• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery List and Discussion [SEPT 7] - 19 videos!

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
It is possible to perform a Fair with Ganondorf without landing lag, so I think a SJR with Ganon's Fair is possible. Of course you can't do an ISJR with Ganon's Fair, but you can start a chain with that move and then use the ISJR with other techniques. Just a thing to keep an eye out for.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I didnt say Zamus, Samus my friend :p

Then I guess ill stick to missile canceling. Works as well also. Just throwing stuff out there to see what is possible.
Oh wow. XDD Sorry. I must've been dyslexic and mixed 'Samus' with the Z in Zair. >_>;;;

@Clai: Yeah we already know that you can SJR anything. However chaining ISJR like that with Ganon's fair is a good idea. o_o

Ravin

Smash Lord
Oh wow. XDD Sorry. I must've been dyslexic and mixed 'Samus' with the Z in Zair. >_>;;;

@Clai: Yeah we already know that you can SJR anything. However chaining ISJR like that with Ganon's fair is a good idea. o_o
Its cool XD.

Kinda makes me with Zamus had a Zair now. XD

Oh well. Ill keep an eye out for these ISJR's.

Ive been working on ganons and I got the Dair down, Uair is a pain, ive also noticed hit delay makes it harder to time. Just a fact for those who are wanting to use this outside of show.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ive also noticed hit delay makes it harder to time. Just a fact for those who are wanting to use this outside of show.
Same thing with L-canceling, and I think people who want to use it for something other then show are... the entire thread.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Same thing with L-canceling, and I think people who want to use it for something other then show are... the entire thread.
I agree, but your going to have people who just know it, its going to be harder to use it then some people think. I donno about you, but im not going to let my opponent hop around like a kangaroo. XP

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Guys I'm not against this new technique. But don't you think this is just too case specific to be a viable combo method?

The game is progressing quite nicely without wide usage of this technique.

Do you think maybe this is a suboptimal technique that were spending too much time mastering for suboptimal results? Dunno, just a rant of mine...

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Guys I'm not against this new technique. But don't you think this is just too case specific to be a viable combo method?

The game is progressing quite nicely without wide usage of this technique.

Do you think maybe this is a suboptimal technique that were spending too much time mastering for suboptimal results? Dunno, just a rant of mine...
Yeah, this is why I have lost interest in the technique. I DO still believe that this could open up OTHER, more useful opportunities, but I've pretty much given up for now. But I still come back here to post videos and information on the front page when other people find things.

But I have not lost hope!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not really, it's usable for most widely used aerials, and considering how every frame counts, I don't think it's case specific at all, especially since it's uses go FAR beyond combos. So many things just get safer with this, plus, it's a choice, so it adds additional strategic depth.

Any results are worth something, at top-level play, EVERY frame counts.

Sky`

Smash Lord
I'm so sorry, I have looked everywhere.

What the hell does "Buffer" A jump mean?
What does... that step mean?!?!

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Buffering a jump is when you press and hold the jump button RIGHT before you land. Done correctly, you'll jump immediately after landing.

In the case of ISJR, you won't actually land. You will just second jump again.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
^It's overly difficult to pull off consistently and its applications are much less then L-canceling (canceling normal landing lag isn't a large boost of speed)..

As it stands, this won't be the new groundbreaking tech. We probably won't even get a new groundbreaking AT T_T

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Ah.. sorry for my inactivity, again.

For anyone who is wondering. Buffering any button command (in this case, a jump), means to press the button slightly before it needs to be pressed, making the timing slightly easier. If I'm not mistaken, buffering in fighting games comes from games like Tekken, where you could press a full button combination before the previous command's animation ended in order for the attacks to come out on the very first frame possible without you having to perfectly time the button press.

Hope that helps.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
This was very groundbreaking when it was introduced. It's not that difficult to perform, it just takes practice. Anyway just posting to say I'm glad this thread hasn't died. :p

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for your support, Woody. :p

I just wish this technique could have produced something more gamebreaking or useful.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Thanks for your support, Woody. :p

I just wish this technique could have produced something more gamebreaking or useful.
It's just that... nobody is bothering to use it.

Really it's a lot like MK's IDC glitch, nobody was bothering to use it, but it's highly useful.

Only it garnered enough attention outside of the MK boards for people to test and see how overpowered it really was, hence the ban.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Off-topic I know but.

It's just that... nobody is bothering to use it.

Really it's a lot like MK's IDC glitch, nobody was bothering to use it, but it's highly useful.

Only it garnered enough attention outside of the MK boards for people to test and see how overpowered it really was, hence the ban.
I just reread this. Besides stalling matches (the basis of it being banned *sigh*) it's very hard to apply it in a really useful way. MK already approaches really well and using it in the theoretically broken way of Infinite caping to attack repeatedly would drag out the match (which brings us back to stalling).

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
My lord, who keeps on bumping this thread? *Checks* Oh, two people with Peach avatars, for one. *officially dislikes Peach mains* Hmm, someone with Mario in their avatar *officially dislikes Mario mains*

All jokes aside, in retrospect, this discovery did help us realize who could do 'infinite jumps' a LOT quicker than discovering them one by one over the months. Sped up the process, so to say.

firemario: Well, no one bothered one for MK, since it'd be useless to him (so it'd be a waste of effort), and anyone capable of doing it with Mario either didn't have the stuff, or was to lazy to take one. ;( I could always go off and make a replay on it, and if you don't have WiFi, see if someone could take a vid of the replay and upload it to youtube or something. =P I...know some people who could, actually.

EDIT: and should be easier doing it on a CRT and not an HD TV. I'd only do it if you REALLY wanted me to, though.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the process of moving, but I'll contribute. Since I can ISJR pretty good with Link, he will be the first. I can't seem to do it with Falco at all, and he's my main main (:laugh:), Or Samus, cause her jumps are waaaaay to floaty. I'm gonna check out that Ganondorf vid again, anyone who says that vid is not inspiration to learn this technique is crazy.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
LINK'S ISJR VIDEO by Ryuto:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpNFvgmwpE0

I tried doing this for hours a few weeks ago with Link and gave up, thinking it wasn't possible. But this has given me hope and I'm ready to try again when I have time. xD
Isn't that awesome! You can also ISJR/SJR an air dodge. That's sick. If someone could consistantly ISJR, they could air dodge between aerials, or whenever they want to! Just a reminder, I'm pretty sure someone mentioned it somewhere in this thread.:bee: ISJR/SJR FTW!:laugh: Acronyms. . .

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
the ganondorf video is nuts, thats ground breaking for him

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I've been out of a working computer for a few weeks, but I finally have one. x_x (and boy is it amazing)

So yeah, I added two videos... both Link videos, actually.

Oh, and thanks for the shoutout, Woody. ;D

Zylar

Smash Ace
I have a question regarding pikachu's dair sjr.
Do you get the jump during the aerial ending animation, or during the hitting the floor animation?
Is it even possible to buffer a jump out of hitting the floor?

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
Is this even useful for Lucario or DK? To me this technique seems somewhat useless actually. It seems good for like Ganondorf definitely, but for most others it seems to be useless. I don't think your enemy will have trouble reading you when you can do aerials in the exact same spot and only in that spot. It seems like its approachable. *shrugs*

.CMW.

Top Bottom