• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

§chizm

Smash Lord
hey guys i'm on this website for the first time in years! miss you iowa!
Holy shit he's alive.
lolz >.< you guys are mean Dx

but yeah, if I see you again Schizm. it's going down. I mean, to your face. naah, I'm not a fighter. but I'll brawl anybody.

I'm going to Yink's Brainshock alpha.

get@me
I'm pretty sure it's slightly illegal for me to hit children.
Fighter? We don't wanna fight you dude. We are just giving you a hard time because it's funny... And because of your random ass posts.
The truth.
and we hate you.
1) PortCity is back in this 304!
2) Scott Pilgrim was tight!
3) Scott Pilgrim needed to add a bunch of "no homo"'s after a ton of jokes!
4) What is the deal with this coming semester? If ya'll need a hide out, I can try to schedule the conference room at my apartment complex every Thursday and ya'll come down to Ames for games. Kinda like we did back in 2009 when Andy was in Ames with me. The room is pretty big, we can be as loud as we want, and we don't have to be out until before 6 am the following day (plus it has a kitchen :-D...).
5) If people come down for games on Thursdays and they like the spot, we probably can use the place as a replacement location for the monthlies. There would be a few logistic differences, but nothing too major.
Yeah Scott Pilgrim was awesome.
That would probably work for games and stuff I guess.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
In other news, not as bad as Tyser, but I ran into a raccoon like 30 mins. ago and I completely devastated it. I felt bad cuz I looked behind my mirror and saw its buddy come up to inspect his dead friend. :(

1) PortCity is back in this 304!
2) Scott Pilgrim was tight!
3) Scott Pilgrim needed to add a bunch of "no homo"'s after a ton of jokes!
4) What is the deal with this coming semester? If ya'll need a hide out, I can try to schedule the conference room at my apartment complex every Thursday and ya'll come down to Ames for games. Kinda like we did back in 2009 when Andy was in Ames with me. The room is pretty big, we can be as loud as we want, and we don't have to be out until before 6 am the following day (plus it has a kitchen :-D...).
5) If people come down for games on Thursdays and they like the spot, we probably can use the place as a replacement location for the monthlies. There would be a few logistic differences, but nothing too major.
I would totally be up for this! This sounds legit since I'm the designated driver now. I would have to leave early though fellas if I have school Friday, which I have no clue what my schedule is. Scott Pilgrim was great!

§chizm

Smash Lord
In other news, not as bad as Tyser, but I ran into a raccoon like 30 mins. ago and I completely devastated it. I felt bad cuz I looked behind my mirror and saw its buddy come up to inspect his dead friend. :(
It's alright, raccoons are assholes.
haha, ohh, you clever. AND MEANIE >: \

but oh well. I don't care what you think. still, you should go to Brainshock Alpha : )
There's a decent chance I'll be there depending on projects and such.

PortCity

Smash Ace
http://hellmode.com/2010/08/14/my-darker-competitive-side/

Here is an pretty long, decent article about one guys desire to win at all costs. He played WoW, Starcraft 2, and even Mario Kart wayyyy too competitively, to the point where he would cry over mistakes (not losing, necessarily, but crying over mistakes). I think that if it gets to this point, that you should really look at your life and yourself OUTSIDE of gaming. Cause if or when people rage because they screw up or lose then it is, in my opinion, more of an issue of self esteem and self worth overall. I think I do a pretty good job of managing this. The nights I mess up a banana toss into d-smash I just charge it to being trashy in Brawl, not trashy overall in life.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
you mean "Let's Blue this" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Games today and/or tomorrow?
I'll have to say tomorrow I didn't sleep much last night and may pass out on you guys plus I need Skizm to teach me how to CG with ICs I got the forward and down grab some what but still need to get the timing and I can't do the back one at all T.T

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I was just going to PM this to a few people, but since I figured everyone is hype for starcraft now, I might as well post some of my favorite games in Broodwar in the Korean scene. (with English commentary) If the games are in multiple parts, they are easily findable.

Savior vs TT - Elimination race at the end. Stellar display of the never give up mentality.

Kal vs Zero - First use of infested terrans in competition that wasn't a humiliation ceremony.

Firebathero vs Jaedong - Great game and Battlecruisers vs Zerg. Crazy.

Firebathero vs Sheis - Nuke Rush

§chizm

Smash Lord
http://hellmode.com/2010/08/14/my-darker-competitive-side/

Here is an pretty long, decent article about one guys desire to win at all costs. He played WoW, Starcraft 2, and even Mario Kart wayyyy too competitively, to the point where he would cry over mistakes (not losing, necessarily, but crying over mistakes). I think that if it gets to this point, that you should really look at your life and yourself OUTSIDE of gaming. Cause if or when people rage because they screw up or lose then it is, in my opinion, more of an issue of self esteem and self worth overall. I think I do a pretty good job of managing this. The nights I mess up a banana toss into d-smash I just charge it to being trashy in Brawl, not trashy overall in life.
That's not a he.
Also people like that is why I stopped doing scrims/leagues in CS.

Games today and/or tomorrow?
I have tomorrow/Friday off so I can play games whenever.

I'll have to say tomorrow I didn't sleep much last night and may pass out on you guys plus I need Skizm to teach me how to CG with ICs I got the forward and down grab some what but still need to get the timing and I can't do the back one at all T.T
You don't want to learn ICs.
Trust me.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
I was just going to PM this to a few people, but since I figured everyone is hype for starcraft now, I might as well post some of my favorite games in Broodwar in the Korean scene. (with English commentary) If the games are in multiple parts, they are easily findable.

Savior vs TT - Elimination race at the end. Stellar display of the never give up mentality.

Kal vs Zero - First use of infested terrans in competition that wasn't a humiliation ceremony.

Firebathero vs Jaedong - Great game and Battlecruisers vs Zerg. Crazy.

Firebathero vs Sheis - Nuke Rush
I've actually watched a couple of those.

[Well one of them]

Did you ever watch the Pimpest Plays collection? Otherwise I never kept any of the SC1 replays I liked after I quit playing it. Are you on SC2 yet?

Soran

Smash Ace
YAY SCHIZM!

can I get a hug!? naah, i wouldn't want a hug from you! you aint dazwa! or doom.

but yeah, sweet dude. and Blue Hair will be... weird. xP this freshman at my school had his hair blue. he was a weird one. but he drew attention to himself with his strangeness. even though he was quiet. but seriously, blue is probably not a good idea. / :, but do what you do.

I feel Ike has an advantage over IC. I brawled this IC on FD and I won. the player gave me kudos because FD is one of ICs best stage. IC aren't that great anyway IMO. Schizm mains... MK? I saw some of your match with Trent when you were G&W. good stuff.

§chizm

Smash Lord
YAY SCHIZM!

can I get a hug!? naah, i wouldn't want a hug from you! you aint dazwa! or doom.

but yeah, sweet dude. and Blue Hair will be... weird. xP this freshman at my school had his hair blue. he was a weird one. but he drew attention to himself with his strangeness. even though he was quiet. but seriously, blue is probably not a good idea. / :, but do what you do.

I feel Ike has an advantage over IC. I brawled this IC on FD and I won. the player gave me kudos because FD is one of ICs best stage. IC aren't that great anyway IMO. Schizm mains... MK? I saw some of your match with Trent when you were G&W. good stuff.
Ike vs ICs is even or something like that, it's not in his favor.
I'm assuming you played an IC over wifi or something which automatically discredits everything about that match.
I don't really play Brawl anymore but I played MK/IC/G&W.

Also I will never hug you. :mad088:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
My aunt's sushi restaurant opened up at the Kaleidoscope yesterday. Pretty boss imo. ^_^

Too bad sushi is expensive as **** and its downtown otherwise totally say we should take a trip there one monthly.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
My aunt's sushi restaurant opened up at the Kaleidoscope yesterday. Pretty boss imo. ^_^

Too bad sushi is expensive as **** and its downtown otherwise totally say we should take a trip there one monthly.
Can u hook me up with some sushi Blank cause I'm dying to get good Sushi otherwise I'm stuck with sushi at the new Hyvee in west Omaha?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
YAY SCHIZM!

IC are way more dangerous threat than u relize Soran cause if u get grabbed by them ******* than u can kiss a stock goodbye and their one of his more harder matchups. Wanna learn more go to the Ike boards and research cause knowledge is power.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
IC are way more dangerous threat than u relize Soran cause if u get grabbed by them ******* than u can kiss a stock goodbye and their one of his more harder matchups. Wanna learn more go to the Ike boards and research cause knowledge is power.
"Did you know Ice Climbers will grab you?!"

I love this guy. Seriously.

Soran

Smash Ace
Ike vs ICs is even or something like that, it's not in his favor.
I'm assuming you played an IC over wifi or something which automatically discredits everything about that match.
I don't really play Brawl anymore but I played MK/IC/G&W.

Also I will never hug you. :mad088:
Did I say I'd hug you?

I. don't. think. so.

and grabs.. ehh.. not hard to avoid. but.. hmmm. sure. hard to avoid.

you don't really play brawl anymore. okay. neither do I.. lolz.
I mean, I play it every now and then. not recently at all though.

I also think you are Evil. / :< bleghhh!

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
After this trip to Omaha, I'm deciding to put up the sticks. No more Smash for a long time. This is a party game that we put to much seriousness in and it didn't pay off. Time to live life without the Smash. Still gonna hang out with with guys, but game is boring. This post is probably gonna be followed up by Skizm.

§chizm

Smash Lord
After this trip to Omaha, I'm deciding to put up the sticks. No more Smash for a long time. This is a party game that we put to much seriousness in and it didn't pay off. Time to live life without the Smash. Still gonna hang out with you guys, but game is boring. This post is probably gonna be followed up by Skizm.
What he said.

Also, dicks.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
After this trip to Omaha, I'm deciding to put up the sticks. No more Smash for a long time. This is a party game that we put to much seriousness in and it didn't pay off. Time to live life without the Smash. Still gonna hang out with with guys, but game is boring. This post is probably gonna be followed up by Skizm.

You just aren't working on the right things, or people are getting better just as much as you have progressed.

If you want it, you will work harder.

Obviously you don't, so your just not going to try hard.

Don't quit the game just enjoy it casually. Mo does, he still trys in matches and has a good time.

Tbh everyone besides Joker and Trent are the only Competitive gamers around here. They travel and actually understand the mindset you have to have to get better/be better than everyone else in brawl.

Same goes for melee. Devon and I are really the only Competitive gamers for the game. Some that follow are bolun, uli, tony, echo sometimes.

Being a competitive gamer isn't based on how good you are but how you look at the game and TRAVELING for the game.

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
Heya, I heard about Joker's Monthly from some guys I played with at Anime Iowa, and it's great to know there is some smash in the area. I look forward to playing with you guys whenever this gets up and running again.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Heya, I heard about Joker's Monthly from some guys I played with at Anime Iowa, and it's great to know there is some smash in the area. I look forward to playing with you guys whenever this gets up and running again.
yeaaaa this guy stepping it up moar than the rest of iowa lol

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
After this trip to Omaha, I'm deciding to put up the sticks. No more Smash for a long time. This is a party game that we put to much seriousness in and it didn't pay off. Time to live life without the Smash.
It's a party game that got competetive I think any game can be actually like Mega Man speed runs so yeah.
But hey man Omaha is a though scene they being playing the game more seriously before us and we still haven't catch up and the fact that we don't really play neither Melee/Brawl enough makes us do bad T.T

I can't -_- Once you hit this level, it's impossible...
Yeah I don't think I can quit really the only time I'll is when everyone stops but luckly there's new people that we keep meeting, Brawl wise at least XP

Very true. Although I wish I could travel more often for Brawl T.T

Awesome and hey mang I may not have tourneys going on right now but feel free to come down and play some friendlies if you live near just post something here and we can set something up.

Pokemon Battles need to be part of your Tourney whenever you start this stuff back up.
Yes, yes they do specially cause I been battling a lot of people resently trough Serebii.

yeaaaa this guy stepping it up moar than the rest of iowa lol
Someone has too >.0

So yeah anything going on today I want to play some SC2, does Skizm have a copy I think he does I think he mention something about it. Yeah I'm pretty sure he does, or does he hmm. . . . . . . . . . . . yes he does. . . . . . . . or. . . . . . . .he has it WAIT did I just FFFFFFF.

So anyways Skizm should bring a copy so I can install it on my comp and see if it can run it even if it's on the lowest quality which isn't bad really. Then maybe later watch Expadables >.0

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
**** straight the Omaha scene owns in Mega Man speed runs, I just wish I could make money playing it :/

And what are you talking about brawlwise? Omaha just plays Brawl- and we are nowhere near as good as Iowa in Brawl or Brawl- as a whole even though everyone in IA has quit brawl except you.

Top Bottom