• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Eww... Naruto games. They're fun, but only for like 3 hours. :laugh: I've been on a Pokemon Craze. I've been playing through HeartGold and buying cards for the TCG. I almost got the World Champion's deck from this year done.

Soran

Smash Ace
lolz, I try to get into mega man zero. but it's so hard!!!! I just want the EX skills. / :,

I'm terrible at mega man. I try to do A/S runs and get a B. I start over. I also hate collecting elves. that is what makes it hard. because they are in secret areas that you have to jump a bajillion times to get to. and it takes so much time. but I really liked UN2. missed out on 3 and wanted to play UNS. but since UNS2 is shippuden I HAVE to get it. also it has all my favorite characters and the akatsuki cloud pattern is actually correct in a naruto game for once! POOSHAWW!!!! it really never is right. there is always too many clouds or they are just in the wrong places. facepalm. This game looks good.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Whaaat such a lie. I totally told you how bomb that game was.

Writing a college thesis on Xenogears is like writing one on Evangelion, totally plausible for some reason..
Blank and I did have a 3 second discussion after the last Shermans about how awesome Xenogears was. And yes, Xenogears is basically a class in personality psychology all in itself so it was one of the easiest things I've ever written.

They say Brawl is campy but some of the matches I've seen from SSF4 where just them trowing fire ball at each other or 1 camping the other.
Welcome to Street Fighter. As I said I'm a capcom fanboy, and to prove that, I haven't played a KOF since the 4-in-1 arcade machines were the rule of SNK and I thought it was garbage. Though Samurai SHowdown (most) and Mark of Wolves are good games.

lolz, I try to get into mega man zero. but it's so hard!!!! I just want the EX skills. / :,

I'm terrible at mega man.
Dude Mega Man Zero made me throw my Gameboy Advance through my high school cafeteria I got so mad at it.

I'm terrible at mega man.
I'm down to teach all of yall how to play Mega Man if I attend this Memorial Day shindig. P.S. Battlemission/all non Classic/X/Zero/Soccer games are bad.

My beard is red.
My president is black, my Lambo's blue
And I'll be god****ed if my rims ain't too
My money's light green and my Jordans light grey
And they love to see white, now how much you tryna pay?

overtheunder

Smash Cadet
First before I forget I love your avatar Tyser ^.^

My beard is red.

Get at me.
k not really but I am thinking about it

Oh hell yeah mang you know I'm up for anything KOF related >.0

♫I always buy the soundtrack to each game. Oh it is the only thing that I will listen to. Oh sure one day it may drive me insane. You may think that I'm a fool. Well I'm here to say "Screw you!"♫

Well I'm never get bored of playing Brawl hell I'm learning Ice Climbers so yeah, I remember playing the first Powerstone a long time it was also the demo but **** it was fun, we could always play Naruto o.0

Are you talking about Brawl couse really we have Jlo and CBK still but haven't heard from Jlo and CBK is in love with his job XP
But yeah as for people who actually play Brawl in IA it will have to be Ngamer, Yink, Pcity and I which is enough for teams(Right Sekou).
Then theres also a couple of new faces who are wanting to improve and such but we haven't seen much of them yet.

Well you know me I'm always up for games and this sounds like a good idea, discuss.
hey it's colin, the kid who fell asleep on your bed for like 4 hours last time lol.

I'm definitely down for some brawl whenever I can. Just pm on here or post when you have having people over.

or pm your cell

Soran

Smash Ace
lolz Mega Man. I love Zero. I think it is good. I love the Mega Man mythos and shtuff.
good story IMO. it's just X7/8 have terrible enemies but the story for them is good.
I am one of those that consider X5 to be the end before Zero.

but labor day weekend? that sounds fun : )
but not for me. / :, (ortho appointment. what does the prefix ortho mean!? O.o`'` *googles* )

does anybody play monster hunter? ( :,

XenoStar

Smash Cadet
lolz Mega Man. I love Zero. I think it is good. I love the Mega Man mythos and shtuff.
good story IMO. it's just X7/8 have terrible enemies but the story for them is good.
I am one of those that consider X5 to be the end before Zero.

but memorial day weekend? that sounds fun : )
but not for me. / :,

does anybody play monster hunter? ( :,
are you ********? memorial day is in may, not sept.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
are you ********? memorial day is in may, not sept.
it looks like somebody dosent kno the diff between memorial day and labor day lol. anyways i want to game on labor day weekend but im gonna be at SM TOWN. i still want to take ur camcorder to LA and try to take it to the concert if i can. u should totally hook me up guy

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Actually, I was the one who said Memorial Day first, and yes, I'm ********, but I'm still good at video games!

X5 is the correct time to quit playing the X series. You should skip 7 (8 is an optional skip) in the classic series, and I haven't played Zero 4, but I bet it's good so you can play that entire series.

Soran

Smash Ace
lol *confuzzed* / :,

so I put memorial day because I read it........ >.> and did you edit the post or som'n?

lolz. don't see memorial day anywhere. I look like an idiot xD

*edits post*

inb4sumbuttcallsmenamesbecausetheyaremeanieswithnoheart >: P

PortCity

Smash Ace
Aight ya'll here is the status. Thursdays are SUPER open at the club house here at my apartment complex. Do you guys want to come up tomorrow? Talk about it on here tonight and if ya'll want to come then I'll get the key tomorrow. There is a big screen lcd in there, and I have 2 TV's. I have a Wii and a Dreamcast (with MVC2, Powerstone 2, Rival Schools 2 and other stuff), so we we will need at least one more setup for Melee/Brawl. It can start as early as 5 pm, but we just have to be done by maybe 3 ish. Anyway, discuss and hit me back.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Project Justice!?!? If I didn't have the flu, live in Nebraska and my car hadn't been in the shop for like 5 months I'd totally be there. Bring that to the Labor Day brawlfest.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Aight I will, where is it going to be? Haha. I know I proposed the idea, but I didn't solidify a location. If ya'll want, I can look into that too. It may be either the clubhouse or this place in Des Moines that I have access to.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Aight ya'll here is the status. Thursdays are SUPER open at the club house here at my apartment complex. Do you guys want to come up tomorrow? Talk about it on here tonight and if ya'll want to come then I'll get the key tomorrow. There is a big screen lcd in there, and I have 2 TV's. I have a Wii and a Dreamcast (with MVC2, Powerstone 2, Rival Schools 2 and other stuff), so we we will need at least one more setup for Melee/Brawl. It can start as early as 5 pm, but we just have to be done by maybe 3 ish. Anyway, discuss and hit me back.
Does the TV lag o.o
But yeah I can bring a set up I will like to discuss this cause I don't know who will be going if anyone there T.T

Project Justice!?!? If I didn't have the flu, live in Nebraska and my car hadn't been in the shop for like 5 months I'd totally be there. Bring that to the Labor Day brawlfest.
Hell we should just make it a biweekly in which case Trent needs to come down and maybe you can tag along.

FYI my sister is getting her stuff fix and I may have my basement back by then >.0

Also this XP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpMP06YElc

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Set a Date and I'll make Dan get it off too cause he said he'd drive to the next "jokers" and I doubt he'd care it's a bi-weekly.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well, seems not enough interest for this week. I still have until about 3 or so to get the key, so if anyone says something I'll read it and take action. If not, No biggie, we can shoot for next week.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Does the TV lag o.o
But yeah I can bring a set up I will like to discuss this cause I don't know who will be going if anyone there T.T

Hell we should just make it a biweekly in which case Trent needs to come down and maybe you can tag along.

FYI my sister is getting her stuff fix and I may have my basement back by then >.0

Also this XP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpMP06YElc
Hey Joker do you mind if we copy that video of us in that PKMN battle on your page and put it up on me and my friend's battle video youtube channel?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Set a Date and I'll make Dan get it off too cause he said he'd drive to the next "jokers" and I doubt he'd care it's a bi-weekly.
I was talking about the Labor Day weekend we could turn that into a biweekly, but the tourney won't be till Sunday or so cause then Ngamer and Yink can make it. However if you guys decide to come you're welcome to do so and stay the weekend if everything goes right it should work. The new IA people should come down that weekend too it should give you a lot of practice.

Well, seems not enough interest for this week. I still have until about 3 or so to get the key, so if anyone says something I'll read it and take action. If not, No biggie, we can shoot for next week.
Sadly I think is just you and me for a while, but if you still want you can come down for games >.0 plus \/

hey it's colin, the kid who fell asleep on your bed for like 4 hours last time lol.

I'm definitely down for some brawl whenever I can. Just pm on here or post when you have having people over.

or pm your cell
Yeah if you guys want to drop by today we can get some games going, also just post something here I don't have a cell so yeah but I'm always cheking the boards on Thursdays to make sure people are coming ^.^

Hey Joker do you mind if we copy that video of us in that PKMN battle on your page and put it up on me and my friend's battle video youtube channel?
Yeah sure I don't mind just make sure he links me back to my channel.

XenoStar

Smash Cadet
ill be at this labor day smash thing. who else is gonna be there? im so glad i can get a ride down to dsm. mason city sucks.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Ash chose some pathetic Pokemon for his Semi-Final Match. The only one that was worthy was his Sceptile.
Sceptile and Pikachu were good imo. Everyone else was bad. He needs his Kanto starters back. Anything Ash has ever won has been with those guys.

Out of all the sagas, Sinnoh has been the closest to the games, where people release pokemon that suck and legendaries are catchable by ordinary trainers.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Pikachu, Snorlax, Charizard, Infernape, Heracross, and the last slot could be for anything else that's good.

Primeape

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
He probably has 4 other Ubers that we don't know about. I'm kinda surprised they didn't follow the trend of revealing a next Gen Pokemon during the Pokemon League Championships. Probably in the next couple episodes they will.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well the plan for Labor Day is this...I have already confirmed the clubhouse here where I live for Sunday all day and night. There is pretty much no limit, just as long as no one rents it for Labor Day Monday. That is the backup plan. Some say it will be easier if I could get that place in Des Moines. I'll see if I can get that place for Sunday also. I'm assuming Sunday is the day pepole want to play. Is that the day everyone wants to play? Saturday is some football game, either here or in Iowa City...or somewhere, so I figured it was going down either Sunday or Monday. Any other issues need to be addressed? Once we decide on a location and time, I'll post the address to the place.

Top Bottom