• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery List and Discussion [SEPT 7] - 19 videos!

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
no offense but... if i see someone doing this, they become easy to gimp because they lost their second jump. maybe its because i play falcon so i can just falcon kick with precise timing. this technique is pretty useless imo... maybe with specials/long ranged attacks (ivysaur's bair if possible, or falco's lasers) then this is pretty useful

gallax

Smash Hero
hey guys. everyone here should already know about the QAC(quick atack cancel) for pikachu. well the most prominent members in the community got into a discussion about the qac and its properties when it was realized that the qac has properties very similar to the ISJR. if one qac's into the ground and cancels it with a jump, they are in fact using their second jump to go back into the air, and you can perform the qac as many times as you can, making it infinite. those are just the basic rules it follows though.

what i am trying to say is that we believe that the qac should be considered an ISJR. any thoughts.?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Can anyone please find the timing for MK and post it in a vid, ive been trying for a small amount of time and have no idea what the timing is for him(i got robs down but i want know for him). It may seem useless, but i doubt it is

Raizo

Smash Rookie
oh wow the timing must be extremely hard to use in real battle

Veril

Frame Savant
Just for everyone's information: nearly all aerial moves are ISJRable only if you would land exactly on their exact IASA frame and have buffered a double jump. Exceptions to this include Pikachu's QA, Bowsers Klaw, Luigi's down-b and a few others I'm forgetting ;p

Every aerial is SJRable. Aerials require frame perfect timing to be ISJRed. Zairs and specials can also be SJRed in the same way. Its very difficult to do reliably.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Looks like this tech will never take off due to the timing. I do wonder if there is any aerial that have enough IASA frames in order to make this somewhat reliably doable. Wish we could also get a frame breakdown.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Looks like this tech will never take off due to the timing. I do wonder if there is any aerial that have enough IASA frames in order to make this somewhat reliably doable. Wish we could also get a frame breakdown.
Bowser's side B.
Other than that....

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Just came back to Smashboards after months (maybe over a year?) of not being here. (Left shorly after Brawl+ discussion was banned(?)) It seems like I have really good timing when it comes to finding really weird coincidences... Such as this thread being on the front page.

HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL ALIVE?

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Just came back to Smashboards after months (maybe over a year?) of not being here. (Left shorly after Brawl+ discussion was banned(?)) It seems like I have really good timing when it comes to finding really weird coincidences... Such as this thread being on the front page.

HOW IS THIS THREAD STILL ALIVE?
It's 'cause this technique is groundbreaking and uber useful if used the right way. We just don't know what the right way is. :urg:
Or it could be that people are addicted to the challange of timing the aerials. ^_^

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
It's 'cause this technique is groundbreaking and uber useful if used the right way. We just don't know what the right way is. :urg:
Or it could be that people are addicted to the challange of timing the aerials. ^_^
Good to hear from you, Woody. :p

And yeah, I understand. That's the whole reason I was so interested in the project in the first place. Now I realize that Brawl doesn't really need this sort of technique... But that's exactly the reason I found I didn't really care for the game. But I still hope this technique adds some sort higher-level technical skill to the game. Maybe it will give some incentive to come back to it. ANYWAY /rant

I receieved a message from somebody from the ROB community last July (just checked my inbox :urg:) and apparently ISJR is really useful for ROB's metagame. Do you know anything about that?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Well I can say right now that Ike can be so good if he uses this with his Fair. People will have trouble touching him because there will be a huge disjoint in their face + a strong move + Ike will be moving + he can do it again really fast. ISJ + Fair and through in a jab game and you have a really good character.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Good to hear from you, Woody. :p

And yeah, I understand. That's the whole reason I was so interested in the project in the first place. Now I realize that Brawl doesn't really need this sort of technique... But that's exactly the reason I found I didn't really care for the game. But I still hope this technique adds some sort higher-level technical skill to the game. Maybe it will give some incentive to come back to it. ANYWAY /rant

I receieved a message from somebody from the ROB community last July (just checked my inbox :urg:) and apparently ISJR is really useful for ROB's metagame. Do you know anything about that?
Thanks! Sadly, I don't know anything about ROB and the ISJR. But I think now is the time to for me to look into it.
And your wrong, Brawl does need this technique. It just needs a little guidance on how it should be used. And that's what I plan to do, once I buy Brawl (it's a long story). So get ready to update your thread. :)

Well I can say right now that Ike can be so good if he uses this with his Fair. People will have trouble touching him because there will be a huge disjoint in their face + a strong move + Ike will be moving + he can do it again really fast. ISJ + Fair and throw in a jab game and you have a really good character.
Dangit, quit changing your avatar, I miss the Shiek one. :laugh: Anyway, couldn't you also throw a counter into the mix?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Dangit, quit changing your avatar, I miss the Shiek one. :laugh: Anyway, couldn't you also throw a counter into the mix?
I will probably keep this one for a long time.
Anyways, a counter would work too. Ike has a lot of.... difficult potential. If an Ike can do everything correctly 100% of the time he could be high tier. The only other problem would be recovery.
He could probably even use Dair while ISJing.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
I will probably keep this one for a long time.
Anyways, a counter would work too. Ike has a lot of.... difficult potential. If an Ike can do everything correctly 100% of the time he could be high tier. The only other problem would be recovery.
He could probably even use Dair while ISJing.
We will see how long you keep that avatar. I got my eye on you. :lick:
How do you feel about autocanceling? To me, auto canceling is very similar to ISJR. There are a few differences, but generally speaking, autocanceling is a much easier and safer version of ISJR.
Here are two vids to compare:
Auto cancelling (mostly everyone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyhnF4jZa_Y#movie_player

ISJR (Captain Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqHSBgkb4qQ

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to let someone know that the G&W link is broken.. Haven't tested any others though.

Luxor

Smash Champion
It's not a useful visual cue, since you have to input the jump the instant it occurs. It looks like regular falling rather than the aerial's endlag animation.

Top Bottom