor of that basement on several occasions. I don't really wanna sleep on it xD
Nah dude. I heard it was a winner take all SC2 tourny, winner gets to push all the couches and beds together and make a MegaBed.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'm going to try and find a way up there this weekend, can't promise much since jake lives out in lorenz, nobody but me still plays smash around here =(

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Man, I want to go to this hardcore, but I can't go until later because I work and, not only that...I have no way to get there.

Sad day. :C

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Everyone: I got the key to the place and it looks like everything is a go. Check your PM's Saturday night...I'm going to email directions. Also PM or AIM me your cell phone numbers so I can text you the passcode to the gate (Why so much secrecy you ask? Cause I don't want my apt complex pass code floating aimlessly around the internet :-) ). Other news, we need setups and TV's. Again there is one in the room, I have 3, and the rooms probably can fit 7-9 (we need 3 - 5 more tvs) at the most. Extension cords and surge protectors would be highly coveted, so bring some if you can. Also, the offer still stands for getting a home cooked meal (Cajun - Caribbean Cuisine :) ). So far, 1 person has shown interest and if 7 more people decide to get some, then she will be more than glad to cook. Lastly, no one has the club house rented for Monday, so we can play until whenever people get tired. Anyway, I got real world stuff to do until Saturday night, so that is when I'll be checking my PM and responding back to you guys. See you Sunday and have safe trips to Joker's.

@Joker: I'm probably going to need you to attempt to bring a TV, your Wii's, surge protectors, DVD recorder, and other random things you feel we can use. I MAY stop by Saturday night to talk with you, but no guarantee. AIM me if you have any questions or if there are some things I need to know.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Man, I want to go to this hardcore, but I can't go until later because I work and, not only that...I have no way to get there.

Sad day. :C
WHAT?!! :(

@Joker: I'm probably going to need you to attempt to bring a TV, your Wii's, surge protectors, DVD recorder, and other random things you feel we can use. I MAY stop by Saturday night to talk with you, but no guarantee. AIM me if you have any questions or if there are some things I need to know.
Yeah I can probably bring a TV if I can fit it one in Love's car or if Skizm wants to take some, I'm definetly bringing both of my Wii's and DVD recorder plus some surge protectors.

lol Thor is such an awesome unit plus it will be awesome if he was the actual Governator ^.^

@Everyone: What time are people getting here, I will like to know so I can be ready and such.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'll be there tomorrow sometime in the noon. I'm just sleeping now so I probably won't wake up til like 3PM honestly lol.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So I can go! But PortCity you need to PM me the address, or else I won't know how to get there haha..

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Obviously Dan's dishes completely wiped out any chances of us making it so the other half of Nebraska isn't going to make it unless a miracle happens in like 9 hours or less.

resTy

Smash Champion
The bracket was destroyed so here's some of the results:

1: Sekou (Diddy)
2: Joker (Snake)
3: Tyser (Dedede)
4: Yink (Ness)

Don't remember the rest.

Top Bottom