• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

~GregDang!~

Smash Master

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Yes, I'm quoting myself. I would more than happy to drive to this, but I need another driver. I just thought of this too, This is happening right after Anime Iowa, so it would kinda make it a short drive there back back home = >_>. Discuss?
i would be willing to drive only if its not my car since my car is really poopy long distance wise. i dont really care much for anime iowa so im up for anything

Uli

Smash Champion
Yes, I'm quoting myself. I would more than happy to drive to this, but I need another driver. I just thought of this too, This is happening right after Anime Iowa, so it would kinda make it a short drive there back back home = >_>. Discuss?
omg i want to go but fffffffffffffffff
i dont think anyone from NE would want to go to the con and there D:

also greg i found a ride to the regional :3
meaning everyone in IA should come to the regional to visit me and give me food because i probably wont have money to feed my self hahahah.... ;_;

§chizm

Smash Lord
omg i want to go but fffffffffffffffff
i dont think anyone from NE would want to go to the con and there D:

also greg i found a ride to the regional :3
meaning everyone in IA should come to the regional to visit me and give me food because i probably wont have money to feed my self hahahah.... ;_;
Depending on how long it's going on I'll stop by after work.
Unrelated:

Cat Lantern vomiting acid blood.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Shes not really in the moderator group lulz, its just aesthetic.

Vedit: Woops, forgot about character boards.

Uli

Smash Champion
omg we should fear chloe now!!
she will BAN US!!!

EDITT: if jokers is on the 29th i cannot go for sure because my sisters graduation shindig is that day ;_;

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

Everyones going to pick grass lol. I mean I can see what they were trying to go for with the other two but... yeah <_<.

I'd pick the fire pig if it turned into a giant flaming Boota, dunno how the sea otter would redeem itself. I hope the grass snake evolves into Dragon/Grass, but a dragon starter is so unlikely lol.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
These starters are a new species of treecko, spoink, and a piplup/pachirisu hybrid lol

Dont know which one I want yet, but I bet the fire guy's gonna be the only bad starter. We shall see.

Supposedly the playable chars are older than 10 for once o.O. This game's trying to get mature :D.

§chizm

Smash Lord
These starters are a new species of treecko, spoink, and a piplup/pachirisu hybrid lol

Dont know which one I want yet, but I bet the fire guy's gonna be the only bad starter. We shall see.

Supposedly the playable chars are older than 10 for once o.O. This game's trying to get mature :D.
I kind of hoped they might change the starting Pokemon types eventually, but whatever.
I'll probably end up using Water again.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
These starters are a new species of treecko, spoink, and a piplup/pachirisu hybrid lol.
All the pokemon are really fusions. That new eevee + vulpix thing, Moeko, Luchador Spoink, and Bidotterplupirisu.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the pig. Yeah fire types are always bad, but if it was a bulky fire it might be pretty cool. Its sprite looks cute in that pic anyways.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
A bulky fire type would be a first for pokemon. If it's fire/gound like I think it might be, it not might be so bad if it's bulky since stealth rock wont do too much to it and it'll get taken down by water types just as easily as any other fire type would since they all suck at taking hits.

Since Black/White seems like a fusion game so far, maybe we'll finally see.......

Arceus better run

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Eck, really? I think all the new starters look pretty lametastic. Super disappoint. I was also praying for something other than the "lul fire water grass again gaiz!" but whatever, indeed. Also, it's interesting they're choosing to have it be more mature (potentially?) with some of the lamest looking starters yet.

On a happier note, I found Gyromite for $.95! yay!

On another note entirely, however, looking to get some games in tomorrow. Is Joker unreachable, or wut? Anyone else up for games, sometime in the evening? :) I'm living in Des Moines for the next couple weeks, so I'm hoping to see y'all a bit more often. ^_^

§chizm

Smash Lord
Eck, really? I think all the new starters look pretty lametastic. Super disappoint. I was also praying for something other than the "lul fire water grass again gaiz!" but whatever, indeed. Also, it's interesting they're choosing to have it be more mature (potentially?) with some of the lamest looking starters yet.

On a happier note, I found Gyromite for $.95! yay!

On another note entirely, however, looking to get some games in tomorrow. Is Joker unreachable, or wut? Anyone else up for games, sometime in the evening? :) I'm living in Des Moines for the next couple weeks, so I'm hoping to see y'all a bit more often. ^_^
Joker didn't have access to the boards until last night and he was sick today.
I know Pcity and Bolt are stopping by around 4 tomorrow and I'm coming by after work around 9.

§chizm

Smash Lord
New MvC 3 stuff-
--"The flow of combat is just as intense and hectic as MvC 2, and all the hardcore elements remain intact. Three-on-three tag-team combat returns, complete with the assists and team building structure of the previous title. Veterans can look forward to alpha, beta, and gamma assist types, snapbacks, and hyper move cancels. Even if you don't know what a snapback is, you're still going to be able to pull of show-stopping aerial raves, since the team at Capcom is streamlining the process for executing advanced maneuvers."
--They want to maximize depth while minimizing complexity, so that's why they decided on TvsC style light, medium, and hard attacks.
--Uppercut move is further simplified from TvsC, it receives it's OWN button, called the "exchange" button. Now in addition to uppercutting, you can choose the direction you slam them in, and continue the combo (like slamming them into the ground)
--Catch to that is if your opponent presses the same exchange direction as you do in a combo, than they escape your combo and counter with their own. "This exciting rock-paper-scissors element complements the simplification of launching foes into the air, integrating a new fold of strategy for hardcore MvC fans to chew on."
--A sort of cross-over areal rave can be performed, where you can safely change your character in the middle of an air combo, using the exchange button. (I'm assuming this works like tvc but the article doesn't exactly specify)
--Captain America, Felicia, Deadpool, and Dante confirmed. Though no screen shots are given of these new characters, they do have small bios.
--Deadpool: "Deadpool has the ability to teleport around the battlefield, but do it too many times and his device will backfire to hilarious results. Even breaking the fourth wall, Deadpool's special consists of beating down opponents with his own life bar."
--Dante: "He may be based on the young Devil May Cry 3 protagonist, but this Dante comes equipped with the best moves from the entire series. He can juggle rival fighters with his dual pistols, close distances by sliding on his knees while playing Nevan (his guitar weapon), and even activate his deadly Devil Trigger mode to increase his speed and power."
--Chris: "This BSAA agent brings over every weapon he can carry from Resident Evil 5 into Marvel vs Capcom 3. Chris devastates opponents with his pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, magnum, satellite laser, and grenade launcher (complete with fire, ice, and electric rounds). He also has a slide attack utilizing his electric baton."
--"If you were disappointed that you didn't see certain no-brainer Capcom characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii, don't give up hope. Niitsuma confirmed that big characters like Dante were saved from Tatsunoko for Marvel vs. Capcom 3."

I'm really looking forward to Deadpool and Dante. Also they said they saved some characters from TvC for MvC so maybe Phoenix Wright will make it?
I seriously hate TvC's control setup though.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful

Everyones going to pick grass lol. I mean I can see what they were trying to go for with the other two but... yeah <_<.

I'd pick the fire pig if it turned into a giant flaming Boota, dunno how the sea otter would redeem itself. I hope the grass snake evolves into Dragon/Grass, but a dragon starter is so unlikely lol.
XD! I still can't get over this...

I... I don't even.

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
New MvC 3 stuff

I'm really looking forward to Deadpool and Dante. Also they said they saved some characters from TvC for MvC so maybe Phoenix Wright will make it?
I seriously hate TvC's control setup though.
There's also screenshots from famitsu, and this info is from late saturday lulz.

What's wrong with the control scheme of TVC? It's the same as BB's except with less command normals and Drive is the partner button.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
The launcher button activating a RPS game is soooo anime fighter lol. MvC3: Budokai edition, complete with dragon rush style launchers.

I do think its silly they saved chars for MvC3. Its pretty much like "We never really wanted this game to live." And after MvC3 TvC will be dead for sure.

EDIT: New KoF looks nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r6M9kw_6Q0&playnext_from=TL&videos=ZikPnksW-Hw&feature=sub

The 3D models are kinda more obvious but yeah, lol Raiden ****.

PortCity

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure Debo and I will show up from like maybe at 4 or 5 until whenever. Everyone should show up early, I'd happily play some Melee with you guys as incentive.

Top Bottom