• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Tyser - Me and Tyler plan on going too, so if you couldn't get a ride with Trent [and if we can't ALL ride in his car :p] then we can take people in Tyler's car.

Trent

Smash Champion
We can all just ride in my car, s'koo. We'll probably leave Saturday morning and leave Sunday morning if people are all right with that.

Afrayail

Smash Ace
Yay! Nebraska!! <3 I've missed everyone!!

Nick, teach Connor to suck less with ZSS. And practice with me so I can see what this infinite **** is like (if you got it down?)

Also I'll have to check out your vid, Trent! I'm so pumped for you :)

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
OMGZ INTERNETZ HOW I MISSED YOU :cry:

Where to begin >.<

First of the tourney is on the 29th of May so if people want to practice or play games before the tourney you're more then welcome just give us a heads up so then you get more people to show ^.^

Second is there any news about MLG is Iowa still going Peeks get at us since we have to buy passes before they sell out.

Third MvC3 sounds too good specially cause I like the TvC layout I mean what's the point of having 3 different attack buttons keep it nice and simple like SNK A, B, C, D.
Also Dante "Hell Is About Time" I already know I'm maining Dante and Chris for sure and Phoenix Wright if he makes it >.0

Fourth Nebraska left and Matt didn't even play me in Pokemon what's up with that T.T

Finally love the combo vid Trent I enjoyed watching it, I think I have watched it 3 times now going on four XP

Oh yeah one more thing.
People have ask me if I'm going to start using some of the stages from MLG personally I'll love to see Green Greens back but what you guys think.

Here's what it will look like if we change the list:

Added from MLG

Neutrals:

-Battlefield
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Final Destination
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks:

-Brinstar
-Frigate Orpheum
-Green Greens
-Jungle Japes
-Norfair
-PictoChat
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

However Jungle Japes is banned in MLG so I'm pretty sure it was either that or No Fair so yeah <(^.^<)

Afrayail

Smash Ace
MLG has a janky stage list. I think the tourney--supercon?--we were looking at is more legit, but that's just my opinion. I have a burning hatred for Green Greens
soooo bad

If MLG is a real possibility, then practice is probably a good thing, so it's fair. Though it just seems weird to add those to neutrals, I usually see subtractions.

Trent

Smash Champion

Where to begin >.<

First of the tourney is on the 29th of May so if people want to practice or play games before the tourney you're more then welcome just give us a heads up so then you get more people to show ^.^

Second is there any news about MLG is Iowa still going Peeks get at us since we have to buy passes before they sell out.

Third MvC3 sounds too good specially cause I like the TvC layout I mean what's the point of having 3 different attack buttons keep it nice and simple like SNK A, B, C, D.
Also Dante "Hell Is About Time" I already know I'm maining Dante and Chris for sure and Phoenix Wright if he makes it >.0

Fourth Nebraska left and Matt didn't even play me in Pokemon what's up with that T.T

Finally love the combo vid Trent I enjoyed watching it, I think I have watched it 3 times now going on four XP

Oh yeah one more thing.
People have ask me if I'm going to start using some of the stages from MLG personally I'll love to see Green Greens back but what you guys think.

Added from MLG

Neutrals:

-Battlefield
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Final Destination
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks:

-Brinstar
-Frigate Orpheum
-Green Greens
-Jungle Japes
-Norfair
-PictoChat
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

However Jungle Japes is banned in MLG so I'm pretty sure it was either that or No Fair so yeah <(^.^<)
BABY YOKER'S ALIVE!!

To be honest, that stage list is cool and all, but too many neutrals. The reason 9 neutrals work in MLG is because of the way they strike them. 9 is just way too many to strike one by one, so I'd say move two of them to CPs and you're solid.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
this is all that matters. i know that i cant last very long without my internetz lol.

I'd use MLG's exact stage list so that you're prepared for what ever Brawl-ness ensues at MLG.
this is very true. i would do just this because u would need some kind of experience with those certain stages just in case it ever pops up

§chizm

Smash Lord
NP TYSAH. Nebraska's gonna own the monthly.

BTW, in case anyone cares, I finished my combo video this morning if anyone wants to take a looksie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmMrwcacpA8

I just kind of whipped it up.
I approve of the use of The Strokes.
Also Fsmash more.

Tyser - Me and Tyler plan on going too, so if you couldn't get a ride with Trent [and if we can't ALL ride in his car :p] then we can take people in Tyler's car.
Weren't you guys going to come to the last monthly or something?
Haven't seen you dudes in a while.

Yay! Nebraska!! <3 I've missed everyone!!

Nick, teach Connor to suck less with ZSS. And practice with me so I can see what this infinite **** is like (if you got it down?)

Also I'll have to check out your vid, Trent! I'm so pumped for you :)
Connor needs to use more of ZSS's aerials. They're pretty rigged.

Where to begin >.<

Oh yeah one more thing.

Added from MLG

Neutrals:

-Battlefield
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Final Destination
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks:

-Brinstar
-Frigate Orpheum
-Green Greens
-Jungle Japes
-Norfair
-PictoChat
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

It would probably be alright I guess. Honestly, Castle Siege and Delfino are going to get struck every time anyway because they are nowhere near being Neutral. That's a lot of stages though if we're only striking one, MLG used some stupid striking system. Norfair and Green Greens are both kind of dumb but whatever, if anyone counterpicks me to either stage I'm probably going to plank them.

Also I might swing by for a bit tomorrow Christian.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yeah, last month didn't work out so well. But we're confirmed for this months.

This.

Also - What all games are going on? Other than Brawlol?

There will probably be a Melee side tourney and I dunno what else. I know we've been playing some Super so we can probably have a setup for it after most of the tournament matches are done if nothing else. We always end up with random side tourneys so I'm not sure.

(C)ome(B)ack(K)id

Smash Journeyman

Where to begin >.<

Oh yeah one more thing.

Added from MLG

Neutrals:

-Battlefield
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Final Destination
-Halberd
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokémon Stadium 1
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks:

-Brinstar
-Frigate Orpheum
-Green Greens
-Jungle Japes
-Norfair
-PictoChat
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

YEA it sucks without it...pretty bad...>_<

im hyped for MvC3 i play 2 alot now...i didnt know they were gunna put dante in DANG i wana main that guy too..chris redfeild is gunna be sweet...^_^

DANG i wana go to this tourny but i have to work like always since its grad month and i cant get any days off which is bull....ill def. show up after i get off tho

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
BABY YOKER'S ALIVE!!

To be honest, that stage list is cool and all, but too many neutrals. The reason 9 neutrals work in MLG is because of the way they strike them. 9 is just way too many to strike one by one, so I'd say move two of them to CPs and you're solid.
Actually I was just thinking of adding Green Greens and No Fair to the counter pick list but yeah.

Connor needs to use more of ZSS's aerials. They're pretty rigged.

Also I might swing by for a bit tomorrow Christian.
Yeah personally I love using her Uair it's sooooooooo good
And kool beans any one else
looking at you Afrayail, Ptato

Also - What all games are going on? Other than Brawlol?
Most likely Melee assuming Tyser want's to do it cause I don't think Uli is coming since I don't bother with it anymore other wise just Brawl >.<

How about a Brawl- side-tourney?? :)

I'd use MLG's exact stage list so that you're prepared for what ever Brawl-ness ensues at MLG.
Yeah actually when ever I play games I try to go to every stage rather then just playing neutrals all day.

this is all that matters. i know that i cant last very long without my internetz lol.
Oh man it was like hell I didn't know what to do with myself and there was like NOTHING on tv plus I have just beaten Ogre Battle 64 so I was like FFFFFFFF
I thought I had to go and find a women SEARS catalog for a second there taking it old skool XD

Also this game is just awesome:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416

Afrayail

Smash Ace
What time should we show up/when is Chris coming over? Connor works tonight but I think it's likely we can come over for awhile.

§chizm

Smash Lord
What time should we show up/when is Chris coming over? Connor works tonight but I think it's likely we can come over for awhile.
Pcity and I are both showing up around 4-5.
I'll probably stay till 7 or 8.
Hyper Viper Beam
Hyper Viper Beam
Hyper Viper Beam
Hyper Viper Beam
Hyper Viper Beam

§chizm

Smash Lord

Afrayail

Smash Ace
XD @ Chris

Also, what are you talking about, Tyser?? Mew2QUEEN will be there, reppin' Melee! My mewtwo is beast.
dear god I suck at melee, but we can get people in if its not too high of entry fee.

resTy

Smash Champion
Melee should be $1 or $2 this time.
The competition is gonna be pretty casual so I think the price sounds fair.
People probably don't wanna throw $5 in for a 10 man tourney anyways :p.
We won't have a lot of our Melee guys at this tourney either from what I've been hearing..
I'm gonna be the only guy from Nebraska Melee there, Greg and Bolt won't be there and we don't have any out of state interest for Melee :'(

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I can bring a set up for SUPER. Just cause it has to be there. Not sure if any SRK people other than me are showing to run something though. What say you?

Twinkieftw

Smash Cadet
The 29th? Glad it wasn't this weekend when we have graduation.

I can probably scrounge up some Grinnellians to head there on that date for Brawl and hopefully Melee this time. Zeal and I always hope it's there, but Melee never seems to be there. u.u

gantrain05

Smash Master
Melee should be $1 or $2 this time.
The competition is gonna be pretty casual so I think the price sounds fair.
People probably don't wanna throw $5 in for a 10 man tourney anyways :p.
We won't have a lot of our Melee guys at this tourney either from what I've been hearing..
I'm gonna be the only guy from Nebraska Melee there, Greg and Bolt won't be there and we don't have any out of state interest for Melee :'(
i love melee foo! and im takin the melee tourney, i mean, i have never ever played the game for realsies, and never played competetively, but i got mindgames, and mindgames wins tournies right?

Jayford

Smash Lord
i love melee foo! and im takin the melee tourney, i mean, i have never ever played the game for realsies, and never played competetively, but i got mindgames, and mindgames wins tournies right?
Sometimes if a person tries really hard and n air shines fast enough with Fox they can win with thoughts of candy and puppy dogs in their head : D

Top Bottom