• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Everybody's most hated Sheik is hyped and will be there along with a strange anal fascinated Lucas and a happy-go-lucky TL. Lookin forward to seein you all.

Also what's the deadline to get passes to MLG?

§chizm

Smash Lord
Everybody's most hated Sheik is hyped and will be there along with a strange anal fascinated Lucas and a happy-go-lucky TL. Lookin forward to seein you all.

Also what's the deadline to get passes to MLG?
Looks like we'll have a decent amount of people. I think those guys from Lamoni might be coming as well.
I believe the deadline is May 31st. If we're actually going I have to know like 2 weeks ahead of time to take off work though...so it would be nice for Peeks to let us know reallllly soon if he can go or not.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
If he doesn't reply soon, feel free to toss his number my way and I'll text. Evidently my phone didn't like his number, so it spat it out @_@;

also good games last night, guys! teams = too fun.

do we know which OoSers besides nebraskans are coming? Kansas, MO? MN?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Just like in January, June is full of tourneys too:

MLG Columbus 2010 - June 4-6th
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273739

Sherman's Monthly - June 12th
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256714

SLAST - Smells Like a Smash Tournament - 06/19/2010, Wichita, KS
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271351

Joker's Monthly - June 26th
This is probably a maybe since is way ahead of schedule >.<

Iowa needs more drivers XD

Also Trent how does MLG do doubles can some one just walk in and sign up for it or you have to buy the pass and/or have enter Singles anything you can tell us will help Sekku and I please do here's something as thanks XD

Trent

Smash Champion
As far as I know, MLG doubles will only hold 64(?) teams. The top 128 that placed get priority over everyone else, and I do believe you have to pay for Singles in order to enter Doubles? I'm not sure.

Orlando only had 44 teams so as long as he entered singles I'm sure he'd be fine, but ask Alpha Zealot or something to see if he can JUST enter doubles if there's less than 64 teams.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman
yea i wana know about the MLG passes too cuz i already took the 4th-6th off so i wana go now...^_^v so do i need to buy them like now?

that is if there is a spot for me???

resTy

Smash Champion
In case there is any confusion for some reason, our money match is in Melee.
Everyone in town knows I don't like Brawl :') Although I'm probably gonna enter anyways.

§chizm

Smash Lord
If he doesn't reply soon, feel free to toss his number my way and I'll text. Evidently my phone didn't like his number, so it spat it out @_@;

also good games last night, guys! teams = too fun.

do we know which OoSers besides nebraskans are coming? Kansas, MO? MN?
No one ever confirms if they're coming until like a day before the tournament.
Except the 12th is the showdown and it's gonna be huge!
...That's what she said?
Tyser your signature always makes me laugh, mostly JBM's.

Also, ULI in that thing kinda looks like Fall.
Lulz.
I didn't know there were people in IC that play : D. I am fairly close to IC. If you ever want to play let me know or text me 219-309-0728.
I just want you to know that every time you post I see Miley Cyrus and it makes me rage.
Everyone in town knows I don't like Brawl :') Although I'm probably gonna enter anyways.
If we have to play in Brawl we should just plank each other for 8 minutes.

Joker I might show up later for games for a little bit.

resTy

Smash Champion
I'm gonna play Dedede the entire time, at least that's what I have planned.
I dunno if he is capable of planking efficiently but we'll see wassup :S

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Lemme know who wins this. I wanna see if Jayford is up to par with nebraska smursh.

nevershootme

Smash Master
§chizm: <3 She is the best tho ;D

resTy: Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way.

nevershootme: Which hotel because if it is by Rockwell Collins we can play after I get off work :D.
yea right next to rockwell (uhh baymont inn i think?), and that's the company i work at now lol, I work in melbourne ops and potentially moving to iowa for full time work.

send me an IM on aim or something, I wanna talk about work-ish stuff over there.

i dunno if i'm gonna bring my wii or 360 stick or something.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Debo and PCity coming to visit the Joker....tomorrow.....6 pm....good luck to all who oppose them :-D

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Christian and I will stop you because we'll be packing Storm, Sentinel, and Magneto on our team with occasional back-up from Cable, Captain Commando, and Psylocke. =)

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
You can't run all flyers man, you'll get shut down by sentinels alone if you don't do the ditto. You need Capcom or Cyclops for the anti-air support period.

I wish Hsien-Ko or Talbain was in MvC3. Then I would run Darkstalkers team all dayyyy.

EDIT: Kudou if you read this I want to play MBAA wif you when I come back.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well for one, when do u plan to come back? secondly, y all of a sudden u wanna play MBAA? i havent touched that game in yonders, i think that i only remember like 4 legit combos after nerdin it when the game first came out. neitherless i'll still play, just gotta get back into the swing of things first thats all

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'll be back in like 3 weekends lol.

I mainly want to play MBAA because its just fun to play and it has evo hype now. I can help you grind melty skilz if you really want to play. Theres only a handful of MBAA players down here, but I'm interested in it enough to travel.

Are you guys still going to Japan?

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I f*cked up my toe good today during volleyball. bent like half my toenail back, there was a lot of blood at the time. It looks pretty gross. I'm pretty intoxicated, and it still hurts like a mother. I'm really glad I'm intoxicated right now, cause it would hurt a lot worse sober.

Oh yeah, se'kou and I are gonna eff ppl up tomorrow in teams. just a heads up. peeps better show up for games.

resTy

Smash Champion
I once got my entire index finger stuck in the middle of a bike chain.
Took 2 minutes to get that bad boy out and it was awful.
My finger was fucked up for a good year.
It still doesn't even work right xD

But yeah, I wanna play some games with you ninjas.
I might creep tomorrow, believe it :')

§chizm

Smash Lord
Debo and PCity coming to visit the Joker....tomorrow.....6 pm....good luck to all who oppose them :-D
I'll be there around 9 after work.
I'll be back in like 3 weekends lol.

I mainly want to play MBAA because its just fun to play and it has evo hype now. I can help you grind melty skilz if you really want to play. Theres only a handful of MBAA players down here, but I'm interested in it enough to travel.

Are you guys still going to Japan?
I'll play MBAA.
I wanna play loli fighters too.

I once got my entire index finger stuck in the middle of a bike chain.
Took 2 minutes to get that bad boy out and it was awful.
My finger was fucked up for a good year.
It still doesn't even work right xD

But yeah, I wanna play some games with you ninjas.
I might creep tomorrow, believe it :')
Greg and I have shown up in NE at random times so it wouldn't surprise me.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I'll play MBAA.
I wanna play loli fighters too.
The best most rage-worthy games right here.

If Super becomes a thing I'll have to grind some Juri at Jokers.

JBM's not going? D: Tyser tell me who wins in your money match yo.

Also you guys are gross ewwww stop ittt.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I'm afraid i'm gonna have to cancel on games today. My toe is really effed up, pretty swollen and just extremely painful. I'm gonna lay off of it and keep it elevated all day, I need it to heal quickly so I can get back to the gym.

-_- I'll try to show up for games next week.

Top Bottom