• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
are you going to the regional saturday?!
i dont think that i can since i work friday and saturday night. i need atleast some sleep before working saturday night, also i think that the asian festival is on saturday so i might want to hit that up for alittle bit before i have to go to work

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
@Schism

It's against the law for Smash players to play other fighters, watch out.

What is wrong with the TvC setup? Uh one less button? And with this gimmick button that's four again. So...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
@Schism

What is wrong with the TvC setup? Uh one less button? And with this gimmick button that's four again. So...
PFTTTTTTTT

Thats why if you're a real smasher like me, you wouldn't play mainstream fighters. You would be drawn to poverty fighters and donjon gaems.

§chizm

Smash Lord
LOL I don't even think I could do that.
@Schism

Wut?
Also it's not necessarily the button layout that bothers me, it's that doing actions in TvC felt really "loose"

There should be games tomorrow because me and Matt will be in the neighborhood.
Wait what?
I don't want to read about Joker beating his snake...

Ptato

Smash Cadet
Alright, it's official I'm quitting Meta***, cuz he's, well, a ***. I need to stop leaning on a broken character and use someone that's actually my style. Even if ZSS doesn't work out. I'm not going back unless I can't find a good main by september.

resTy

Smash Champion
Good shit, JBM.
Let's fire up Nebraska Brawl again.
We'd be hella ****.

Also, are there games today?
I'll be in town in 4 hours and I'll be there til Saturday night.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Good shit, JBM.
Let's fire up Nebraska Brawl again.
We'd be hella ****.

Also, are there games today?
I'll be in town in 4 hours and I'll be there til Saturday night.
Just probably card games my man, unless you go to Joker's for Brawlol. :)

resTy

Smash Champion
I'd be down for a lil Barwlol :')
I haven't seen the fellas in months :'(

Anyways, I'm leaving now so prepare your self.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
You would get here right as I'm leaving. Oh well.

My mewtwo needs work, I hate how easy Taj makes it look. Frick. I kept messing up my nairs and wavedash>dtilts. GG's last night though. My DK in melee is for real.

Brawl was good too, I need to be less aggressive.

RMZ

Smash Cadet
Well I'm new to the whole smash tourney thing. So if someone would so kindly tell me when is the next tourney is going to happen?

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Well I'm new to the whole smash tourney thing. So if someone would so kindly tell me when is the next tourney is going to happen?
The 29th of this month, usually start around 12-1pm.

Might I ask which char you use? Where you're from? etc? :p

RMZ

Smash Cadet
^Lol :( (I feel ya)

Well I like to main Link honestly but lately been switching it up with Snake and Peach.
(Yeah I know where Link stands in tiers but I've been with him since the beginning. So old habits die hard. I've been doing all I can to see if I can stick with him... )

I live in Des Moines near the East Village.

Just going to come by and see where I stand since a college friend of mine who is a regular at the Joker tourneys says that I have potential. She goes by r0ng I think.

All of my family members are fellow smashers so they may join me as well. So far limited knowledge with AT so I know I will get my *** handed to me but hey I got to learn somehow.

Afrayail

Smash Ace

Well I like to main Link honestly but lately been switching it up with Snake and Peach.
(Yeah I know where Link stands in tiers but I've been with him since the beginning. So old habits die hard. I've been doing all I can to see if I can stick with him... )

Just going to come by and see where I stand since a college friend of mine who is a regular at the Joker tourneys says that I have potential. She goes by r0ng I think.

All of my family members are fellow smashers so they may join me as well. So far limited knowledge with AT so I know I will get my *** handed to me but hey I got to learn somehow.
Ah HAH! When you mentioned the Link thing, your name made sense.

Afrayail is my account here, though I've been using r0ng as my tag lately. Wicked awesome you got an account! Do you have a ride to next Joker's?

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
please tell me you use peach.....it gets lonely around here.
Count how many Yoshis there are.

Low tiers suck. /sadface

RMZ

Smash Cadet
Ah HAH! When you mentioned the Link thing, your name made sense.

Afrayail is my account here, though I've been using r0ng as my tag lately. Wicked awesome you got an account! Do you have a ride to next Joker's?
Well I believe it's going to be my brother but that's tentative. So if you want to provide me a ride sure. XD I thought RMZ would be a dead give away since it's a play on my last name.

Also when you play my cousin he may either a) be an *** to just mess with you and/or b) start flirting with you either way just be prepared. He's never played BRAWL but he's still willing to play you on your stomping grounds.

Hopefully I can get some BRAWL training in before the tourney.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I just got moved into my apartment in Iowa. I am about 95% confirmed. I am winning the melee side tournament :p
...lulz.
please tell me you use peach.....it gets lonely around here.
Hey I use Peach.
In the game she's better in.

Count how many Yoshis there are.

Low tiers suck. /sadface
There'd technically be more if he was Mario's down-b. :bee:
Well I believe it's going to be my brother but that's tentative. So if you want to provide me a ride sure. XD I thought RMZ would be a dead give away since it's a play on my last name.

Also when you play my cousin he may either a) be an *** to just mess with you and/or b) start flirting with you either way just be prepared. He's never played BRAWL but he's still willing to play you on your stomping grounds.

Hopefully I can get some BRAWL training in before the tourney.
You could probably just let us know if you ever wanted to play games before the tournament day. If you're by the East Village you probably wouldn't be that far away from anyone.

RMZ

Smash Cadet
Oh cool thanks for the offer. May hold you up on it if I have time. Friday I'm usually stuck playing the house wife at home since I babysit for my older sister.

Oh quick question do I have to bring my own controller?

§chizm

Smash Lord
Oh cool thanks for the offer. May hold you up on it if I have time. Friday I'm usually stuck playing the house wife at home since I babysit for my older sister.

Oh quick question do I have to bring my own controller?
Yeah you can pretty much just post something if you're ever interested in games and someone will answer.

Yeah I would suggest bringing your own controller. We usually have a few extras but they might feel weird to you or something. People are particular about their sticks. :bee:

PortCity

Smash Ace
Tyser, If you stay until Sunday I'll show up to play some Melee and Brawl. I haven't spoke to Debo / Bolt, but it is a good guess if he isn't doing anything he will come too. I have a phone conference at 2 pm, but after that i'm free to show up.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Who the hell is Jayford? Is he actually somebody or just some crust bucket who thinks he's good?
I play melee at Purdue all the time. I like to think I am pretty good :p. I just started Brawl tho lol. I play with Krystez and Njzfinest alot in Brawl. If anyone needs a partner this weekend I am down. In Brawl I play Puff and Falco. In Melee I play pretty much everyone, but my mains would be Jiggs, Fox, and Link.

resTy

Smash Champion
Hey, Trent. Are you going to Joker's next monthly?
If you go, I would like to catch a ride with you if possible.
Yulai and Matt aren't going and I'm assuming Dekline and the rest of Nebraska won't either.
Holla atcha boi!

*made it to Nebraska safe :')

§chizm

Smash Lord
I play melee at Purdue all the time. I like to think I am pretty good :p. I just started Brawl tho lol. I play with Krystez and Njzfinest alot in Brawl. If anyone needs a partner this weekend I am down. In Brawl I play Puff and Falco. In Melee I play pretty much everyone, but my mains would be Jiggs, Fox, and Link.
You mean next weekend.
Hey, Trent. Are you going to Joker's next monthly?
If you go, I would like to catch a ride with you if possible.
Yulai and Matt aren't going and I'm assuming Dekline and the rest of Nebraska won't either.
Holla atcha boi!

*made it to Nebraska safe :')
Give this bitch a ride.

Top Bottom